Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Samsung 36" French Door Refrigerator @ $1799 delivered

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2022 12:35 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2019
1127 posts
799 upvotes
ONTARIO
Pehnull wrote: Friends don't let friends buy Samsung appliances.
Yes their fridges have issues and same for LG.
Rest of their appliances are ok.
Just avoid the Korean brands for Fridges
Dec 1, 2012
210 posts
630 upvotes
Epiclemon wrote: What’s a good alternative to Samsung?
Does LG fare any better?
My LG dishwasher is complete crap and despite service switching out almost everything attached to and including the motor, the issue (high pitched noise caused by motor seal leak) returned after a few months.

I'd stay away from any Korean appliances, LG or Samsung.

I'll probably buy some Bosch appliances next time. Those are still good, right?
Last edited by Raisinlove on Oct 3rd, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2011
1826 posts
1515 upvotes
toronto
Their appliances are garbage got washer dryer 2 year ago already the dryer is having issues
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2012
1067 posts
406 upvotes
Toronto
Like many have posted, avoid Samsung. There's even a lawsuit in the US and I'm not sure why there's nothing for Canada. Main problems are the ice maker and then ice buildup and flooding the crisp tray area.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
3780 posts
6258 upvotes
LPT: don't buy appliances from a company that makes TVs or smartphones as their primary line of products.
Oct 28, 2012
171 posts
317 upvotes
VICTORIA
Raisinlove wrote: I'll probably buy some Bosch appliances next time. Those are still good, right?
Bosch is good if you buy the 300 series or better (300,500,800 or the Benchmark) with the 500 series being best bang for buck I personally think. Buy direct from Bosch via Perkopolis for the best deal (especially when they do a sale).

As for Samsung, they are the worst. The ice makers in their fridge will most likely fail and Samsung has no idea why. Stay away. You’ve been warned.
Jul 12, 2022
22 posts
131 upvotes
Samsung appliances? I thought this was supposed to be a money-saving forum?
Oct 20, 2018
302 posts
135 upvotes
Samsung fridges are notorious for ice maker issues they either die or don’t work. I know I have a Samsung fridge their recommendation for the ice maker issue is to unplug the fridge for 4-5 hours so that the hole where the ice comes from melts and then you can use ice again. I told him I’m not going to do that if I’m not going to back do fridge to unplug every month just cuz they designed this hole too small.

I saw that the new Samsung fridges sent back to simple design no ice dispenser I. The door but scoop your own lol unfortunately they screwed over too many peole with poor design/testing
Feb 19, 2007
13 posts
10 upvotes
For those of you who are having issues with your Samsung refrigerator.

Ive repaired a few of them now and here are the biggest culprits.

Bimetal thermostat.
Replace this when the fridge defroster still works, (if you force it on via settings, or if you unplug/plug the fridge in) but it still ices up when take the hair dryer to it.

The bimetal thermostat tells the defroster to turn off when it reaches a certain temperature. Defroster won't come on again if this part is busted.

Temperature sensor.
This tells the defroster to turn on once it reaches a certain temperature.

Drain lines.
Sometimes ice or other food particles can accumulate in the drain lines causing the crisper drawer floods, or other issues.

For all of these issues just search YouTube for how to's. Very easy to do.
Just make sure you de-ice with a hairdryer if the back panel in the fridge is difficult to remove. Probably stuck to the back with ice.

I've fixed my two different Samsung fridges, as well as friends. Also search up the service manual that will tell you how to force the defroster to run for 30 min even if those sensors have failed. However you have to put up with incessant beeping for those 30 min.

Good luck!
Last edited by DJBruticus on Oct 3rd, 2022 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
Are these made in Korea? The made in Mexico Samsung appliances are much better in terms of getting replaceable parts. It is difficult to source Korean parts in North America.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2088 posts
1511 upvotes
Toronto
Does LG fare any better?
We had a Samsung fridge and I have to agree with the thumbs down on them and for all the same reasons quoted here. Our particular issue was the ice maker and it may not be an issue for some, but I drink almost exclusively water (yes, very boring) and I'd almost argue that the fridge function is secondary to the ice and water dispenser for my particular lifestyle (lol).

We've since bought an LG fridge and have been happy but it's only been a year. We bought it from Costco with the 4 or 5 year warranty (can't remember off the top of my head) on purpose in case the same issue comes up, plus Costco gives us some extra confidence that they will be around and stand behind the warranty (unlike Sears and Future Shop that we had issues with before for obvious reasons). I can't speak towards other brands with confidence since it's not like you go through that many appliances as a normal person to be able to speak towards years of use and reliability easily. I'm also not someone that will generalize so broadly as to say "if it's made in x, it's good/bad" since it all depends on the details and most companies outsource their manufacturing in some capacity, if not the components themselves. The GE fridges I used in the past were fine without reliability issues (but boring and ugly) but I don't have any experience with recent models to be more relevant. Lastly, there's the value calculation we all do on price (e.g. do I buy a fridge for $1800 knowing I may have to spend $500 on repairs or buy a fridge for $3000 that I'm much more confident I may not have to pay for repairs, etc.) that can vary FWIW.
Sep 22, 2005
180 posts
133 upvotes
Snake13 wrote: Bosch is good if you buy the 300 series or better (300,500,800 or the Benchmark) with the 500 series being best bang for buck I personally think. Buy direct from Bosch via Perkopolis for the best deal (especially when they do a sale).
Wow this is a great tip! I didn't realize how steep those discounts were on Bosch via perkopolis. And I just replaced my dishwasher and fridge this past year. Doh!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5735 posts
1585 upvotes
Montreal
Does LG fare any better?
gotglint wrote: thank you friends
no matter how much i dislike the LG washer i bought at the start of the pandemic, i guess i still avoided a bullet when my family's friends all were saying to buy Samsung for some reason (maybe they're stockholders)

