Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Samsung dishwasher 24" $599 (Kelowna)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2022 10:02 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
2515 posts
2404 upvotes
Toronto
aidendanger wrote: Not sure what you're talking about. They're not low cost: the Galaxy S21 Ultra is $1650 Face With Tears Of Joy, that's more than an Apple iPhone 13 pro. You're grabbing at straws to make up for you buying all Samsung appliances, why do you care what others think? If they work for you, awesome. I wouldn't touch them based on consumer reports.
Samsung currently have more the 20 smartphones. Sure, Galaxy S21 and Folds are very expensive, but I'd imagine they'd sell a lot more of the Galaxy A line for instance.

And no, I'm not even talking about appliances alone. I just replied that I found interesting that you said that everything else apart of phones, tv and ssd are bad. Considering the whole lot that they make
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1480 posts
1681 upvotes
Ottawa
neonic wrote: Samsung currently have more the 20 smartphones. Sure, Galaxy S21 and Folds are very expensive, but I'd imagine they'd sell a lot more of the Galaxy A line for instance.

And no, I'm not even talking about appliances alone. I just replied that I found interesting that you said that everything else apart of phones, tv and ssd are bad. Considering the whole lot that they make
I also mentioned tablets Winking Face

For the sake of the discussion, yes that is what I said. I'm pretty sure RFDers aren't buying their pharmaceuticals or shipping vessels from Samsung, but have at it. My point was their appliances are not the best option.
Member
Nov 23, 2017
337 posts
312 upvotes
Search Facebook for the “samsung refrigerator recall u.s.a now” group to see a running tally of refunds from Samsung. Never buy samsung appliances.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4011 posts
1435 upvotes
Ontario
I bought this dishwasher and although I kind of wanted Samsung stuff to match (I already had a Samsung S/S over range microwave), found quickly that this dishwasher is junk. I didn't listen to all the reviews and assumed people just werent using it correctly because, it's a dishwasher, how can you screw that up? Samsung found a way.

I tried different detergents, rinse aids, on the longest hottest heavy duty cycle and dishes still came out dirty.

Returned it to Costco, no problems. Bought a cheaper Frigidaire instead and although it is a plastic tub, the cleaning quality is 10x better. I attached a picture of what a spatula came out looking like from a 3hr wash cycle.

Honestly I dont know how Costco sells this, I thought they vetted products to be high quality.
Images
  • 20210909_230318.jpg
Sr. Member
Nov 10, 2003
781 posts
229 upvotes
Concord
mindabsence wrote: I have yet to know a single person who has bought a new Samsung appliance and had it last more than 6-12 months. In fact, my latest friend who bought a Samsung stove literally had it arrive dead from the factory!
My fridge and dishwasher going strong after 8 years.
UNOO - Meet Canada's Premium Heated Jacket
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 25, 2008
1777 posts
528 upvotes
Ottawa
deadice wrote: Honestly I dont know how Costco sells this, I thought they vetted products to be high quality.
Costco sells discontinued product. Coukd be of poorest quality.

Several years ago, Costco isle lined up stacks of top load Samsung washer.
Same models got recalled because exploding tubs after news everywhere for few weeks.
Newbie
Feb 27, 2019
60 posts
51 upvotes
Wiseman wrote: Samsung dishwasher owner here.. fact is Samsung dishwashers don't clean dishes properly. Might be an "insane" price but if it doesn't do the job properly it's wasted money.
Try using another dish pod. I was using Finish with my Samsung and would leave streaks/marks but with Cascade no issues at all.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 7, 2013
2038 posts
2041 upvotes
Montreal
All those horror stories regarding Samsung appliances.
I have just contacted corbeil to put on hold the Samsung combo fridge stove washer and dryer i ordered on boxing days.
Samsung offered 600$ off 4 major appliances.

Now i need to shop different brand and confused what to buy

Samsung fridge are garbage. Some people will say lg fridge is garbage too. So what to buy here???
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2005
1265 posts
264 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
Bessem wrote: All those horror stories regarding Samsung appliances.
I have just contacted corbeil to put on hold the Samsung combo fridge stove washer and dryer i ordered on boxing days.
Samsung offered 600$ off 4 major appliances.

Now i need to shop different brand and confused what to buy

Samsung fridge are garbage. Some people will say lg fridge is garbage too. So what to buy here???
Having just had my LG fridge repaired for a failed linear compressor (under a Costco extended warranty), I've learned a few things about them. The compressor failure is by far the most common issue with LG fridges. LG does have a 10 year warranty on the part but the labour cost is significant as it involves welding and programming (more than $300 I'm told). The repair tech told me that because LG is now on their 3rd iteration of the linear compressor, he thinks they've finally got the situation under control and he no longer would fear buying an LG fridge. He did not recommend Samsung appliances in general, their fridge ice maker is a huge problem in particular.
Sr. Member
Nov 10, 2003
781 posts
229 upvotes
Concord
Bessem wrote: All those horror stories regarding Samsung appliances.
I have just contacted corbeil to put on hold the Samsung combo fridge stove washer and dryer i ordered on boxing days.
Samsung offered 600$ off 4 major appliances.

Now i need to shop different brand and confused what to buy

Samsung fridge are garbage. Some people will say lg fridge is garbage too. So what to buy here???
I won't put it on pause. Here is why...

For many years I worked in digital space for manufacturing companies, creating CRM, ecommerce and marketing technologies for them. There are a few statistics that you need to be aware of...

