Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Samsung 36" Refrigerator $1999.97 (8900909)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2021 7:06 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
10849 posts
83028 upvotes
Ontario

[Costco] Samsung 36" Refrigerator $1999.97 (8900909)

IMG_3887.JPG
IMG_3888.JPG
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
234 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1866 posts
2263 upvotes
Do not buy Samsung. Full stop. Period. End of story.
Mar 6, 2006
752 posts
579 upvotes
GTA
simplypop wrote: Do not buy Samsung. Full stop. Period. End of story.
what do you recommend?
I have problems with one of the 2 my Samsungs but other brands have issues as well
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
2285 posts
111 upvotes
Samsung has been disastrous
I’ve actually like our Frigidaire and whirlpool
They have been great
Jun 14, 2011
619 posts
585 upvotes
Toronto
KitchenAid has been pretty good.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1152 posts
348 upvotes
I have this fridge minus the screen

It’s been excellent, however ice box is defective after 1 year. I had to go through a lot of hassle but did get covered after my initial year warranty.

The four door flex is awesome

Not sure where this deal is. Online is not showing . Which store OP?
"A festivus for the rest of us"

Items for Sale:
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2953 posts
1274 upvotes
Mississauga
You can parts for GE, Whirpool, Fridgaire at Amre supply.. no way you can find parts for anything Samsung/LG
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5872 posts
267 upvotes
GTA
KitchenAid for 16+ years and just replaced the ice maker for $65 USD (thank you YouTube) and whirlpool for 6+ years no problem.
Looks like my RFD account was recently hacked. I do not sell anything on RFD especially GC's.
Aug 8, 2010
439 posts
397 upvotes
We have Samsung dishwasher, microwave, stove & fridge all bought from Costco at different times.

No issues at all with any of them.

Had a Bosch dishwasher that was terrible. Had to be serviced 3 times before we pulled the plug
Oct 2, 2016
534 posts
213 upvotes
LG fridge has compressor problem. Tends to break in 3-4 years. Samsung fridge has icemaker problem. Tends to break in 1 year. My research tells me GE seems to be producing most reliable fridges, primarily because it is owned by Haier right now, and their strategy to maintain its status in North America is to build quality products. Unlike Samsung or LG, which focus on styling and branding.
Apr 13, 2010
251 posts
450 upvotes
Our ten year old Samsung refrigerator works great, except that every six months, it stops refrigerating because the blower has iced over. There are defrosting coils in there and everything, but they don't prevent this ice buildup, because they're too far away from the blower.

I ended up working around the problem by putting the fridge into force defrost mode to warm the surrounding air up a bit, enabling demo mode for a few hours to allow the ice to melt, enabling force defrost again at the end for good measure, and disabling the demo mode.

The fridge doesn't give you any way to tell if demo mode is on or not, and the magic shortcut to turn it on is a toggle, so more than once, I've accidentally left the fridge in demo mode overnight and come back in the morning to find it approaching room temperature.

Should you buy anything made by Samsung? Probably not, I'd say.
Nov 17, 2018
85 posts
129 upvotes
dling7 wrote: I have this fridge minus the screen

It’s been excellent, however ice box is defective after 1 year. I had to go through a lot of hassle but did get covered after my initial year warranty.

Agreed on both accounts. Excellent fridge. Ice box jammed after about a year. Got it fixed and found out that like most things it just need routine maintenance. So every once in a while we pop it open and scrape the frost. Keeps it running with no issues.

Love the flex fridge. Perfect for our toddler too. They feel like they get their own fridge.
Jan 9, 2013
132 posts
313 upvotes
White City
+1 for RFD on the fridge display
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
10352 posts
3707 upvotes
TLSRULZ wrote: You can parts for GE, Whirpool, Fridgaire at Amre supply.. no way you can find parts for anything Samsung/LG
And what about Bosch? I have their dishwasher and fridge on order. After 15 years of kitchen aid. Fridge is leaking at water filter and dishwasher leaked once. Can't take chances on leaking 15 year appliances. Would have gone again with KA but Bosch prices through Perkpolis can't be beat.
May 22, 2021
100 posts
29 upvotes
dling7 wrote: I have this fridge minus the screen

Apparently ice boxes in fridges never work and inevitably break over time.
Dec 4, 2017
360 posts
435 upvotes
Whitby
So... In case I hate Samsung but want to give it a try... Where can I find this price?
Jan 15, 2016
86 posts
8 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Ever since Sears closed, where do you even buy Kitchenaid? I loved their products but now parts are having to be sourced from the US for the most part. I’ve heard horror stories about Samsung. My fridge is a really old Amana that is still going, probably 25 yrs old. It’s due for replacement, but I dread purchasing these days just due to the lack of quality in products
Last edited by Scruffythecat on Aug 10th, 2021 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1212 posts
864 upvotes
Nanaimo
We’ve had a Samsung French door for 6 years now. The ice machine died after 3 years and we had it replaced under extended warranty. We have family with a kitchen aid that have had major problems with them, including leaking and ruining their hardwood floor.

We have an LG dishwasher that has been repaired 4 times.

Family has an expensive Electrolux induction stove that has died edit: after one year. We had a Samsung stove that kept not lighting and street 5 years of arguing with geek squad and Samsung they finally refunded us. We now have a GE profile double oven gas stove. 5 year warranty. Hope it lasts.

I think it doesn’t matter what brand, just make sure to get an extended warranty. Also GE parts are available in the US, which is normally a good thing except during the pandemic their manufacturing was shut down, but the Korean stuff was more widely available. Ironic.
Last edited by S0lidus on Aug 9th, 2021 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.