Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Samsung 36" Refrigerator $1999.97 (8900909)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2021 7:06 am
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49865 posts
6188 upvotes
Toronto
testmann wrote: Don't take any feedback on any products or brands from RFD seriously especially on this Hot Deal. There some good reliable feedback, but many of them are just to put down the products and brands in order to put up the sales on others. The reviews here in Hot Deal are the same as Amazon reviews. It started with Slicksdeals, and Slickdeals is infested with fake reviews from you-know-where.
You own Samsung shares or something!?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1730 posts
315 upvotes
Winnipeg
Lostx403 wrote: This thread inspired me to run the never ending forced defrost mode on my Samsung fridges ice maker, what a piece of shit. Came with the house, and we hate this thing.

Don't buy Samsung appliances.

Also not sure why they thought it was a good idea to have continuous beeping while running defrost.
Just had to pull the back off and use the hair dryer to thaw the fridge. Moved the evaporator sensor a few years ago and did the forced defrost periodically and was ok until now. gave up keeping the maker from freezing up.

Samsung=Crap. They should be embarrassed to keep selling known defective fridges!!
Feb 18, 2008
625 posts
1303 upvotes
I have a Samsung that I'm in love with. Bought it December 2010. RFG293HARS for 1500$

Haven't had a problem until now, it has a gas leak :(
Looking for a new one and I'm so disappointed by the others!

My Samsung fridge has twin cooling, my vegetables really stay fresher longer.

American fridge feels so cheaply made! Drawer doesn't slide well they slide plastic on plastic!!! My cool pantry drawer has bearing slides! I'm really disappointed by the shelf and drawers quality of the other fridges.

I want the same interior quality that I have right now. Don't want any bells and whistles ( wifi, screen, water dispenser) they are just more worries and risks to broke.
I lost the ability to remember things when I lost the right to a full night's sleep.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1114 posts
545 upvotes
Seoulkid wrote: Unfortunately at this point for you a refund isn't in the cards.

They took away my fridge for me to be eligible for the refund.
I still have my fridge and receipt. How can I get a refund?
May 20, 2005
31 posts
11 upvotes
YVR
+1 is available at Brighton location in Burnaby. I just returned it, as it's to big for my enclosure. Minor dents/open box item.
Aug 3, 2007
568 posts
282 upvotes
We purchased a new home that did not include appliances and we bought all new gorgeous Samsung appliances - French Door Fridge with second drawer / Dishwasher with third rack / Stove with Convection / Over the Stove Microwave.

The dishwasher was the worst and was fixed twice and then fully replaced twice in the first year before we demanded to pick out a different brand (got a Bosch zero problems).

The stove was useable but the oven didn't heat very well and the speed boil element turned on and off constantly so it was useless. We replaced it with with a GE Cafe - zero problems and what a difference!

The microwave was okay but the door broke and was repaired - after 5 years of using it only to warm things up it stopped working. We replaced it with a Whirlpool - zero problems.

The fridge was replaced once after a year and then worked okay for a couple of years although sometimes the vegetable area freezes up for no reason. Then like everyone else the ice stopped working, repaired it twice but it still doesn't work. We have not replaced it yet.

