Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Samsung 36" French Door Refrigerator @ $1799 delivered

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2022 12:35 pm
Feb 9, 2011
872 posts
434 upvotes
Samsung ice maker twice repaired. It breaks again and it’s going back to Costco. Don’t waste your money on Samsung appliances.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1617 posts
2292 upvotes
Pehnull wrote: Friends don't let friends buy Samsung appliances.
I think everyone is just repeating this non-sense monkey see monkey do.

I've had a samsung washer dryer for 5 years no issues, 4 door refrigerator with ice maker for 2 years no issues.

I don't know how ya'll use your appliances but mine have been abused by two young kids and they still work as new.

And my wife has a 4 year old BMW that never had any issues either.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1385 posts
2125 upvotes
Hammonds
RaphaelG041 wrote:
I think everyone is just repeating this non-sense monkey see monkey do.

I've had a samsung washer dryer for 5 years no issues, 4 door refrigerator with ice maker for 2 years no issues.

I don't know how ya'll use your appliances but mine have been abused by two young kids and they still work as new.

Cool.

I went through 2 front load washers in 9 years (7yr&2yr - spider arm and simply unable to clean/adding filth to clothes), a dryer in 11 (kept blowing thermal fuse), their glass top electric convection stove lasted 8yr (seized fan, full power on any setting burners, no functional display), meanwhile the lg fridge and Bosch design dishwasher are still going after 14 years.

As for use all looked brand new but the slight use scratches in the glass top stove and the crazy amount of mold on the front load washer causing the staining. There were no kids to touch them and only 2 people for their use. If my use case is like yours the problems will come in 2 to 4 years. Good luck!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1833 posts
411 upvotes
Winnipeg
RaphaelG041 wrote: I think everyone is just repeating this non-sense monkey see monkey do.

Lucky so far.
Aug 8, 2010
490 posts
538 upvotes
RaphaelG041 wrote: I think everyone is just repeating this non-sense monkey see monkey do.

I'm with you
We have Samsung appliances from Costco. Our fridge is the oldest and is almost 10 years old now.
We've had no issues with ours.

Infact, the Samsung dishwasher we have now replaced the Bosch that lasted less than 3 years. It was junk.

Maybe we are the lucky ones? *Shrug*
Mar 11, 2019
683 posts
705 upvotes
We bought a scratch and dent Samsung front load washer at least 12 years ago for a song and I used to be a mechanic. My wife washed my coveralls daily that were covered with dirt and grease. The machine still works perfect. Never done a thing to it. I should also mention my wife has a habit of overloading the washer. She stuffs huge amounts of blankets and quilts in it. She has no clue God bless her heart. But the old Samsung just takes the abuse. Cannot say as much for the dryers. First one I took apart and nothing was salvageable due to severe overloading. We bought a dented Frigidare I think it us and it's been apart twice already for repairs. Once not our fault as a mouse built a nest in the air intake and it overheated the element.
Last edited by ATOMANTMAN on Oct 3rd, 2022 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 18, 2011
452 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto
BTW, which one you bought?
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
2187 posts
2730 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Snake13 wrote: Bosch is good if you buy the 300 series or better (300,500,800 or the Benchmark) with the 500 series being best bang for buck I personally think. Buy direct from Bosch via Perkopolis for the best deal (especially when they do a sale).

As for Samsung, they are the worst. The ice makers in their fridge will most likely fail and Samsung has no idea why. Stay away. You’ve been warned.
All the Bosch ones are made in China. Definitely not worth the money in terms of quality, repairability or price. There other appliances are more worth it, but they are questionable at fridges.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1677 posts
4932 upvotes
Montreal
Recalled this video from an appliance repairman, nope'd to samsungs.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3668 posts
3757 upvotes
Thx RFD community. I knew Samsung appliances have mixed reviews but didn’t realize it’s THIS bad Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Jun 8, 2019
529 posts
621 upvotes
Have a Samsung fridge for 18 years now. No problems so far.
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2632 posts
1627 upvotes
Markham
invinci wrote: Like many have posted, avoid Samsung. There's even a lawsuit in the US and I'm not sure why there's nothing for Canada. Main problems are the ice maker and then ice buildup and flooding the crisp tray area.
I have that exact problem right now.. after 9 years though
Apr 3, 2007
887 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
For those that have had Samsung appliances for a very long time....did they have built in ice makers in the door area?

This has been the issue with most Samsung refrigerators. There is an actual design flaw that has never been fixed....Samsung knows it as they have band aid repair solutions that fail in the end.

If you have a Samsung fridge with a broken ice maker and doesn't cool your fridge you can send it back for a refund direct from Samsung. I did this and got 1750 back.

Ended up buying a LG fridge with no door ice maker / water dispenser and it works great!
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2773 posts
3360 upvotes
Both my Fridgidaire fridges are still going strong. 1 that came with the new build house in 2009. Bought another, a french door model in 2011 from the Sears outlet for $900 I think.

I do fear that one day, 1 of the 2 might break down soon because of their age.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1918 posts
817 upvotes
Calgary
Literally the worst
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2012
1024 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto

Come back in 5 years and talk about the Samsung fridge, let's see.
Oct 28, 2012
147 posts
223 upvotes
VICTORIA
Bigboy16 wrote: All the Bosch ones are made in China. Definitely not worth the money in terms of quality, repairability or price. There other appliances are more worth it, but they are questionable at fridges.
Not true. Parts may be made in China but they’re assembled and tested in North Carolina and Tennessee. I’ve read some of the high end models are still made in Germany, though that may be product dependent. Still designed in German though.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5308 posts
4310 upvotes
gbill2004 wrote: I was just coming here to say exactly this.
Me too.

The water dispenser button on my Samsung fridge was made of thin, narrow, brittle piece of plastic which was engineered to fail.

Same with my Samsung TV where the capacitors were engineered to blow after warranty expires.

Also already replaced my Samsung range where the heating element is always on max even when I set it to min.
Images
  • IMG_20221003_210556.jpg
May 28, 2007
344 posts
316 upvotes
CALGARY
It doesn't matter what brand, you need to research the specific model you plan to buy. Every consumer brand has lemon models.
Oct 28, 2012
147 posts
223 upvotes
VICTORIA

That’s what I thought too until mine stopped working one day (was just over 5 years old). Then Samsung sent a repair out and then they offered for me to pay a repair company after the “fix” they implemented made the problem worse.

A lot of wasted hours on phone and email before I ended up getting a resolution on that. But needless to say my next fridge was not a Samsung.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)