Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Roku Premiere 4K Streaming Player 2-PACK $67.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2021 9:59 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1436 posts
2260 upvotes
ArtisticBison wrote: Great value here! I’ve been a long time Roku user and their recent purchase of the Quibi library added a lot of great content.
serious question... i'm interested in this cos of Roku's free (ad supported?) content for my mother cos we don't have cable anymore. aside from the Quibi library, what's your opinion of what's available?
Apr 5, 2018
475 posts
473 upvotes
Its an important feature indeed - when its cold, I don't like to take my hand out of the blanket to use the remote.
Sep 6, 2011
666 posts
219 upvotes
Oakville
CantMissADeal wrote: In terms of laggyness, will this be more like a built in smart TV function or an ATV? Was waiting for Prime Days to get a Firestick 4k for my secondary TV's but the price of this looks good. My only concern is I hate laggyness.
any idea when would that be? Prime Day
Nov 8, 2013
121 posts
16 upvotes
Bought one of these a few months ago. Used it with the Plex app to stream movies and television shows on my TV. The thing fried itself within about two months. Every time I turned it on, it would overheat within a couple minutes, and after following all of the steps on their website multiple times, it would still over heat. Roku's customer service was abysmal and turned me off of their products for good.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13239 posts
12069 upvotes
Toronto
Regular price is $45 for one, for those wondering.
Dec 21, 2016
175 posts
334 upvotes
Alberta
evanwier wrote: What are you people sideloading?
After convincing my parents to finally cut the cord, I sideloaded a firestick with syncler and debrid.
Nov 14, 2017
376 posts
696 upvotes
gotglint wrote: serious question... i'm interested in this cos of Roku's free (ad supported?) content for my mother cos we don't have cable anymore. aside from the Quibi library, what's your opinion of what's available?
It’s a lot of older filler and news tbh. Quibi acquisition made it a decent platform, but previous to that I might have found 1 or 2 enjoyable movies out of the lot since release.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2015
5280 posts
4939 upvotes
Southern Ontario
User131439 wrote: But if you just need it for streaming the Roku interface is miles better then the new Fire Stick UI.
The new Roku stick is much faster than the Firestick, which needs a new version.

I have both, Roku is faster but Firestick is used more for the sideloading content. Lets be honest... without sideloading, how much non-first run content can you watch? I'm not one to pay for any subscription so it's free content only.

I think this is an older model... it's $50 for the Express 4k. There are so many models, it gets confusing.

Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
Gibsons wrote: The new Roku stick is much faster than the Firestick, which needs a new version.

I have both, Roku is faster but Firestick is used more for the sideloading content. Lets be honest... without sideloading, how much non-first run content can you watch? I'm not one to pay for any subscription so it's free content only.

I think this is an older model... it's $50 for the Express 4k.
Have you used the Fire TV Sticks released last year?

The new Fire TV Sticks released last year are the Fire TV Stick Lite - 1st gen (2020) and the Fire TV Stick - 3rd gen (2020), both have the same Quad Core 1.7GHz processor and GPU as the Fire TV Stick 4K - 1st gen (2018)
Destiny is all
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2015
5280 posts
4939 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Dhanushan wrote: Have you used the Fire TV Sticks released last year?

The new Fire TV Sticks released last year are the Fire TV Stick Lite - 1st gen (2020) and the Fire TV Stick - 3rd gen (2020), both have the same Quad Core 1.7GHz processor and GPU as the Fire TV Stick 4K - 1st gen (2018)
No clue which one it is. I have the Alexa remote function... I basically only use the thing to sideload first run content. What's available on Roku or Firestick (for free) isn't much to write home about. Before I learned how to sideload my firestick, it spent most of the time in the drawer.

You did prove my point if the processor is unchanged for 3 years... that's an eternity in the electronics world.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
2526 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
Gibsons wrote: No clue which one it is. I have the Alexa remote function... I basically only use the thing to sideload first run content. What's available on Roku or Firestick (for free) isn't much to write home about. Before I learned how to sideload my firestick, it spent most of the time in the drawer.

You did prove my point if the processor is unchanged for 3 years... that's an eternity in the electronics world.
I dunno my 1st gen Nvidia Shield from I’d like to say 2016(?) feels ought fully quick even compared to my 2 x fire sticks. Maybe the Roku is much faster?
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2015
5280 posts
4939 upvotes
Southern Ontario
xjesterxx wrote: I dunno my 1st gen Nvidia Shield from I’d like to say 2016(?) feels ought fully quick even compared to my 2 x fire sticks. Maybe the Roku is much faster?
My Roku Express 4K is faster than my Firestick and another poster said they haven't changed processors or GPU... so you be the judge. I think this Costco deal is for older Roku models, but all the similar names of the different products can be confusing.

This is the one I have... reserved on a presale before it came out a few months back. I know this one is new, the ones on this deal, could be last years model or older.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ro ... lsrc=aw.ds
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
Gibsons wrote: My Roku Express 4K is faster than my Firestick and another poster said they haven't changed processors or GPU... so you be the judge. I think this Costco deal is for older Roku models, but all the similar names of the different products can be confusing.
Do you have the Fire TV Stick 4K version?

The Fire TV Stick was upgraded to the Fire TV Stick 4K processor and GPU in last year (2020)
Before the Fire TV Stick (2nd gen) released in 2016 and updated with a new remote in 2019 used a slower processor.
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
3150 posts
7726 upvotes
Ontario
I bought the Roku Premiere not long ago. I like it. I also have the Roku Streaming Stick + for the bedroom. I'd buy this two pack just for kicks, but I don't plan to be at a Costco in the next day or two.

EDIT: Just realized this is online. Now I want to know how much is it in store!
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
A great feature of these that most don't realize, is that these are one of the few Airplay 2 compatible streaming devices out there.
May 19, 2005
81 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Saw it in store at 59.99. A lot in stock. Scarborough.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2015
5280 posts
4939 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Dhanushan wrote: Do you have the Fire TV Stick 4K version?
Yes I have the Firestick 4K with Alexa.
Jan 27, 2021
179 posts
78 upvotes
i have roku built into my smart tv and man it is slow and laggy....if i buy this and use this instead of native roku built into tv will i get better performance?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)