We will NEVER purchase another Samsung appliance again - products are garbage, customer service is crap and they could care less.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
17017 posts
15637 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Samsung is pure trash, especially when it comes to appliances. Never again!
Oct 2, 2016
511 posts
204 upvotes
Nev007 wrote: Didn't yours come with a 10 year warranty on compressor? I believe most of the fridges have them nowadays, luckily my LG one did.
10 year parts only. You still pay for labour which is as least 350 afaik
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2871 posts
1237 upvotes
Mississauga
I tried them. Even though they showed my part available.. after the order they canceled and said OOS and discontinued.
When Samsung and LG themselves could not get me a part for a 5-7 yr old appliance (which in the first place is way to early to breakdown) .. there is something wrong. And this was 2017-2019 pre-covid supply chain issues.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2871 posts
1237 upvotes
Mississauga
zhaobinis1 wrote: 10 year parts only. You still pay for labour which is as least 350 afaik
Warranty means nothing anymore when they put parts and models END OF LIFE after 5 years.
Oct 2, 2016
511 posts
204 upvotes
TLSRULZ wrote: Warranty means nothing anymore when they put parts and models END OF LIFE after 5 years.
Did they make un-interchangeable compressor every few years?
Oct 21, 2006
629 posts
120 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote: Samsung is pure trash, especially when it comes to appliances. Never again!
what about their washer/dryers?
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
17017 posts
15637 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Hood_Rep wrote: what about their washer/dryers?
Do not buy any Samsung appliances period.
Aug 1, 2009
125 posts
24 upvotes
I have big 3 door model 2011 from the Future Shop (remember them) with ice maker listed 2,899.99,
I got a refused delivery (small dent on freezer door) with transport packaging inside 1,100.00 tax in total.
Never set up ice maker I consider the cartridges a ripoff (cost/service interval). Brita from Costco is
cheaper.
Problems: Cheap hardware, paper thin 2 piece trays on doors break with time (dry out and can and not support weight)
expensive to replace; apparently service centers know about this and joke about it. Prices range from $65.00 locally to $110.00
each on Amazon.
For those with the ice on the bottom shelf: open the back at the bottom observe a 1 inch soft rubber pipe to the water tray,
remove clean and ream the nipple coming from the fridge body. Apparently mold builds here and blocks the water to the
tray, (be ready from a small torrent of water) what ever reason Samsung did not make a nipple with a bigger opening.
This blockage traps water up to overflow and freeze on top of the freezer section. Service people will try to pass off the problem
as your fault: food crumbs blocking the tapered nipple.
You may also clean out the layered dust on the heat exchanger so your fridge will last longer and use less power.
(I have friends with Sub Zeros who pay $400.00 for an annual cleaning. Which is generic filter change and air blow)

Mind you I have a problem free 40 year old 18 cu ft Fridgidare in the garage .
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1739 posts
2110 upvotes
Seoulkid wrote: This is not a fix. This is something to prolong the life of the eventual inevitable with these fridges. Unfortunately any ice maker from Samsung prior to 2020 is manufactured with a design defect. Nothing will help to fix the problem because of this reason.

There is many documented cases of this as well. Samsung knows about this as well but they are continuing to sell these machines..
Huh? Refund? How?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
9973 posts
2010 upvotes
Vancouver
Hood_Rep wrote: what about their washer/dryers?
I got 7/8 years out of my washer/dryer.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2361 posts
1753 upvotes
pooper wrote: If a company is negged on RFD you can pretty much take it as a good indicator.
Not really. RFD are filled with bitter folks who don't forget, complains about a $200 laptop they bought was "poorly made" and buys on impulse on items they don't need then deems the item to be useless.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2004
1040 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
i have samsung gas stove that when i turn on the broil it melts the control panel, ultimately not allowing me to turn it off.
i complained out of warranty. they replaced the control panel and i never used broil again.

I will likely never buy samsung appliances again.
i5 2500k - 24GB corsair vengeance - Gigabyte z68a - 500gig m5 - 1tb WD Black - 1070 ti - Coolermaster EVO 212 - 600w Seasonic

heat under sparco
Dec 15, 2018
2 posts
5 upvotes
I'm now defrosting my Samsung fridge, that was purchased in 2015, every three to four weeks. Procedure takes about half an hour each time. For those of you that have not had this happen yet, that bought their fridge with the twin cooling plus system, just wait. You'll start hearing the sound of the fan hitting the ever expanding iceberg in the back of the fridge. What angers me is that even though it's a known issue, they continued to sell their crap to unsuspecting customers for years. My buddy at work showed me a picture of his beautiful new kitchen and immediately my eyes went to his fridge as it was the exact same model as mine. My heart sank. On top of this issue, the plastic edges of my glass shelves are all cracked too. Lucky my ice maker is still working! If I can convince one person to not buy Samsung I'd be happy. Don't get me started on the 3 hours it took me to break down my Samsung induction range to re-solder a circuit board connection - another known issue! Samsung is all show and no go. No issues with my Bosch dishwasher or LG washer and dryer.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
17017 posts
15637 upvotes
Richmond Hill
slimysnot wrote: Not really. RFD are filled with bitter folks who don't forget, complains about a $200 laptop they bought was "poorly made" and buys on impulse on items they don't need then deems the item to be useless.
So you’re saying Samsung make good reliable products? Well more power to you. Enjoy wasting your money o their shit quality products. I’ve been burned twice and never again.