Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Samsung closet-depth front load Washer & Dryer (with BC energy rebates)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2020 2:38 am
[OP]
Jan 3, 2008
260 posts
28 upvotes
Victoria

[Costco] Samsung closet-depth front load Washer & Dryer (with BC energy rebates)

Hey sports fans - go easy on me this is my first deal thread. My main motive for posting is to understand if this is a good deal or not, or invite discussion about anything better out there. We're trying to land closet depth machines before the BC Hydro rebates come to an end. I'd love any input!

Samsung WF45T6000AW/A5 closet-depth front load Washer
link: https://www.costco.ca/.product.8901008.html
$749.99
BC Hydro rebate: $100 (link)

Samsung DVE45T6005W/AC closet-depth front load Dryer
link: https://www.costco.ca/.product.8901005.html
$749.99
BC Hydro rebate: $50 (link)

After eco fees it comes to $1506.98 before tax. Then you get $150 back from the BC Hydro rebate (note - rebates are not applied at the point of sale... you get them afterwards).

Also this link to the "Super Friday" thread says if you buy 2 Samsung appliances you save $140, but I can't seem to get that deal to show up in my cart. Any idea how to qualify for that?

Thanks! Anything better out there, for smaller front loading machines?
30 replies
Jul 21, 2016
970 posts
2118 upvotes
Useless fact about the washer from this set: Delivery folk dropped mine in the stair. Took age to get a replacement LOL
Thanks OP, bought 25!
(Mod edit: You are awesome)
[OP]
Jan 3, 2008
260 posts
28 upvotes
Victoria
InvaIid wrote: Useless fact about the washer from this set: Delivery folk dropped mine in the stair. Took age to get a replacement LOL
haha wow - that sucks! how is the replacement working? any leaks or anything? you happy with it?
Oct 7, 2003
390 posts
127 upvotes
man i wouldnt even take a Samsung w/d if it was given to me for free
[OP]
Jan 3, 2008
260 posts
28 upvotes
Victoria
Sw0op wrote: man i wouldnt even take a Samsung w/d if it was given to me for free
oof - I've definitely heard bad things about some models. Hard to paint with a broad brand-wide brush with the way manufacturing takes place though these days.

Do you have any suggestions for better options?
Oct 7, 2003
390 posts
127 upvotes
kurt16 wrote: oof - I've definitely heard bad things about some models. Hard to paint with a broad brand-wide brush with the way manufacturing takes place though these days.

Do you have any suggestions for better options?
they're all bad but anyone other than Samsung for appliances really
[OP]
Jan 3, 2008
260 posts
28 upvotes
Victoria
Sw0op wrote: they're all bad but anyone other than Samsung for appliances really
haha I'm sorry they hurt you
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4030 posts
3454 upvotes
Richmond Hill
kurt16 wrote: haha I'm sorry they hurt you
Hurt me too.

I had a Samsung washer purchased late 2017 from Sears. It lasted just over two years before it broke down. Spent $300 getting a Samsung Authorized Tech to disassemble and investigate. The result was that it's probably the bearings and wasn't worth fixing.
[OP]
Jan 3, 2008
260 posts
28 upvotes
Victoria
rugerty100 wrote: Hurt me too.

I had a Samsung washer purchased late 2017 from Sears. It lasted just over two years before it broke down. Spent $300 getting a Samsung Authorized Tech to disassemble and investigate. The result was that it's probably the bearings and wasn't worth fixing.
thanks for the info - maybe I'll have to hunt around closer to Friday and see if I can find anything better out there from more reputable brands!
Oct 7, 2003
390 posts
127 upvotes
They didn’t hurt me. I did my research at the beginning and followed the nasty trails of bad reviews for only Samsung appliances
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4030 posts
3454 upvotes
Richmond Hill
kurt16 wrote: thanks for the info - maybe I'll have to hunt around closer to Friday and see if I can find anything better out there from more reputable brands!
I'm a fan of LG now with their One Price repair program. Had a leaky machine and they replaced the gasket, thermistor and motherboard for just over a hundred bucks.

Seems like Samsung over LG for phones, and LG over Samsung for appliances.
Feb 19, 2019
30 posts
12 upvotes
Agree with rugerty100. Have had LG washer and dryer bought from Costco that have been doing 8 loads a week for 5 years now. If anything goes wrong I know the flat-rate repair policy is there. Have heard only terrible things about Samsung appliances.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19100 posts
2042 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Lol @ hey sports fan.

Funny ****.
[OP]
Jan 3, 2008
260 posts
28 upvotes
Victoria
rugerty100 wrote:
I'm a fan of LG now with their One Price repair program. Had a leaky machine and they replaced the gasket, thermistor and motherboard for just over a hundred bucks.

redflagusrr wrote: Agree with rugerty100. Have had LG washer and dryer bought from Costco that have been doing 8 loads a week for 5 years now. If anything goes wrong I know the flat-rate repair policy is there. Have heard only terrible things about Samsung appliances.
Does the flat rate repair policy apply to all of their washers and dryers? Or do only some qualify? I'd search myself but it seems I need a serial number and product version code. The Costco product details/specs don't mention it. Is it an add-on cost too, or is it included? There are a couple LG machines for sale too that are only about $100 more each. Maybe it's worth the step up.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
1613 posts
1170 upvotes
Toronto
rugerty100 wrote: Hurt me too.

Same thing happened to me. My lightly used Samsung front load washer had to be thrown out after 8 years since the bearings seized up.
Feb 19, 2019
30 posts
12 upvotes
It says "The flat rate/out of warranty support program is only available for units manufactured between 2013-2019. (Home Appliance 2013-2019, Home Electronics 2015-2019). If your product does not meet this criteria your service call will be cancelled." I'm assuming that because the current units fall under their general warranty, it's not yet listed as being available for 2020 machines. I could be wrong but that's my assumption.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
1613 posts
1170 upvotes
Toronto
rugerty100 wrote: I'm a fan of LG now with their One Price repair program. Had a leaky machine and they replaced the gasket, thermistor and motherboard for just over a hundred bucks.

Even their phones tend to break after warranty. I've been much happier with my Motorola over my previous Samsung.
Jul 21, 2016
970 posts
2118 upvotes
kurt16 wrote: haha wow - that sucks! how is the replacement working? any leaks or anything? you happy with it?
Zero complain about the dryer. As for the washer, I often need two cycles to get rid of stains. I am being told that it is somewhat normal with newer machines because they use less water. I was used to a 20 years old washing machine and I silently regret replacing it (it was still working fine! And god did that machine work, it can't be compared. It would spin the fudge out of your clothes 10x faster!)
Thanks OP, bought 25!
(Mod edit: You are awesome)
Dec 26, 2017
428 posts
266 upvotes
whats the flat repair? how much is it? do they charge diagnostic fee plus repair ?
Aug 14, 2004
98 posts
67 upvotes
It is so hard with appliances to have any idea if something you buy is going to last. When someone says "My BrandX appliance has been going strong for 10 years" it really is no indication of what a BrandX appliance will do today. My favorite is KitchenAide mixers that have had their guts redesigned multiple times over the years but everyone tries to generalize them as garbage or fantastic. Really just depends on the model year. Samsung might have fixed their bearing issue that others mentioned. Who knows. It always seems like a dice roll. Thankfully there is YouTube and, if you're not to scared, you can fix most appliances yourself.