Hot Deals

[Costco] Roku Streaming Stick + ($39.97)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 7:41 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1583 posts
2966 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Roku Streaming Stick + ($39.97)

I know we all have a thousand streaming devices. But this seems lower than anywhere else

Roku Streaming Stick+ (4K) for $39.97

Photo:
PXL_20201028_222330426.jpg
75 replies
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3440 posts
910 upvotes
Toronto
ooooooo i think they're adding airplay to the roku 4k
May 12, 2020
15 posts
3 upvotes
Would be great if you could put Kodi on it
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12266 posts
19998 upvotes
Invest in other platforms ( fire stick , ChromecastGoogle TV etc ) , Roku is useless in Canada
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3017 posts
608 upvotes
stephroll wrote: Invest in other platforms ( fire stick , ChromecastGoogle TV etc ) , Roku is useless in Canada
What? I use my Roku every day here in Canada, thank you. Works great, perhaps you should consider offering your opinion as just that, instead of fact.
I also have a firestick, and some devices with google tv.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12266 posts
19998 upvotes
dvdvideo wrote: What? I use my Roku every day here in Canada, thank you. Works great, perhaps you should consider offering your opinion as just that, instead of fact.
I have a Roku TV , I use fire stick 4K because I can side load on it
Dec 2, 2004
994 posts
800 upvotes
stephroll wrote: Invest in other platforms ( fire stick , ChromecastGoogle TV etc ) , Roku is useless in Canada
I have this built-in to my TV so kinda like free, but there are some channels you can add for free TV, News ... not sure if they're just same Google Play Apps ...

Stuff like ROKU Channel, Bloomberg News, Global TV, CNN, etc ... they have a built-in media player, but it doesn't decode DTS and some other audio formats ...
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1270 posts
494 upvotes
I have Roku stick, Roku tv, fire TV, and fire TV stick.
The fire TV os is way better than the Roku if you want to do more than just watch the basic apps included ie. Chrome
Last edited by ditachan on Oct 28th, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3759 posts
1043 upvotes
I'd go for the Firestick 4k or the new Chromecast over this. The flexibility is worth a few bucks more.
Apr 18, 2017
624 posts
1191 upvotes
dvdvideo wrote: What? I use my Roku every day here in Canada, thank you. Works great, perhaps you should consider offering your opinion as just that, instead of fact.
Ha! Roku is the most solid if you only use the main streaming apps. It just works.

My Fire Stick 4Ks are awful. Drops connections like crazy and has no Play Store options (unless using toolbox). The Chromecast 2020 is a joke too. I was pumped for it, but it's so slow and no user switching.
Aug 8, 2010
254 posts
172 upvotes
Quebec
Roku support Netflix and Prime flawlessly, that’s all I use. Thanks!
Sep 3, 2014
757 posts
739 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
I have several Roku boxes and sticks. They just work. But mine are all UK models as they enable viewing of UK channels on normal TVs (with the aid of a SmartDNS). Canadian/US ones won't download UK channels - and there's no hack to enable it.

The problem with the Sticks is that the remotes are wifi and don't use IR like the boxes do. It means its difficult to combine remotes and the wifi remote sensitivity is poor.
Jul 4, 2018
507 posts
408 upvotes
If this was offered last month i would have bought it. I was looking for it. It's a good price but ive recently bought the new chromecast
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2008
1001 posts
327 upvotes
Fraser Valley
CorSter wrote: I'd go for the Firestick 4k or the new Chromecast over this. The flexibility is worth a few bucks more.
FireTV is loaded with Banner ad's which sucks balls. I had FireTV's in my home (before they launched in Canada) they were great. As soon as the ad's arrived I jumped ship. I mostly use the Shield TV, but the Roku is a great streaming player.

Unfortunately I haven't' seen Roku stocked at any Costco locations in the BC Lower Mainland