• May 13th, 2021 1:46 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3342 posts
2298 upvotes

Costco round bday cake, any good?

I saw that costco has round chocolate and vanilla cakes. Anyone tried them and can comment?

Currently our fav "low quality" cake is the Reece pieces cake from food basics for $10... so is the costco one any better?
Got that FIDO account!
7 replies
Apr 14, 2021
3 posts
1 upvote
I find it too sugary and sweet, costco's valentine cake (heart shaped, raspberry filling) was better to my taste.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3942 posts
22234 upvotes
Try it out, what do you got to lose. The smaller cakes are usually pretty decent but if you go for the large size slab where you can preorder I would say are slightly on the lower quality side but have never tried the huge large cakes myself.
Mar 25, 2009
143 posts
154 upvotes
Scarborough
UrbanPoet wrote: I havent tried their round ones. But their rectangular ones are fantastic. The famous tuxedo cake!
+1 for tuxedo
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
2174 posts
1656 upvotes
NOT centre of Univer…
The round ones use the same recipe as the large sheet cakes. They just made them smaller as people aren’t supposed to be having large gatherings with food.
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it bothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
10442 posts
4550 upvotes
Macx2mommy wrote: The round ones use the same recipe as the large sheet cakes. They just made them smaller as people aren’t supposed to be having large gatherings with food.
What if I like to eat it all myself. Confused Face

LOL, JK that makes sense.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
7564 posts
4902 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Gutty96 wrote: What if I like to eat it all myself. Confused Face

LOL, JK that makes sense.
Lol, I always laugh when cakes (or other stuff) say "serves 10-12" for example for a 6" cake. I'm like - not f'ing likely.