Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Samsung 36" Refrigerator $1999.97 (8900909)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2022 7:25 pm
Dec 12, 2013
324 posts
169 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Seoulkid wrote: For anyone trying to fix their problem on their own.....you should contact Samsung. Especially if this is a ice maker issue. You will (after a bit of hassling and fight back) get free repairs for life!

However you try and fix it and they see any warping in the ice maker it will be deemed out of warranty.

Follow my steps in my previous posts! Get a refund eventually! So worth it!
Hey. I gave them a call on Friday and had the first customer service person transfer me to the "highest department", the customer relations department... They said they can't do anything because I'm not the first owner (I mentioned I just bought the home a month ago, maybe that was a mistake....)

It sounds like they were willing to give an exception but becayre I'm not the first owner, they said they literally can't do anything because I'm not the first owner.

I'm calling BS. Should I call back and try again? I have the piece, I wonder if I should just repair it myself at this point.

I've been using samsung phones since I was 16 years old... This puts a sour taste in my mouth and I don't feel like purchasing anything Samsung.

Thanks for the help.
Nov 6, 2005
140 posts
21 upvotes
You probably want to clean the coils and dripping tubes in the back as well. My dripping tubes were clogged. After cleaning and clip fix, water pooling issue went away.
dvdvideo wrote: Anyone actually fix the water buildup/icing issue? I took mine apart , put in the official "fix" clip, let it all melt, still does the same thing.......
Oct 28, 2012
119 posts
174 upvotes
VICTORIA
lamboman wrote: So you’re saying to avoid Samsung because of a single cause? I mean you can always by a ice tray and make manual ice.
The same issue causes ice build up within the fans / cooking components behind the rear fridge wall as well. When the appliance guy took the back wall off my fridge, it was so iced up that none of the fans were able to turn and there was no air flow. Surprised the fridge was still keeping things cold.

The biggest point is that it’s a long standing issue, Samsung has no idea why it is happening, yet there is a lawsuit to try and get Samsung to admit there is an actual problem. They’re still selling the same design knowing most fridges won’t last long below the warranty.

It’s a lot about business practices, reliability, and standing behind your product. Samsung does none of that.

Plus, your ice maker breaks, you have a substantial amount of wasted space in the fridge (for ice maker) and now you’ve lost room in freezer to put an ice tray in and make ice.
Nov 30, 2015
560 posts
645 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
skyrink wrote: summary of thread:

1. Avoid Samsung appliances
2. Avoid LG appliances
3. Avoid buying fridges with ice makers
I would say number 3 would be more like avoid buying fridges with door ice dispensers. I've never had a problem with the icemakers that are actually located inside the freezer. My GE went for ages without even a single jam up. This Samsung I have now with the door dispenser is garbage. I can keep it from clogging up by turning the icemaker part off when the reservoir is full and then putting it on when I'm getting low.
Apr 3, 2007
811 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
ThatGuy1121 wrote: Hey. I gave them a call on Friday and had the first customer service person transfer me to the "highest department", the customer relations department... They said they can't do anything because I'm not the first owner (I mentioned I just bought the home a month ago, maybe that was a mistake....)

It sounds like they were willing to give an exception but becayre I'm not the first owner, they said they literally can't do anything because I'm not the first owner.

I'm calling BS. Should I call back and try again? I have the piece, I wonder if I should just repair it myself at this point.

I've been using samsung phones since I was 16 years old... This puts a sour taste in my mouth and I don't feel like purchasing anything Samsung.

Thanks for the help.

