Samsung dishwasher 24" $599 (Kelowna)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2022 10:02 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2288 posts
901 upvotes
Richmond, ON
I have had ONLY Samsung products in my last two houses and they have been EXCELLENT.

I have all Black stainless steel, with Gas Stove and even Black stainless steel washer and dryer.

They have BEEN AWESOME.

Am I the only one?

Mine were purchased from Leons.

What I can say is that I had LG before and well... Now, not all were bad but the fridge was AWFUL, 2 replacements in 9 months.
Last edited by cazzo1980 on Jan 20th, 2022 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
if you don't ask, the answer is always NO!
Dec 29, 2008
70 posts
112 upvotes
Mississauga
Allen84 wrote: The cardinal rule:

Never buy any Samsung kitchen appliances or washer/dryer.

Never by any furniture at the Brick.

Never by a computer from MDG

Never buy an RCA TV

Never have auto service done at Canadian tire.

McDonald's coffee is better than Tim Hortons.

Pizza Pizza is cardboard.
Never buy an LG refrigerator
Oct 14, 2007
483 posts
663 upvotes
Thedford

Never buy an RCA TV

I sure miss those long MDG computer threads of yesteryear!
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1478 posts
1679 upvotes
Ottawa

Never buy an RCA TV

Preach. Church of Allen is truth.

Samsung: good phones, TVs and tablets, bad everything else.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1478 posts
1679 upvotes
Ottawa
tshath wrote: Never buy an LG refrigerator
I've had one LG fridge for 18 years and another for 15. I'd take LG over any appliance by Samsung any day.
Aug 18, 2021
27 posts
26 upvotes
I had two brand news Samsung dryers and one Samsung washer died in 12 months
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2005
3765 posts
363 upvotes
Thornhill
My samsung dishwasher is 5 years old. Gets used every day. No issues other than the wear on the racks and pain in the ass filter cleaning (have to unscrew a mesh vs twist off filters from other manufacturers).
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
1046 posts
323 upvotes
micromen wrote: Samsung dishwasher is crap

Pay more and get a Bosch for dishwasher

Samsung sucks in general for appliances. Every repair person I've known said to never get it. Cheaply made consumer appliances made to fail.
I would agree, if you can, pay more to get a bosch, the extra couple hundred bucks is worth reducing the headache and time spent of dealing with a crappy appliance. or relegate yourself to accept this stuff is disposable and you'll risk the need to replace every time something goes wrong with it because the cost of the repair with labour sucks to pay and is pricey and not worth repairing.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2515 posts
2404 upvotes
Toronto
cazzo1980 wrote: I have had ONLY Samsung products in my last two houses and they have been EXCELLENT.

I have all Black stainless steel, with Gas Stove and even Black stainless steel washer and dryer.

They have BEEN AWESOME.

Am I the only one?

Mine were purchased from Leons.

What I can say is that I had LG before and well... Now, not all were bad but the fridge was AWFUL, 2 replacements in 9 months.
I doubt you're the only one. Samsung appliances been one of the most selling brands out there. I've seen in multiple reports saying that Samsung is the top-one selling brand in the US

https://luxatic.com/the-top-10-best-kit ... ce-brands/
Being the number one brand in the US for kitchen appliances sold comes with a responsibility that Samsung works to live up to.
https://www.happysappliances.com/blog/t ... s-of-2019/
#3 – Samsung
Samsung is the top-selling appliance brand in the U.S.

While I can't verify their source, it's fairly known that they are one the the most popular brands out there.

Talking bad about Samsung is a popular thing here (not just on RFD), maybe deserved at some point. But I can guarantee you that if someone comes with facts proving A+B that Samsung is actually good, won't get some much attention/upvotes as a someone stating that it's bad based on nothing or an individual case that happened 10 years ago
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10637 posts
3304 upvotes
my samung dishwasher was junk, its all plastic inside, it started to leak one day and the hoses inside were all this cheap plastic hosting, and became very brittle.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1775 posts
526 upvotes
Ottawa
Samsung fails and parts are expensive for more revenue. from unreliable components.

stay away.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10637 posts
3304 upvotes
so my review of samsung appliances, after 11 years of owning them

Fridge --> fan inside has died twice, massive ice build up every year inside the fan area. Freezer side condesate drain freezes up, leaving water to leak from the freezer size. i have to take my fridge apart every year to fix.

Microwave/hood fan --> one day we had company over, it turned on by itself, and started in popcorn mode, then did it again and again and again, samsung replaced it after i made some social media posts, due to a fire hazard.

Stove --> no issues, other then the inside glass is impossible to clean.

