Costco

Samsung dishwasher 24" $599 (Kelowna)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2022 10:02 pm
Oct 31, 2015
494 posts
403 upvotes
Toronto, ON
neonic wrote: I doubt you're the only one. Samsung appliances been one of the most selling brands out there. I've seen in multiple reports saying that Samsung is the top-one selling brand in the US

https://luxatic.com/the-top-10-best-kit ... ce-brands/
Being the number one brand in the US for kitchen appliances sold comes with a responsibility that Samsung works to live up to.
https://www.happysappliances.com/blog/t ... s-of-2019/
#3 – Samsung
Samsung is the top-selling appliance brand in the U.S.

While I can't verify their source, it's fairly known that they are one the the most popular brands out there.

Talking bad about Samsung is a popular thing here (not just on RFD), maybe deserved at some point. But I can guarantee you that if someone comes with facts proving A+B that Samsung is actually good, won't get some much attention/upvotes as a someone stating that it's bad based on nothing or an individual case that happened 10 years ago
This! Its become the cool thing on RFD to rip on Samsung Appliances. 99% of the individuals commenting "Friends dont let friends buy Samsung" have never owned a Samsung. OP's dish is insanely featured for $599.
Oct 30, 2019
544 posts
1218 upvotes
Langley, BC
blazed16 wrote: pizza 73 same thing
Pizza 73 Grand Slam, one thing I get when I go to Calgary
May 30, 2015
735 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cazzo1980 wrote: I have had ONLY Samsung products in my last two houses and they have been EXCELLENT.

I have all Black stainless steel, with Gas Stove and even Black stainless steel washer and dryer.

They have BEEN AWESOME.

Am I the only one?
same here. Bought 5 Samsung appliances 6 years ago (Home Depot) and I never had a single problem.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5058 posts
1531 upvotes
Wat
My house came with a brand new Samsung Dishwasher. It's really horrible at cleaning dishes. Tried living with it for a couple years but the precleaning before loading and resulting fights about dirty dishes coming out is not worth it.
Ordered a Bosch 300 series even though this Samsung is in excellent condition. I'll see what I get for it in the open market.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5058 posts
1531 upvotes
Wat
TorontoBORN wrote: This! Its become the cool thing on RFD to rip on Samsung Appliances. 99% of the individuals commenting "Friends dont let friends buy Samsung" have never owned a Samsung. OP's dish is insanely featured for $599.
Samsung dishwasher owner here.. fact is Samsung dishwashers don't clean dishes properly. Might be an "insane" price but if it doesn't do the job properly it's wasted money.
Mar 18, 2017
33 posts
36 upvotes
Good reviews looks like I will be avoiding Samsung appliances. Seems like some people have been lucky with Samsung. Thanks for the info!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9576 posts
7213 upvotes
Kootenays
neonic wrote:
Talking bad about Samsung is a popular thing here (not just on RFD), maybe deserved at some point. But I can guarantee you that if someone comes with facts proving A+B that Samsung is actually good, won't get some much attention/upvotes as a someone stating that it's bad based on nothing or an individual case that happened 10 years ago
Consumer Reports rating them 28th out of 40 brands for durability is quite telling. Samsung does shiny and people like shiny.

Side note...my Bosch 800 series just breathed its final breath yesterday (circulation pump) after 14.5 years. Previously we had 3 x $500 dishwashers over 15 years. Bosch has production problems at the moment and the quickest I could get the replacement I was looking at was 2 weeks (Costco.ca). Local places were estimating late Feb/early March. Bought a Miele yesterday. Worth it to us as we often run our dw twice a day, as we run a small resort and offer a buffet breakfast during non-Covid times. I can't be dealing with a dw failure every few years. Like BBQs, you get what you pay for.
Last edited by smacd on Jan 20th, 2022 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 13, 2016
942 posts
558 upvotes
Allen84 wrote: The cardinal rule:

Never buy any Samsung kitchen appliances or washer/dryer.

Never by any furniture at the Brick.

Never by a computer from MDG

Never buy an RCA TV

Never have auto service done at Canadian tire.

McDonald's coffee is better than Tim Hortons.

