Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Samsung 36" Refrigerator $1999.97 (8900909)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2021 7:06 am
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4546 posts
4126 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Samsung make the worst appliances, just awful.
Good luck if you do!
We had no end of issues with fridge, dryer and dishwasher in our last house.
Fake, inflated, paid and other forms of scammy news and reviews run rampant. A world drenched in online deceit, spiraling into oblivion.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5308 posts
1192 upvotes
Montreal
Costco.ca Only = sold exclusively online but may not have inventory there. The store is just a showroom.

There is absolutely no point in calling stores for stock.
Last edited by cn_habs on Aug 10th, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1201 posts
486 upvotes
Toronto
Everyone keeps pointing me to LG for a fridge.... not many deals to be had out there.

Thanks for sharing OP
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Apr 22, 2010
161 posts
91 upvotes
I'll add to the Samsung fridge stories - 3 co-workers will not be buying samsung fridges again. Icemaker issues, 1 with a complete fridge failure. Bad warranty experiences. 1 had floor damage from the icemaker going crazy while they were on vacation. 1 continued using the fridge after disabling the icemaker without issue.

If you want more, go check out the consumer reports reliability ratings for french door samsungs.

Samsung appliances usually look nice though.
Aug 7, 2018
79 posts
40 upvotes
Just my 2 cents about Samsung fridges (and other appliances). I'v had 2, 1 I bought.
The first fridge was bought in 206. In the 4 years we had it we had nothing but problems. It was mainly with ice sheets forming on the bottom of the fridge. I had to defrost the fridge once a month to remove frost from the heat exchanger and ice in the fridge. The ice maker was pathetic. It basically made little ice/snow balls that melted fast in a drink. I replaced most every component in the heat exchanger area more than once. I finally solved the issue by wrapping copper ground wire from 14/2 electical wire around the bottom of the heat exchanger and into the drain tube, which was too small, iced up and then the water would run into the fridge and freeze on the bottom.
Second fridge - came with the new house, $4500 4-door (center drawer that pulled out) Samsung. Same issue with frost building on the heat exchanger and really poor ice/snow balls. Problems got worse at about 2 years when the ice maker stopped. Luckily I had a warranty from the original owner. We replaced the ice maker 4 times, parts on the heat exchanger 4x and the CPU 4x. The repairman told us that CPU + ice maker = ~$1200 in repairs. When we finally got rid of it the fridge was cycling between 11°C and -7°C, We had to turn it off and on and force defrost for well over a month as we waited for W3 (warranty) to get someone to repair. They never did, so we bought a Frigidaire, which makes great ice (2nd maker in the freezer). So far so good. It was incredibly cathartic for us to watch the delivery guys take that POS and roughouse it into the truck and onwards to Samsungs Warehouse.
We had an expensive Samsung laundry pair in our last home that had to have the CPU on the washer changed 2x (5 years old) as did my son.
I won't buy Samsung anything at this point. When you go through as many repair forums as I did you get a feel for just how poor the reliability is for this brand.
Just don't!
Nov 10, 2005
376 posts
235 upvotes
I wouldn't buy an appliance made by an electronics manufacturer (ie. Samsung, LG, etc), but I wouldn't judge a fridge's reputation on the longevity of the icemaker.
From my experience and everyone I know, as well as many other consumers - icemakers seem to have high rates of failure in fridges in general, regardless of the manufacturer - it's not isolated to just electronics companies like Samsung and LG.
It's one of the reasons I avoided an icemaker in my current fridge.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
4141 posts
367 upvotes
Samsung appliances should be priced at a discount to scrap metal weight.

I think there are enough stories here but my parents washer/dryer had major issues right off the bat, they were replaced with new units because they were defective pretty much immediately. The replacement had a catastrophic failure which was a bit of a disaster to have fixed. Yes - different appliance altogether but disaster of a company to deal with.
May 24, 2009
61 posts
107 upvotes
Fonthill
I have a 5 year old Samsung Fridge...icemaker has to be thawed out every month. The back of the fridge used to ice over the coils and then the whole thing would start to get warm. After a lot of searching found a guy who wrapped the coils in tin foil to "insulate" them, so I did the same. Takes alot of time but we seemed to have solved the warm fridge/iced coils issue.
Jun 10, 2011
149 posts
51 upvotes
KIRKLAND
This is a super hot deal if you are looking for frig.

