Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Salton slim induction cooktop $29.97 (in-store, ymmv)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2021 12:51 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20100 posts
7425 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Spinner wrote: They're also saying "Last chance to buy" for some reason.
That means its going to be discontinued
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9703 posts
4502 upvotes
Toronto
Any chance Costco has these in Toronto?? I've been looking for an induction cooktop deal for many years, for around this price
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9124 posts
2750 upvotes
London
It says 300 to 1500 W but I left my cellphone on it for an hour and it barely charged at all.

I might have to reread the instructions.

But seriously, $30 is a steal, useful when you need a portable burner.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9703 posts
4502 upvotes
Toronto
Ottomaddox wrote: It says 300 to 1500 W but I left my cellphone on it for an hour and it barely charged at all.

I don't need it for portable reasons, but being induction it would save more $$$ energy wise than my full range stove top in the long run
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7369 posts
3561 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Ottomaddox wrote: It says 300 to 1500 W but I left my cellphone on it for an hour and it barely charged at all.

OH wow.
And your cell phone didn't explode?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1676 posts
738 upvotes
I like how they advertise "precise temperature control". I don't find them precise at all and limited to the actual settings to their presets only. We have one from Costco which is at least 10 years and another from Ikea. I find the Ikea one works well but the Costco works well too, but it's not for low heat cooking in my opinion.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19829 posts
5919 upvotes
Save your money and buy one of these:

https://www.homehardware.ca/en/1800-wat ... lts%20page

Never had a problem with mine and use it so much I have stopped using my stove which saved me a ton of money in electrical costs. I also use an air fryer now exclusively for foods that normally would have used the stove's oven, saving even more money.
Sep 8, 2010
172 posts
186 upvotes
Windsor
do they sell propane/butane portable stoves?
Sep 4, 2013
195 posts
212 upvotes
Edmonton
siruiguo wrote: After trying, Salton 1500w didn't work for hotpot so avoid it even at clearance price.
Same experience. Bought one for hot pot for my family of 4. It can’t stay hot enough when we were all attacking it at the same time. Must have 1800w
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9872 posts
9553 upvotes
Markham
This one is way too weak for Hot Pot. Don't bother with it. Spend the extra 20 bucks and get the one from Ikea. Keeps a roiling boil no problem.
Apr 1, 2011
255 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
LarryT778370 wrote: I had hot pot twice with this. It works fine. A bit slow, but I don't need a quick hot pot anyways.
Then you are not having hot port right lol they need to be HOT HOT Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Jan 15, 2013
92 posts
13 upvotes
Moncton
New to induction cooktop, what do you mean by hot pot?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1849 posts
760 upvotes
Calgary
nyrongroo wrote: Not sure if its store specific or if Costco price match other store, here's the receipt just in case.
KS Jelly?
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20100 posts
7425 upvotes
Socially Distanced
gilead99 wrote: New to induction cooktop, what do you mean by hot pot?
I once asked the same question, for some reason induction and hot pot are related. From what i gather its becasue the traditional way to make hotpot is away from the regular stove with a butane canister stove and this hotplate being portable is considered an alternative. And in fact a great alternative becasue there are no toxic gas fumes produced indoors by using an induction burner.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1459 posts
667 upvotes
Ottawa
regular price is 59.99, so 50% off.
Thumbs up for the deal, thanks. Note that the online price of $60 includes free shipping and handling, and says it may be available in-store at a lower price. Normally I'd guess $50, allowing $10 for the free shipping & handling. $30 is a great deal either way, but Costco.ca has to be taken with a grain of salt.