Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Samsung 40" 4K Model 40NU7100 $369.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2019 12:37 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: Actually that TCL is one of six the best TV as monitor 2019 on Rtings.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/ ... pc-monitor
Hisense, not TCL. Despite the potential relationship between brands, they're not the same.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2009
1107 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have uniformity issues with their TV? I notice the bottom of mine is a bit dimmer most noticeable on bright screens like white.
Images
  • 20190526_193931.jpg
Participant in:
Koodo Mobile - $25/month with 30GB LTE for 24 months (with $5 24 month credit).
Microsoft Price Error - ASUS TUF FX505DT-UB52
40" 4K Samsung TV Monitor User - DM to Ask me anything.
Dec 16, 2014
170 posts
82 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
If you are reading this comment before it's too late, you can git another $25 discount at bestbuy using their current coupon 13HRSONLY
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
manhal wrote: If you are reading this comment before it's too late, you can git another $25 discount at bestbuy using their current coupon 13HRSONLY
Tough call. You lose the cheap Costco 5 year warranty, which more than offsets the cost if you want the warranty.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Nov 22, 2005
77 posts
55 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
Just picked one up from Port Coquitlam location. There were like 6 units left on the shelf. By far the best deal if you want a smaller size 4k tv. Thanks OP
Dec 16, 2014
170 posts
82 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
redflagdealsguy wrote: Tough call. You lose the cheap Costco 5 year warranty, which more than offsets the cost if you want the warranty.
1. TV keeps going down and a new comes out every once a while. One more likely to want to replace the TV than have it repaired after a few years.
2. Costco requires you to be a member (and you have to pay for it) for the warranty period.
3. TVs from Samsung tend to work fine for the first few years anyway.
4. So, warranty for one year at best buy is good enough for me, 5 years at Costco for extra? No thanks!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
manhal wrote: 1. TV keeps going down and a new comes out every once a while. One more likely to want to replace the TV than have it repaired after a few years.
2. Costco requires you to be a member (and you have to pay for it) for the warranty period.
3. TVs from Samsung tend to work fine for the first few years anyway.
4. So, warranty for one year at best buy is good enough for me, 5 years at Costco for extra? No thanks!
Warranty is $29.99 for 5 years.

Standard warranty is 2 years with Costco Mastercard.

I want to say more but I believe I've made this case often enough.

Judgement call.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on May 26th, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 2, 2018
11 posts
No link has been posted so far. How do you price match at best buy without the costco link?
Jul 14, 2007
495 posts
534 upvotes
KhalS39267 wrote: No link has been posted so far. How do you price match at best buy without the costco link?
The price at Best Buy is $379.99 but you can get $25 off until tomorrow morning with code 13HRSONLY
Freedom Mobile user. FIZZ Mobile user.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10409 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
if this samsung dropped this much, imagine the off brands TCL!, hisense.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
May 21, 2018
1126 posts
1028 upvotes
Gotta pass. Looking for a proper 120hz tv
Don't forget to goo your attic!
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1315 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Would 40" be too big to be used as a monitor?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2184 posts
1415 upvotes
Sask
letmesee wrote: Would 40" be too big to be used as a monitor?
Depends what your use case is and how much desk space you have. If your desk isn't deep enough where you end up having to sit fairly close then yeah it probably is too big.
Mar 11, 2005
223 posts
40 upvotes
Using it as a 4K monitor exclusively. Took me a few days to get adjusted, got it last week. The key is to find the right spot after a lot of trial and error.. either the text will be too small (far back) vs. too much in your face (close up) .. but great once you get it right.

Also keep in mind you need a pretty beefy PC or recent Mac that will do 4K@60Hz over HDMI
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
Folks set your font size to 150% or 175% in display settings.

Others have hinted, there's an art to finding the sweet spot in terms of distance and font size.
Oct 2, 2018
11 posts
iencoder wrote:

Also keep in mind you need a pretty beefy PC or recent Mac that will do 4K@60Hz over HDMI
If I don't have a pretty beefy PC, but have a pretty beefy home theatre receiver instead, could I still get chrome 4:4:4 and 60hz using PC through the receiver?

Would the receiver make up for some of my PC's shortcomings or do I need to upgrade the PC's graphics card regardless?
Oct 25, 2001
978 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
secretalcoholic wrote: Not with the remote app on iPhone but your apple tv remote will turn it on and control tv volume.
Thanks. From what I found online there are very select cases where the volume buttons on your phone can control Apple TV/TV volume without the need for the physical ATV remote.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
6023 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
No way. If you liked 24" 1920x1080, then 48" 3840x2160 would have the same pixel density. So 40" is a bit of a shrink (higher density).

See my earlier comments. I lived with 39" 3840x2160 TV as descktop monitor for almost 4 years, switched to 32" recently, and am not as happy.

But each person's eyes are different and each person's usage is different.

PSA: I use glasses. Progressive lenses for normal use. I have and strongly recommend fixed-focus glasses for computer work. And the optimal focal length depends on your work posture (different from reading a book). Of course each person's vision is different.