Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Rogers Small Business iPhone xs 64gb for $429 with $600 credit each line

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2018 5:45 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 4, 2011
116 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Rogers Small Business iPhone xs 64gb for $429 with $600 credit each line

Just went to Wireless etc at Costco on dixie & Dundas
rogers is offering 6gb unlimited plan with iPhone xs 64gb for $110 per month for 24 month with $300+$300=$600 credits
credits are on 2nd or 3rd bill
Last edited by hasmu on Sep 24th, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 19, 2004
1889 posts
344 upvotes
Mississauga
is the XS free up front with a 2 year contract?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2012
3671 posts
4330 upvotes
Toronto
guessguy wrote: is the XS free up front with a 2 year contract?
dawg straight up says $429 on the title
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
3900 posts
3299 upvotes
No Bum Deals
*Searching for deal*

*Error - No deal found*
🢂 2x Koodo 35/10 - 1x Koodo 35/7 - 1x Fido Data 0/3 🢀
Sr. Member
May 14, 2013
534 posts
824 upvotes
RFD
For those of you on the Koodo $40/8GB, not worth the switch:

Total of $1509 (excluding GST/HST) for the Phone vs. $1379 excluding GST/HST directly from Apple. You also lose 2GB of data.

$70 extra/month x 24 mo's = $1680
less $600
+ $429 = total of $1509 excluding GST/HST.
Member
Oct 26, 2016
331 posts
409 upvotes
TheAccountant wrote: For those of you on the Koodo $40/8GB, not worth the switch:

Total of $1509 (excluding GST/HST) for the Phone vs. $1379 excluding GST/HST directly from Apple. You also lose 2GB of data.

$70 extra/month x 24 mo's = $1680
less $600
+ $429 = total of $1509 excluding GST/HST.
How do you come up with those numbers? The plan is 110 a month total. The tab is probably 40 a month and the actually cost of the plan is 70... So 24 x 40 = 960 PLUS 429 up front = 1389 - 600 in credits is 789 for the phone (plus tax), which is actually a good deal...

People have to stop looking at total monthly cost and start looking at how much does the actual plan cost without the phone and then factor in the tab and up front cost to see what the the total cost of the phone is
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 7, 2012
2749 posts
821 upvotes
West
cb8888 wrote: How do you come up with those numbers? The plan is 110 a month total. The tab is probably 40 a month and the actually cost of the plan is 70... So 24 x 40 = 960 PLUS 429 up front = 1389 - 600 in credits is 789 for the phone, which is actually a good deal...

People have to stop looking at total monthly cost and start looking at how much does the actual plan cost without the phone
He specifically stated 'for those on the Koodo $40/8gb plan it's not worth the switch'...
However much value/cost someone places on the 6gb plan will determine if this is a deal or not.

For instance, if you compare the multiple offerings over the latest while for $40/45 for 6gb, then you are better off buying the phone separately.
Last edited by WhatsTheRush on Sep 24th, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the Koodo $40 for 8GB Plan 😉
Member
Oct 26, 2016
331 posts
409 upvotes
WhatsTheRush wrote: He specifically stated 'for those on the $40/8gb koodo plan it's not worth the switch'...
However much value/cost someone places on the 6gb plan will determine it this is a deal or not.
And then he proceeded to say the phone costs 1600 plus tax... Without doing a breakdown of the cost...

Go to koodo with the 40/8 plan, pay 429 for the phone up front and add another 40 a month for your plan. You're now paying 80 a month for 8 GB with no credit on your account...

Yes the plan at Rogers is more expensive, everyone knows this... But just the phone itself is actually cheaper

Remember, cost of phone and cost of plan are 2 different things
Last edited by cb8888 on Sep 24th, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
2101 posts
228 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
hasmu wrote: Just went to Wireless etc at Costco on dixie & Dundas
rogers is offering 6gb unlimited plan with iPhone xs 64gb for $110 per month for 24 month with $300+$300=$600 credits
credits are on 2nd or 3rd bill
I’m assuming two lines.. 300 port in credit per line?
Member
Jun 30, 2009
325 posts
159 upvotes
pooper wrote: *Searching for deal*

*Error - No deal found*
How is this not a deal? Can you explain. It looks like a great deal to me.

24x$110 + $429 = $3467.97 (taxes in)

Credits are probably $600 flat. Brings you to $2867.97 out of pocket when taken into account.

Then we look at what Apple would charge you for the phone if you bought it outright and did a Boyd plan from Rogers. iPhone xs 64 gig is $1379 + tax = $1558.27 taxes in. So if we subtract that from the above $2867.97 you get $1309.70 for what is 24 months of service.

Final is $54.57 taxes in per month for unlimited calling, texting and 6 gigs. Looks good to me. It’s Rogers so not a discount carrier. What am I missing (asking legitimately) as I’m going to signup right now?
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 4, 2011
116 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
demanche wrote: I’m assuming two lines.. 300 port in credit per line?
no its $600 credit for 1 line 300 device credit and 300 port in credit
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 7, 2012
2749 posts
821 upvotes
West
cb8888 wrote: And then he proceeded to say the phone costs 1600 plus tax... Without doing a breakdown of the cost...

