Costco

Samsung dishwasher 24" $599 (Kelowna)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2022 10:02 pm
[OP]
May 21, 2020
2 posts
16 upvotes

[Costco] Samsung dishwasher 24" $599 (Kelowna)

DW80T5040US/AC
3RD RACK
51dBa
Energy star
Stainless steel tub
2 yr warranty
$599 SALE
REG $780
Last edited by TomRFD on Jan 19th, 2022 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
120 replies
Apr 13, 2010
274 posts
552 upvotes
I wouldn't touch a Samsung appliance at any price, they've messed up too many products to retain any level of trust.
Oct 31, 2012
70 posts
241 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Replaced my newish Samsung dishwasher for a Bosche, so much better... And more reliable!
Jul 21, 2009
309 posts
214 upvotes
Ottawa/Gatineau
Bought a Samsung midrange ($800) dishwasher 3 years ago and it lasted, no joke, 18 months before dying. Bought a Bosch 800 series and never looked back.
Jan 10, 2007
561 posts
738 upvotes
Purchased this about 3 months ago. Pleased with its performance. It has been $600 in store for several months.
The higher online price includes delivery and removal of your old dishwasher.

You will need an elbow connector in addition to your water supply hose.

About $10 for the connector or $20 with a new water supply hose ( recommended ).

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/plum ... c=true#spc
Last edited by driverso on Jan 19th, 2022 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 25, 2012
160 posts
99 upvotes
Winnipeg
S1 wrote: I wouldn't touch a Samsung appliance at any price, they've messed up too many products to retain any level of trust.
handovdoom wrote: Replaced my newish Samsung dishwasher for a Bosche, so much better... And more reliable!
twostepdrew wrote: Bought a Samsung midrange ($800) dishwasher 3 years ago and it lasted, no joke, 18 months before dying. Bought a Bosch 800 series and never looked back.
Agree wholeheartedly with all the above. My Samsung dishwasher had major problems from the get-go. Will never touch another Samsung appliance, and will generally avoid any major appliance made by an electronics company.

Don't fall for it folks.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6380 posts
4108 upvotes
Ottawa
Stay away with Samsung appliances.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1038 posts
1852 upvotes
Ontario
I have yet to know a single person who has bought a new Samsung appliance and had it last more than 6-12 months. In fact, my latest friend who bought a Samsung stove literally had it arrive dead from the factory!
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2530 posts
2814 upvotes
The cardinal rule:

Never buy any Samsung kitchen appliances or washer/dryer.

Never by any furniture at the Brick.

Never by a computer from MDG

Never buy an RCA TV

Never have auto service done at Canadian tire.

McDonald's coffee is better than Tim Hortons.

Pizza Pizza is cardboard.
Dec 15, 2017
497 posts
476 upvotes
Calgary
Allen84 wrote: The cardinal rule:

Never buy any Samsung kitchen appliances or washer/dryer.

Never by any furniture at the Brick.

Never by a computer from MDG

Never buy an RCA TV

Never have auto service done at Canadian tire.

McDonald's coffee is better than Tim Hortons.

Pizza Pizza is cardboard.
I can vouch for all of this except we don't have Pizza Pizza in Alberta.
Telus EPP: 20GB/$50
"Retail is for suckers" - Cosmo Kramer
Jul 10, 2011
67 posts
12 upvotes
Can confirm my Samsung appliances have been unreliable as well. Front induction burner on my stove at one point decided to only work full blast. Ice machine hasn’t worked since the beginning.

Never again in my life will I buy Samsung appliances.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2530 posts
2814 upvotes
intelpentium400 wrote: I can vouch for all of this except we don't have Pizza Pizza in Alberta.
Try Pizza 73 and get back to us. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1436 posts
1058 upvotes
Nanaimo
I bought a Bosch 100 series dishwasher at Costco for the same price. There’s no comparison. Also 51db is too loud. The downside of the 100 series is that it’s part plastic tub, it’s a bit loud for my liking. It doesn’t have the adjustability of the higher end models, but it’s $600. I can’t bring myself to move to the 300 series at TWICE the price.

Edit: I forgot to mention I had an LG dishwasher, but that’s equivalent in quality. I had a Samsung stove that was faulty out of the box and was replaced under warranty, i got a GE Profile. My Samsung fridge has had its ice maker replaced. Still working after 6 years. Fingers crossed.
Last edited by S0lidus on Jan 19th, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 27, 2019
61 posts
51 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: I have yet to know a single person who has bought a new Samsung appliance and had it last more than 6-12 months. In fact, my latest friend who bought a Samsung stove literally had it arrive dead from the factory!
You've found one here. I bought a Samsung set of fridge, dishwasher, and stove around December 2020 and they're all going strong with no issues so far...
Jan 13, 2013
102 posts
107 upvotes
AURORA
DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG HOME APPLIANCES!
Sep 19, 2004
661 posts
105 upvotes
Wow. The love here for Samsung. Never seen such passion
Sep 4, 2011
132 posts
88 upvotes
Montreal
Guess I got lucky. I have an induction range, dishwasher, fridge, washer and dryer. All are about 10 years old and never had an issue with any of them.
Apr 23, 2016
610 posts
664 upvotes
Kelowna
mindabsence wrote: I have yet to know a single person who has bought a new Samsung appliance and had it last more than 6-12 months. In fact, my latest friend who bought a Samsung stove literally had it arrive dead from the factory!
Hey that's not fair. My Samsung fridge has been on the verge of dying for 9 years now. I'll give it credit, with the issues it has and the suffering that persists, it's somehow managed to stay alive despite constantly freezing my produce and intermittently leaking and ruining the floor beneath it.

I never thought I would enjoy a frozen onion but after eating them for years they're just as awful as you would assume they are.
Mar 5, 2013
181 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
I bought one today from Max Appliances, ended up paying $450 tax in for a brand new one, also Samsung (so far happy they also included the delivery as I live 10 minutes from them.
worth checking https://maxappliances.ca/product-category/dishwashers/
They have a lot more in store or I should say it's more like a warehouse...
Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)