Home Depot - $2195

Canadian Appliance Source - $2194.99

The Brick - $2199.95

Best Buy - $2199.99
74 replies
Oct 16, 2019
221 posts
385 upvotes
Friends don't let friends buy Samsung appliances.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3885 posts
5882 upvotes
Pehnull wrote: Friends don't let friends buy Samsung appliances.
yeah.. don't trust samsung appliances if you want to invest into something that lasts....
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3752 posts
1974 upvotes
Canada
I was just coming here to say exactly this.
Dec 10, 2006
215 posts
189 upvotes
I want to give advice that I wish I had heeded when buying all Samsung appliances for my new house in 2015. This may be a good price and many people may have positive experiences with Samsung. I have not. Every Samsung appliance I purchased (Oven, Fridge, washer, dryer) has failed at some point and needed repairs. Over $3000 in repairs in <7 years. Not one has survived. When the Samsung authorized repairman worked on the fridge he talked about 5 different known defects in addition to the the famous Samsung ice-maker freeze up. He then said "I don't want to say anything bad about Samsung, I would just recommend avoiding the Samsung appliances."

For what it's worth.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2206 posts
967 upvotes
Bought a fridge recently from Whirlpool (Costco). It is nothing fancy with out smart features. We didn't even hook up the water line/ice machine this time.
Hope it out last my life and die with the house.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4266 posts
1868 upvotes
Toronto
gbill2004 wrote: I was just coming here to say exactly this.
HAHAHAHAHA That's too funny! I was just scrolling down to post EXACTLY this.

the RFD community know all too well how shitty Samsung appliances are. Just do a simple search through the "Home and Garden" sub-forum.

Avoid Samsung appliances at all costs
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1320 posts
5293 upvotes
Van Isle
I appreciate the effort OP but I just cannot in good faith let my fellow RFD brethren down by upvoting ANY Samsung home appliance. They have a proven track record of FAIL. Great phones and TV's etc but major appliances garbage.
Militant Atheist....There's no goddamn god goddamn it
Jul 17, 2007
648 posts
1337 upvotes
Milton,ON
you know they have that tiktok trend where they scare someone and someone shouts RUN..Samsung reminds me of that
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT SALES,IS KNOWING WHERE NOT TO WASTE TIME
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
6217 posts
2382 upvotes
Samsung is like bmw - great specs, great bling, great marketing but unreliable and unreasonably high repair expenses
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3885 posts
5882 upvotes
SomeOtherDude wrote: Samsung is like bmw - great specs, great bling, great marketing but unreliable and unreasonably high repair expenses
BMW cars are more reliable than Samsung.
Jun 5, 2012
349 posts
533 upvotes
NEPEAN
In4mer514 wrote: you know they have that tiktok trend where they scare someone and someone shouts RUN..Samsung reminds me of that
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
7395 posts
3123 upvotes
katwittfan wrote: I appreciate the effort OP but I just cannot in good faith let my fellow RFD brethren down by upvoting ANY Samsung home appliance. They have a proven track record of FAIL. Great phones and TV's etc but major appliances garbage.
Even their phones are meh, imo.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Feb 7, 2009
797 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto
What’s a good alternative to Samsung?
Does LG fare any better?
Jan 8, 2020
235 posts
603 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thank you everyone. I'm back ordered on a fridge from Samsung and it has been two months since I ordered. They called me today delaying for 3 more weeks. I think I will cancel and buy another brand.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1202 posts
1744 upvotes
noelliam wrote: I want to give advice that I wish I had heeded when buying all Samsung appliances for my new house in 2015. This may be a good price and many people may have positive experiences with Samsung. I have not. Every Samsung appliance I purchased (Oven, Fridge, washer, dryer) has failed at some point and needed repairs. Over $3000 in repairs in <7 years. Not one has survived. When the Samsung authorized repairman worked on the fridge he talked about 5 different known defects in addition to the the famous Samsung ice-maker freeze up. He then said "I don't want to say anything bad about Samsung, I would just recommend avoiding the Samsung appliances."

For what it's worth.
thank you friends
no matter how much i dislike the LG washer i bought at the start of the pandemic, i guess i still avoided a bullet when my family's friends all were saying to buy Samsung for some reason (maybe they're stockholders)

just curious who makes good Fridges and stoves now?
both of ours is 30 years old now and i'm scared to replace them Disappointed But Relieved Face

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)