just curious who makes good Fridges and stoves now?
both of ours is 30 years old now and i'm scared to replace them Disappointed But Relieved Face
My LG French door fridge has faired pretty well since 2014 so I believe in not having an icemaker.
Oct 22, 2007
795 posts
1037 upvotes
I had to replace ALL my Whirlpool Appliances within 7 years (fridge, stove, dishwasher, washer, dryer) . Bought a fancy Kitchenaid fridge next...got a friend's and family deal for $3400 on fridge that retailed over $5k. This fridge died after 4.5 years. I'm now on an LG fridge. Will see how that fairs. The Kitchenaid Stove is 3.5-4 years old and already starting to give problems.

Safe to say that all brand appliances these days are garbage.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1291 posts
1795 upvotes
Montr
The appliance service team at Hunter Appliance in Littleton, Massachusetts, said, “We tend to see the lowest service call rates on Bosch, GE and KitchenAid French door fridges, and the highest on Samsung, LG, and Frigidaire. A through-the-door ice-and-water dispenser is certainly a common point of failure across all brands. Even so, we sell a majority of fridges with this feature.”

Appliance Services, LLC in Epping, New Hampshire, gave me the following advice:

Stay away from LG and Samsung. Few companies service these brands.
Paying more doesn’t get you a better refrigerator. They all have a 7-10 year lifespan nowadays.
We suggest Whirlpool. Not because they’re better but because everyone will service them, including us.
As a rule of thumb: the fewer bells and whistles, the better.
Try to keep the ice maker in the freezer, not in the fridge door. It might mean foregoing a door dispenser, but it will save you headaches and money in the long run.

The service technician at Another Cycle Appliance Repair, Inc. in Londonderry, New Hampshire, said, “We recommend Whirlpool, Maytag, and KitchenAid refrigerators — those brands are the most reliable. Samsung and LG Refrigerators are the least reliable.”

Most Reliable Refrigerator Brands: GE, Bosch, Whirlpool, KitchenAid
Based on my interviews with appliance service professionals, Yale’s annual reliability report, and consumer reviews, GE, Whirlpool, KitchenAid, and Bosch are the most reliable refrigerator brands right now.

Least Reliable Refrigerator Brands: LG, Samsung, Frigidaire
According to service professionals and consumer reviews, LG, Samsung, and Frigidaire are the least reliable refrigerator brands.

https://prudentreviews.com/reliable-ref ... or-brands/
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
Never buy a samsung fridge,dishwasher or washer. They all suck it will cause you more problems then not and you will regret it. It will break it will be a pain and it will cost alot to fix when out of warranty. One positive is if you need new friends then grab a samsung as you will become friends with the repair tech that will be at your house all the time.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Mar 14, 2018
864 posts
1207 upvotes
Pehnull wrote: Friends don't let friends buy Samsung appliances.
I clicked on this thread to post exactly the same thing 🤣
Feb 17, 2012
34 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary
If you like headaches and getting upset when talking with customer service buy Samsung
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1419 posts
5713 upvotes
Van Isle
SamuelBrCan wrote: Thank you everyone. I'm back ordered on a fridge from Samsung and it has been two months since I ordered. They called me today delaying for 3 more weeks. I think I will cancel and buy another brand.
This is a sound business decision grasshopper.
Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers
Aug 3, 2007
629 posts
366 upvotes
noelliam wrote: I want to give advice that I wish I had heeded when buying all Samsung appliances for my new house in 2015. This may be a good price and many people may have positive experiences with Samsung. I have not. Every Samsung appliance I purchased (Oven, Fridge, washer, dryer) has failed at some point and needed repairs. Over $3000 in repairs in <7 years. Not one has survived. When the Samsung authorized repairman worked on the fridge he talked about 5 different known defects in addition to the the famous Samsung ice-maker freeze up. He then said "I don't want to say anything bad about Samsung, I would just recommend avoiding the Samsung appliances."

For what it's worth.
EXACT same situation.... brand new home and needed to purchase all appliances. Went with what we thought were high end Samsung, they looked gorgeous and seemed to work well. By 7 years and after many repairs we had replaced every single one :( Worst purchases we have ever made in our lives and Samsung never stood by any of their products.

Do your research and avoid only looking for a matching "set". You are better off getting similar in appearance mismatched brands aiming for the highest rated appliances. We haven't had one repair in the years since we got rid of the Samsung garbage. The Bosch dishwasher is a beast.
Last edited by TaraNoodle on Oct 3rd, 2022 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.