Go to koodo with the 40/8 plan, pay 429 for the phone up front and add another 40 a month for your plan. You're now paying 80 a month for 8 GB with no credit on your account...

Yes the plan at Rogers is more expensive, everyone knows this... But just the phone itself is actually cheaper

Remember, cost of phone and cost of plan are 2 different things
All that matters in the end is the total cost (plan + phone).
On the Koodo $40 for 8GB Plan 😉
Member
Nov 25, 2014
392 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sorry n00b question - What's the definition of a small business according to Costco?
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 4, 2011
116 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
tintin2k2 wrote: Sorry n00b question - What's the definition of a small business according to Costco?
you need the HST number
Member
Oct 26, 2016
331 posts
409 upvotes
WhatsTheRush wrote: All that matters in the end is the total cost (plan + phone).
Sure but the way The Accountant worded it made it sound like the phone cost more then buying outright from the apple store... so, if you want to talk numbers of total cost

- Koodo 40 a month for 8GB
- 660 for iphone XS up front
-Extra large tab at 30 a month
Cost
660 upfront plus 30 for tab x 24 months = 1380 plus tax for the phone
40 a month for plan x 24 months = 960 plus tax for the plan
Total = 2340 plus tax

- Rogers 70 a month for 6GB plan
- 429 for Iphone XS up front
- ultra tab at 40 a month
Cost
429 upfront cost plus 40 x 24 = 1389 plus tax for phone
70 a month for plan x 24 months = 1680 plus tax
Total cost = 3069 plus tax for plan and phone
Subtract 600 for bill credits = 3069 - 600 = 2469 plus tax

So you're paying 129 more total over 2 years and getting 2GB of data less per month... this is also assuming the 40 a month for 8GB plan is an in market plan... which it's not

Like I said, we all know rogers is more expensive when it comes to their monthly plans AND if you want to make this a real comparison you take an equivalent in market plan from koodo, not a promo plan which probably less then 1% of the population has
Member
Nov 25, 2014
392 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hasmu wrote: you need the HST number
Great !!! have to check with the local Costco then !!!
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10793 posts
2976 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
tintin2k2 wrote: Sorry n00b question - What's the definition of a small business according to Costco?
In the case of this deal, if you have a half-way decent plan now, the definition is gullible.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
3900 posts
3299 upvotes
No Bum Deals
santafe wrote: How is this not a deal? Can you explain. It looks like a great deal to me.

24x$110 + $429 = $3467.97 (taxes in)

Credits are probably $600 flat. Brings you to $2867.97 out of pocket when taken into account.

Then we look at what Apple would charge you for the phone if you bought it outright and did a Boyd plan from Rogers. iPhone xs 64 gig is $1379 + tax = $1558.27 taxes in. So if we subtract that from the above $2867.97 you get $1309.70 for what is 24 months of service.

Final is $54.57 taxes in per month for unlimited calling, texting and 6 gigs. Looks good to me. It’s Rogers so not a discount carrier. What am I missing (asking legitimately) as I’m going to signup right now?
I have five gigs for free (for a year then $14.55 per month taxes in). This includes the $180 first year rebate and $300 yearly referrals which were very easy to get.
So, yeah I am biassed because I have a great plan (Public Mobile migration). You're paying $55 per month (taxes in) for the plan. You will be paying an extra $1145.40 over the two years, taxes in, compared to me if I buy the iPhone outright today.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/10 - 1x Koodo 35/7 - 1x Fido Data 0/3 🢀
Sr. Member
May 14, 2013
534 posts
824 upvotes
RFD
cb8888 wrote: Sure but the way The Accountant worded it made it sound like the phone cost more then buying outright from the apple store... so, if you want to talk numbers of total cost

- Koodo 40 a month for 8GB
- 660 for iphone XS up front
-Extra large tab at 30 a month
Cost
660 upfront plus 30 for tab x 24 months = 1380 plus tax for the phone
40 a month for plan x 24 months = 960 plus tax for the plan
Total = 2340 plus tax

- Rogers 70 a month for 6GB plan
- 429 for Iphone XS up front
- ultra tab at 40 a month
Cost
429 upfront cost plus 40 x 24 = 1389 plus tax for phone
70 a month for plan x 24 months = 1680 plus tax
Total cost = 3069 plus tax for plan and phone
Subtract 600 for bill credits = 3069 - 600 = 2469 plus tax

So you're paying 129 more total over 2 years and getting 2GB of data less per month... this is also assuming the 40 a month for 8GB plan is an in market plan... which it's not

Like I said, we all know rogers is more expensive when it comes to their monthly plans AND if you want to make this a real comparison you take an equivalent in market plan from koodo, not a promo plan which probably less then 1% of the population has
I don't know why you're so upset. I never once said it was a bad deal (again that's subjective based on your current plan and situation).

I know a lot of people on this forum, including myself, managed to get on a the $40/8gb or something similar. So i just did the math quickly to see if was worth the switch. I just took the incremental cost of switching to this Rogers plan vs. buying the phone outright from Apple on the $40/8GB Koodo plan.

Not everyone wants to read all this 20+ line of text, which proves exactly what my single sentence said.

And it's funny that you mention 1%, considering this is a "Rogers Small Business" deal.

Top