Roomba Robot Vacuum i7+ $849 ($150 off) and other models

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2021 3:29 pm
[OP]
Jan 12, 2017
699 posts
2081 upvotes

[Costco] Roomba Robot Vacuum i7+ $849 ($150 off) and other models

Last edited by redondo2017 on Aug 30th, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
12 replies
Jun 13, 2008
151 posts
351 upvotes
Lonon
Picked up the i7+ with empty base from bed bath last year for $640 due to a online sale/coupon glitch. The self empty is great, havn't touched it since december.

Had a 960 which was returned as it didn't remember the map and required beacons rather than no go zones and can't program rooms. Cleaning out the little bin was a pain too, the self empty is really convenient. Not sure the s9+ is worth it at that price... too bad costco only has the i7 and not plus. The next level down for the i4+ doesn't seem to have the smart mapping features.
Sep 9, 2008
442 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
does iRobot have a model that washes the floors? is there one that does both vacuum and wash floors?
all your staples coupons are belong to us
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2008
2254 posts
5258 upvotes
EngineNo9 wrote: does iRobot have a model that washes the floors? is there one that does both vacuum and wash floors?
IRobot Braava models only "wipes", they don't "wash."

The only one I know that actually wash is the Narwal with the dual tank system, which also vacuums but one review says suction isn't great.

I'm not buying any iRobot "mops" until they have something similar to what Narwal has. It's a shame that the first innovator in robot vac / mop segment has stopped innovating. Now I'm stuck with a Roomba with no good mopping robot to go with it.
Banned
Sep 9, 2014
976 posts
1181 upvotes
Montreal, QC
blzn wrote: That deal lasted all of a few hours iirc. Still salty about missing it.
:/ I thought it would drop lower in the future, so I didn’t buy. Now, I kinda regret it lol. Oh well. It’ll be that price again in the future :). I’ll be patient.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1659 posts
1066 upvotes
Montreal
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
24787 posts
200079 upvotes
GTA
devil2k wrote: IRobot Braava models only "wipes", they don't "wash."

The only one I know that actually wash is the Narwal with the dual tank system, which also vacuums but one review says suction isn't great.

I'm not buying any iRobot "mops" until they have something similar to what Narwal has. It's a shame that the first innovator in robot vac / mop segment has stopped innovating. Now I'm stuck with a Roomba with no good mopping robot to go with it.
That's the problem I have - it's basically a glorified Swiffer, and $500 at that. They used to have a model called "Scooba" that would actually scrub the floor but discontinued it and never came out with a model to replace it. That's why I'm thinking my money might be better spent on one of those ones that you push around but has an agitator...
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
2949 posts
3168 upvotes
RaphaelK2005 wrote: The self empty is great, havn't touched it since december.
Including not checking on hair wrapped on the rollers and changing out the filter?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)