Dishashwer, replaced at the 7 year point due to constant leaks inside with hoses.

This was a set bought from Sears for like 5000$ 11 years ago.
Dec 22, 2010
567 posts
480 upvotes
Ontario
Wumao forces are strong on this one. Look at the OP's post. I guarantee he's one of them. lol
Aug 31, 2020
45 posts
30 upvotes
I think people need to realize that many appliaces share internals with other companies. Also some are made "Domestically(US/CAN/MX)" and others are made internationally.

What fails... what is the issues? And not what some "Repair Tech" tells you.

Dryers- Number one failure seems to actually be building wiring. My Sister in law went thru Dryers like crazy and thought it was because she did "lots" of laundry a day. I told them that wasnt right... something was burning them up. Well on the last time it happened the Brand new 1 day old machine died. The cause... the breaker was worn out and was not consistently delivering the 240V needed to run the equipment.
Dryers- Mechanical noise/failures. Samsung has issue(i assume others do to) where if the dryer is not perfectly level the 4 wheels that the drum rolls on wear unevenly causing noise and added tension onto the tensioner pully and belt. People also need to keep in mind that there is really a 3lb/ft3 limit on the dryer. So that means that you need to maximum spin dry the load to get it all in. It will do 40lb but it is designed to do ~3/ft. Samsung largest dryer is 7.5ft3 so about 22.5lb max weight.

Stoves- The above kills stoves too. My brother just had this happen to 2 stoves and again the breaker was faulty.
Dishwashers- How often do you actually clean them? My Kitchenaid started acting up after a build up of stuff in the sump. The Optical sensor was being obstructed. This was a no-part repair but the repair manual assumes you clean the dishwasher. Removing phosphate from soap has increased this issue. Run a cup of CLR thru dishwasher ever 2-3 months plus the finish dishwasher cleaner monthly. Those with top controls will fail especially on those models that pop open to dry. The screws in the door loosen ever so slightly over time and water gets into door where all the brains are.

Fridges- Overloading .... biggest issue. The air needs to circulate or shit freezes. Both the inside and outside of the fridge needs circulation air and needs to be cleaned of dust. The water related issues with icemakers and all have to do with hard water and line pressure. My samsung has a warning about maximum line pressure to the unit. Guess what... when I tested it i have 3 times that pressure at the valve. Not changing the 50$ filter regularly or changing it with a knock off seems to cause everyone grief. The harder your water, the more often you need to change them.

Washing Machine- The biggest thing i have seen are the door locks and electric water valves in the back. Door Latch will be damaged if door pushes on it during latching. Simple solution... dont fill the machine or hold the door closed when latching. The Samsungs have filters to try and catch the hard water on the way in. they need to be cleaned or they will break off and go inside. Also... clean the strainers of hair and shit and actually run the clean cycles monthly.

Most failures are preventable. There are some shitty appliances out there though but you can often tell when you look at them.
[OP]
May 21, 2020
2 posts
16 upvotes
Thank you, after reading everyones posts about Samsung sucking, i will definitely be buying a different name brand.
Feb 10, 2013
79 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Samsung dishwasher still running, has never 100% cleaned, always dirty dishes left. I have tried everything. I clean it once a month now and still has at least 1 cup/bowl with debris leftover.
Aug 29, 2004
74 posts
35 upvotes
Mississauga
pizzahutxbox wrote: I'm scared now that I have the samsung fridge.. (been working for 11 years now though) lol. Now that I think of it.. it's had a huge chunk of ice on the right side of the inside back of the fridge, a spring break and sleeve come out.. also the freezer seal is breaking. Everything else is fine though. Face With Tears Of Joy
I have a Samsung Fridge for over 10 years. Now I am worried it is going to breakdown. Joining the scared list.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2515 posts
2404 upvotes
Toronto
aidendanger wrote: Preach. Church of Allen is truth.

Samsung: good phones, TVs and tablets, bad everything else.
While I couldn't care less if people really dislike brand a or b, this is an interesting take.
Either you hate the brand as a whole, or don't realise how big they are. Samsung represents like 20-25% of South Korea GDP. They make all sort of stuff, from flash memory (sd cards) to ships, passing thru chemicals, pharmaceutics, and so on...

imho, the items you mentioned aren't that "good" compared to others (bit unfair to say as Apple being a main rival on 2 of them), but if there's anything Samsung shine is memory stuff (SSD, flash memory and so on...)
Sep 7, 2012
142 posts
73 upvotes
Vernon
My fingers get sore from upvoting everyone comment warning people about samsung, but it's honest work. Samsung is horrid.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)