If it came with the house it is purchased with the house. I would really suggest posting that into the Facebook group but I believe you are still entitled to a refund. Shouldn't matter who's the owner....a defect is a defect.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2020
1599 posts
2773 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
It's a Korean product, as long as it doesn't catch on fire or explode it's within tolerance. That's true for their appliances, phones, and cars.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1253 posts
463 upvotes
Winnipeg
Phil and Sil wrote: We need a fridge and would prefer to buy from Costco for warranty purposes. Looking for suggestions, this comment may get buried and ignored but worth a shot.
Get a Bank National Canada (BNC) Platinum Mastercard. It has a $89 annual fee but it has a triple warranty feature as in 1 year becomes 3 years. Use the card when buying 'Energy Efficient ' appliances... they ARE energy efficient they just don't last long...so they end up in the dump way earlier than the old models ... which kinda negates the energy savings.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1253 posts
463 upvotes
Winnipeg
ThatGuy1121 wrote: Hey. I mentioned earlier my drain pipe is frozen. I bought a new drain clip today as seen on YouTube. I need to defrost the drain but I don't have a second fridge, nor one of those steamers. Would slowly pouring hot water down the drain pipe work? If not, anywhere where I could rent a steamer?

Thanks.
A Turkey baster filled with hot water may do the trick...
Dec 26, 2006
353 posts
358 upvotes
lamboman wrote: So you’re saying to avoid Samsung because of a single cause? I mean you can always by a ice tray and make manual ice.

I have no idea what you're talking about. The single cause I've experienced is a big one - the condensation building up behind the plastic panel, affecting the fan and water drainage. This is in addition to others pointing out the other flaws. I didn't talk anywhere about and ice tray - not sure what you're reading there.
Dec 22, 2010
567 posts
480 upvotes
Ontario
skyrink wrote: summary of thread:

1. Avoid Samsung appliances
2. Avoid LG appliances
3. Avoid buying fridges with ice makers
Well, if that's what you are getting it from here, then it's your loss and that's what I exactly experienced with Samsung SSDs. Some people were profusely replying to every single Samsung SSD deal saying, Don't buy. there's a serious warranty issue with Samsung SSDs. Because of that, I've avoided buying Samsung SSDs for a while. When there was a good deal at staples, I deceided to check with staples and Bestbuy. They said there wouldn't be any problems with the warranty if I buy any samsung ssds from staples and bestbuy. They also said, those people who had problems probably bought it from 3rd party sellers. That's exactly what they said. One thing is sure that these people are going at it continuously in order to cover up their mistakes.
Feb 27, 2011
1 posts
What about German, My last fridge was a leibherr,(Austrian built I think)
It performed well for the first 15 years and then started falling apart the last two years. My previous fridge was a old KitchenAid which was solid as a rock that was early 1990s model. My current fridge is a Miele, I bought it on their 10 year warranty promotion so I don’t have to worry about anything because it is in-home parts and labor, mind you I’m getting older so I prefer to pay a little bit more money for peace of mind. Also you you’re paying full price but if you like peace of mind and you can afford it this is a pretty solid fridge it keeps food very cold consistently and extremely quiet you can’t even tell it’s running. I bought the basic model with no icemaker. I did a lot of research on appliances ,these days are built very cheaply they are not built to last, unfortunately appliances are also one of the most used items in the house. I would call the local repair shops for appliances and asked for their opinion on which fridges last the longest with the least amount of repairs. I’ve done this a couple of times and it sure has helped narrow the gap. Good luck everyone.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2003
1203 posts
656 upvotes
Toronto
I get the complaints with samsung fridges - but doesn't costo 'warranty' offset?
Oct 7, 2007
333 posts
119 upvotes
Rider Nation
Lord Denning wrote: I get the complaints with samsung fridges - but doesn't costo 'warranty' offset?
I wondered the same
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4876 posts
4557 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Lord Denning wrote: I get the complaints with samsung fridges - but doesn't costo 'warranty' offset?
gowings wrote: I wondered the same
Why even try jumping through the hoops?
I need ammunition, not a ride.

©Zelensky 2022
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1468 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
I hope that appliances last more than 10 years, not just 2 years...and/or giving constant problems that will interrupt the normal flow of your quality of life trying to correct things. So I would not think it offsets at all based from the overwhelming amount of negative reviews.
Nov 28, 2007
93 posts
8 upvotes
London
Samsung TVs are a broad range from "meh" to excellent. You can't judge a company based on individual product lines. The Samsung manufacturing line working on fridges has nothing to do with their TVs and computer monitors.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)