Pizza Pizza is cardboard.
You forgot Bhell
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2005
3765 posts
363 upvotes
Thornhill
If you want to find the best one for you watch this video
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2294 posts
901 upvotes
Richmond, ON
emilio911 wrote: You forgot Bhell
and Rogers!
if you don't ask, the answer is always NO!
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1454 posts
1686 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
emilio911 wrote: You forgot Bhell
You also forgot cheap china bbqs that look shiny with 14 burners and 1 million btus but door hinge breaks week 2. Ignitor week 3.

I am here for entertainment purposes only.
Nov 22, 2012
194 posts
156 upvotes
Fredericton
Buy a Bosch and forget about it!
Nov 25, 2021
29 posts
12 upvotes
I had Samsung washer for over two yrs before I sold my house. Never had issues.

In my previous previous place, I had whirlpool fridge that die after 13 months. Unbelievable.

The point is, get extended warranty on fridge.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1986 posts
1245 upvotes
Durham
Another downvote for crappy products. All of my 7 year old Samsung appliances are trash! Fridge lines freeze and get frozen produce cause ice maker lines to also freeze. Freezer fan freezes over. Have to de-ice every few months. Stove is fine, but only convection option for oven works now. And when oven is on, display does some weird flashing. Dishwasher completely toast.
Dec 15, 2009
198 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
Save yourself all the hassle and don't buy Samsung appliances.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1434 posts
1057 upvotes
Nanaimo
krn905 wrote: Perkopolis is clutch for bosch dishwashers, can get hem slightly cheaper then you paid and a 300 for not much more.

I got the 300 panel ready on order.
I don’t have an account unfortunately. I am a public servant and we don’t get access as far as I know.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1480 posts
1681 upvotes
Ottawa
neonic wrote: While I couldn't care less if people really dislike brand a or b, this is an interesting take.
Either you hate the brand as a whole, or don't realise how big they are. Samsung represents like 20-25% of South Korea GDP. They make all sort of stuff, from flash memory (sd cards) to ships, passing thru chemicals, pharmaceutics, and so on...

imho, the items you mentioned aren't that "good" compared to others (bit unfair to say as Apple being a main rival on 2 of them), but if there's anything Samsung shine is memory stuff (SSD, flash memory and so on...)

Good point. They do make great SSDs too, but not sure how you don't see how their phones and tablets are among the elite. Considering they compete with several other brands for Android consumers, yet are nearly on par for sales with Apple who competed with....oh right, no one.
Images
  • fireshot-capture-026-gartner-says-worldwide-smartphone-sales-declined-5-in-fourth-quarter-www-gartner-com.jpg
May 3, 2007
51 posts
106 upvotes
Nova Scotia
cazzo1980 wrote: I have had ONLY Samsung products in my last two houses and they have been EXCELLENT.

I have all Black stainless steel, with Gas Stove and even Black stainless steel washer and dryer.

They have BEEN AWESOME.

Am I the only one?

Mine were purchased from Leons.

What I can say is that I had LG before and well... Now, not all were bad but the fridge was AWFUL, 2 replacements in 9 months.
8 years and counting with our Samsung Washer and Dryer stackables. No issues.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2515 posts
2404 upvotes
Toronto
aidendanger wrote: Good point. They do make great SSDs too, but not sure how you don't see how their phones and tablets are among the elite. Considering they compete with several other brands for Android consumers, yet are nearly on par for sales with Apple who competed with....oh right, no one.
I mean, sure, the galaxy line is elite. And I'm saying that as a long time Samsung Galaxy user (Galaxy 5, S3, S4, Note4, S7e, S10); But this marketshare is driven mostly by the low cost phones. So if you're saying they make good phones based on their market share/sell numbers, then you should them accept that they make good appliances, as they're the top sellers in the US.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1480 posts
1681 upvotes
Ottawa
neonic wrote: I mean, sure, the galaxy line is elite. And I'm saying that as a long time Samsung Galaxy user (Galaxy 5, S3, S4, Note4, S7e, S10); But this marketshare is driven mostly by the low cost phones. So if you're saying they make good phones based on their market share/sell numbers, then you should them accept that they make good appliances, as they're the top sellers in the US.

Not sure what you're talking about. They're not low cost: the Galaxy S21 Ultra is $1650 Face With Tears Of Joy, that's more than an Apple iPhone 13 pro. You're grabbing at straws to make up for you buying all Samsung appliances, why do you care what others think? If they work for you, awesome. I wouldn't touch them based on consumer reports.