My Kitchen Aid frig had the control board about ($500 with install) die after 5 years. Thanks to You Tube Iearned how to replace the compressor cooling fan and the water relay.

Samsung washer and dryer it has been 7 years without problem. My fault with the washer was the water seal on the front load washer. Pulling wet clothes' out of the washing machine. The warranty died with Sears Canada.

Presently waiting for Black Friday to replace my 11 year old Bosch dishwasher. Most likely with another Bosch. Has a very slow leak that needs to be service.

Machines were made to serve you... . Companies make their money on the after sales support and plan obsolesces is part of the marketing strategy
May 17, 2016
17 posts
26 upvotes
Do you want to blow dry a chunk of ice from your ice maker every 6-8 weeks? Buy a Samsung fridge. I haven’t electrocuted myself yet, so that’s a win.

How about a dishwasher that needs the control board, pump and vent replaced after ~6 months (on warranty)? Samsung.

A TV that comes out of the box with a damaged screen? Yep, Samsung.
Jan 9, 2018
390 posts
417 upvotes
I have this refrigerator for about 2 years now , love it , kids love the screen
Jun 14, 2010
241 posts
63 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Tough to say, was shopping for a new fridge and seems like they all have their problems lol. If there is extended warranty with Costco for fridges then definitely get it for the peace of mind.
It would seem that way, wife just went to check out the Frigidaire Gallery at home Depot, probably comes out to 3k with the warranty. Talk about sticker shock.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
2263 posts
1768 upvotes
GTA West
dling7 wrote: I have this fridge minus the screen

It’s been excellent, however ice box is defective after 1 year. I had to go through a lot of hassle but did get covered after my initial year warranty.

The four door flex is awesome

Not sure where this deal is. Online is not showing . Which store OP?
As you say, the icemaker is the weak link in Samsung French door fridges. The cubes tend to melt because the bucket is in the fridge and not well-insulated, not in the freezer. Especially if someone leaves the door open for a while! Then when the melted ice freezes up again, you have a jam. I find you have to run the icemaker often so that the cubes don't freeze together. And once in a while, pull the bucket to clean it.

We have had our Samsung fridge for 4 years and had one warranty repair on a fan unit. I have to be careful when there is a power bump - sometimes I need to power cycle the fridge to restart it. We still have our 20 year old GE fridge in the basement as a backup - it has NEVER failed and always resumes cooling after a power hit. Pretty bad when you need to have a standby fridge . .
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2196 posts
1046 upvotes
Ontario
zhaobinis1 wrote: LG fridge has compressor problem. Tends to break in 3-4 years. Samsung fridge has icemaker problem. Tends to break in 1 year. My research tells me GE seems to be producing most reliable fridges, primarily because it is owned by Haier right now, and their strategy to maintain its status in North America is to build quality products. Unlike Samsung or LG, which focus on styling and branding.
LG has 10 year warranty on their Inverter Linear compressors (parts only), they had problems with their older models which resulted in a class action suit in the States, it was settled just last year. Last year my 5 years old LG fridge broke down and required a new compressor, LG replaced it free of charge (labor and parts). I will buy another LG in a heartbeat.
Currently happy customer with Telus and Freedom Mobile
Jun 14, 2012
64 posts
60 upvotes
ORILLIA
MrMello wrote: So... In case I hate Samsung but want to give it a try... Where can I find this price?
Buy the extended warranty offered through Costco. It will be worth it on this appliance.
Jan 9, 2018
390 posts
417 upvotes
Where on Costco.ca i can find this deal? Still showing as 4000+
Jan 9, 2018
390 posts
417 upvotes
Where on Costco.ca i can find this deal? Still showing as 4000+
Sep 15, 2018
233 posts
149 upvotes
Ottawa
Mmagic888 wrote: I’ve had our GE Profile French door fridge for around 13 years. The following were parts I’ve had to replace so far:

9th year: water dispenser solenoid ($55 part)
11th year: evap fan ($80 part)
13th year: drawer slider rail ($40 part)
13th year: ripped door rubber seals ($75 part)

I’m also aware that the ice makers are prone to failure so we don’t leave it on consistently, we turn it off after the ice tray is full then turn back on when it’s near empty.

All replaced the parts myself by just googling and figuring out the failing part.
where did you get the parts for GE Profile fridge?
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1241 posts
554 upvotes
Friends don't let friends buy Samsung appliances.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1708 posts
485 upvotes
Ottawa
My experience with Samsung.

Not reliable product and bad warranty.