Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Samsung 36" Refrigerator $1999.97 (8900909)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2022 7:25 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4858 posts
4522 upvotes
No Bum Deals
testmann wrote: Don't take any feedback on any products or brands from RFD seriously especially on this Hot Deal. There some good reliable feedback, but many of them are just to put down the products and brands in order to put up the sales on others. The reviews here in Hot Deal are the same as Amazon reviews. It started with Slicksdeals, and Slickdeals is infested with fake reviews from you-know-where.
wut?

If a company is negged on RFD you can pretty much take it as a good indicator.

Exhibit A: Two fridge threads currently alive here in Hot Deals, 1x Samsung and 1x LG.
Just check out the votes.
You think both the neg votes for Samsung are fake?
Would that make the pro votes for LG fake too?
I need ammunition, not a ride.

©Zelensky 2022
Nov 24, 2019
72 posts
168 upvotes
Seoulkid wrote: For those that currently have a Samsung that is failing. Particularly with the ice machines....you can ask for a refund...mine is a 2017 and I received my refund this year.

Stay away from Samsung and if you need assistance or advice on the refund side I can assist you with that.
Hey Seoulkid, do you have a particular form or contact for this? I don't have the fridge anymore, but I do have the receipt...hoping I can still get a refund.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2006
1102 posts
689 upvotes
Edmonton
Scruffythecat wrote: Ever since Sears closed, where do you even buy Kitchenaid? I loved their products but now parts are having to be sourced from the US for the most part. I’ve heard horror stories about Samsung. My fridge is a really old Amana that is still going, probably 25 yrs old. It’s due for replacement, but I dread purchasing these days just due to the lack of quality in products
We bought KA from Trail Appliances.

https://www.trailappliances.com/
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
1734 posts
1225 upvotes
Vancouver
Just here to add that Samsung Fridges have multitude of problems. I have had to manually defrost the one in my house, thrice now. And have had to remove condensation turned into ice from the IceMaker on a weekly basis.

They were even part of a class action recently
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
Nov 29, 2003
372 posts
123 upvotes
North York
I have a French door Samsung as well - fine for 5 years and now I’m manual defrosting every 4-6 months. There are a lot of YouTube videos showing how to maintain and improve but I wouldn’t recommend a Samsung fridge to anyone that isn’t handy.
Nov 26, 2018
193 posts
176 upvotes
Calgary
Found this helpful instructional video on how to fix the ice maker on these fridges

Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3355 posts
3405 upvotes
Montreal, QC
lamboman wrote: We bought ALL Samsung as well, no issue. But then again we did not hook up water/ice line to the fridge yet so I can't comment on the ICE maker.

And yes, I am a Samsung fanboy lol I feel they innovate technology! My Fridge, stove, washer/dryer, dishwasher, and TV are all on Samsung Smart Things so they all communicate to each other.
Cool.. All connected, so when you connect the ice maker and it freezes, it can send a signal to the stove to crank up the heat or to the dishwasher to generate some steam.

BTW: Just kidding :)

I really can't stand all these "connected" devices. I usually try to avoid them, but that is a personal choice.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4858 posts
4522 upvotes
No Bum Deals
I owned and loved a pro calibrated Samsung F8500 Plasma TV some years back.
JUST after warranty expired, the screen developed some vertical lines.

EVERYTHING Samsung I have had the misfortune to buy or inherit has failed prematurely with either extortionate repair paths or death.

Awful, awful awful.
Last edited by pooper on Aug 10th, 2021 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

©Zelensky 2022
Apr 3, 2007
809 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
Bulletproof35 wrote: Hey Seoulkid, do you have a particular form or contact for this? I don't have the fridge anymore, but I do have the receipt...hoping I can still get a refund.

Thanks!
Unfortunately at this point for you a refund isn't in the cards.

They took away my fridge for me to be eligible for the refund.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
4858 posts
4522 upvotes
No Bum Deals
SAMthingwrongSung

©Zelensky 2022
Nov 24, 2019
72 posts
168 upvotes
Seoulkid wrote: Unfortunately at this point for you a refund isn't in the cards.

They took away my fridge for me to be eligible for the refund.
I'll hold out for the class action
Apr 3, 2007
809 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
Lostx403 wrote: Found this helpful instructional video on how to fix the ice maker on these fridges

This is not a fix. This is something to prolong the life of the eventual inevitable with these fridges. Unfortunately any ice maker from Samsung prior to 2020 is manufactured with a design defect. Nothing will help to fix the problem because of this reason.

There is many documented cases of this as well. Samsung knows about this as well but they are continuing to sell these machines..
Nov 6, 2005
140 posts
21 upvotes
Second that! Had to replace the heater clip myself (thanks to Youtube!). They know the bad design, but they never corrected it and keep selling it. Would not touch Samsung with eight feet pole!
chamyangary wrote: Friends don't let friends buy Samsung fridge!
Mar 17, 2017
210 posts
80 upvotes
Seoulkid wrote: For those that currently have a Samsung that is failing. Particularly with the ice machines....you can ask for a refund...mine is a 2017 and I received my refund this year.

Stay away from Samsung and if you need assistance or advice on the refund side I can assist you with that.
I have a samsung - with the fan making a lot of noise every few months & needing to be defrosted. Super PITA

How can i go about getting the refund you mentioned?
Nov 26, 2018
193 posts
176 upvotes
Calgary
Seoulkid wrote: This is not a fix. This is something to prolong the life of the eventual inevitable with these fridges. Unfortunately any ice maker from Samsung prior to 2020 is manufactured with a design defect. Nothing will help to fix the problem because of this reason.

There is many documented cases of this as well. Samsung knows about this as well but they are continuing to sell these machines..
I'm gunna guess you didn't watch the vid lol, there's no prolonging life taking place Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21160 posts
4132 upvotes
YUL
I had a counter depth french door Samsung fridge that I paid almost $2k for a few years back. It was horrible. The area under the crisper trays would always be iced up. I had to manually break the ice with a hammer every few weeks. I would never buy another Samsung fridge after that experience.
Jul 2, 2006
72 posts
34 upvotes
Ottawa
The debate about whether to buy this Samsung fridge seems irrelevant now, as it is no longer available on Costco.ca. Other Canadian retailers either list it as "discontinued" (Rona, Badboy, CanadianAppliance) or at a price between $4199 (Lowe's) to $5998. And no way I would pay that much for a Samsung fridge!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3915 posts
2140 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Emporium wrote: Cool.. All connected, so when you connect the ice maker and it freezes, it can send a signal to the stove to crank up the heat or to the dishwasher to generate some steam.

BTW: Just kidding :)

I really can't stand all these "connected" devices. I usually try to avoid them, but that is a personal choice.
LOL, It's the convenience of knowing that your fridge door is closed and not letting the energy leak out. It's the added convenience of knowing your oven and stove (mine is a gas stove) are OFF when I am not home. Also, I set a schedule for the washer and dryer to only run during nights to save electricity. Oh, and all of this is controlled/monitored from my Samsung Note 10+ smartphone. And to this date, not one issue so far..
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Mar 10, 2007
890 posts
369 upvotes
On my 3rd Samsung fridge. So far no issues.

I would stay away from Samsung washer dryer for sure.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)