- Rarely do good experience get posted online. If you have sold 10M products, you may get 1000 good reviews but 1M so-so or negative feedback. Regardless though, you still got 99% happy customers. So look for the ratio of sales and negative feedbacks. The more sales, the more negative feedback
- When it comes to review, it is either 5 stars or simply 1... the grey area rarely exist. Because we are incapable of defining a 3-star experience.
- The more expensive the item, the fewer negative reviews there are. Consumers like to be convinced they bought a quality product and usually this is translated to some kind of shopping experience and higher price. They may also convince themselve of some kind of higher quality without understanding the materials used. Secondly, no one likes to be call a fool for spending 4x more on something.
UNOO - Meet Canada's Premium Heated Jacket
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 7, 2013
2038 posts
2041 upvotes
Montreal
xg3 wrote: I won't put it on pause. Here is why...

For many years I worked in digital space for manufacturing companies, creating CRM, ecommerce and marketing technologies for them. There are a few statistics that you need to be aware of...

- Rarely do good experience get posted online. If you have sold 10M products, you may get 1000 good reviews but 1M so-so or negative feedback. Regardless though, you still got 99% happy customers. So look for the ratio of sales and negative feedbacks. The more sales, the more negative feedback
- When it comes to review, it is either 5 stars or simply 1... the grey area rarely exist. Because we are incapable of defining a 3-star experience.
- The more expensive the item, the fewer negative reviews there are. Consumers like to be convinced they bought a quality product and usually this is translated to some kind of shopping experience and higher price. They may also convince themselve of some kind of higher quality without understanding the materials used. Secondly, no one likes to be call a fool for spending 4x more on something.
This does make sense. I am aware that people
with positive experience will not rush posting a five star feedback.
But . All the negative feedback ( freezing fridge. Ice maker breaks the first week . Water leaking ) all related to same problem is a warning and what i learned is to listen and take notes of those who bought a model i’m buying.

Lg extended the compressor warranty to 10years and the problem seems to be gone (or not)

I
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Sr. Member
Nov 10, 2003
781 posts
229 upvotes
Concord
Bessem wrote: This does make sense. I am aware that people
with positive experience will not rush posting a five star feedback.
But . All the negative feedback ( freezing fridge. Ice maker breaks the first week . Water leaking ) all related to same problem is a warning and what i learned is to listen and take notes of those who bought a model i’m buying.

Lg extended the compressor warranty to 10years and the problem seems to be gone (or not)

I
Is manufacturing. logistic, installations, things happen along the lifecycle that breaks it. Some are done by the owners.
UNOO - Meet Canada's Premium Heated Jacket
Sr. Member
Feb 20, 2006
546 posts
442 upvotes
S1 wrote: I wouldn't touch a Samsung appliance at any price, they've messed up too many products to retain any level of trust.
I won't take it even it is free.
Sr. Member
Feb 20, 2006
546 posts
442 upvotes
Bessem wrote: This does make sense. I am aware that people
with positive experience will not rush posting a five star feedback.
But . All the negative feedback ( freezing fridge. Ice maker breaks the first week . Water leaking ) all related to same problem is a warning and what i learned is to listen and take notes of those who bought a model i’m buying.

Lg extended the compressor warranty to 10years and the problem seems to be gone (or not)

I
I have the Samsung stove and fridge, and I can tell u they are junk.
Newbie
May 25, 2021
39 posts
35 upvotes
deadice wrote: I bought this dishwasher and although I kind of wanted Samsung stuff to match (I already had a Samsung S/S over range microwave), found quickly that this dishwasher is junk. I didn't listen to all the reviews and assumed people just werent using it correctly because, it's a dishwasher, how can you screw that up? Samsung found a way.

I tried different detergents, rinse aids, on the longest hottest heavy duty cycle and dishes still came out dirty.

Returned it to Costco, no problems. Bought a cheaper Frigidaire instead and although it is a plastic tub, the cleaning quality is 10x better. I attached a picture of what a spatula came out looking like from a 3hr wash cycle.

Honestly I dont know how Costco sells this, I thought they vetted products to be high quality.
I had a Frigidaire dishwasher before. They are loud, they are cheap but they work pretty fine. Never had an issue with dirty dishes in over 5 years with it. I now have a Bosh, and oh my, this is quiet! I can barely even ear it. I also had a Frigidaire fridge, that was crap. Ice formation and leaking inside the fridge.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1561 posts
476 upvotes
Bedford
bluespecv wrote: Wow. The love here for Samsung. Never seen such passion
I have managed to keep 3 Samsung Kitchen appliances running with the help of youtube for 13 years. The original Samsung over the range microwave was replaced 2 years ago. Mixed review I would say.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2015
4823 posts
5274 upvotes
Alberta
Recently replaced my girlfriend's broken Samsung dishwasher.
Newbie
Nov 7, 2021
31 posts
30 upvotes
I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone complain about a refrigerator or oven until Samsung came into the market.

Stick with electronics… even then there’s still issues. Unreliable smartphones and ads on smart tvs. Ok, stick with monitors!
Jr. Member
User avatar
Nov 22, 2012
194 posts
156 upvotes
Fredericton
Do yourself all a favor and just buy a Bosch..
Member
Oct 31, 2015
494 posts
403 upvotes
Toronto, ON
deadice wrote: I bought this dishwasher and although I kind of wanted Samsung stuff to match (I already had a Samsung S/S over range microwave), found quickly that this dishwasher is junk. I didn't listen to all the reviews and assumed people just werent using it correctly because, it's a dishwasher, how can you screw that up? Samsung found a way.

I tried different detergents, rinse aids, on the longest hottest heavy duty cycle and dishes still came out dirty.

Returned it to Costco, no problems. Bought a cheaper Frigidaire instead and although it is a plastic tub, the cleaning quality is 10x better. I attached a picture of what a spatula came out looking like from a 3hr wash cycle.

Honestly I dont know how Costco sells this, I thought they vetted products to be high quality.
I also have this dishwasher and dont have the issue you speak of. To be quite honest... i also wouldnt put a dish in a dishwasher with large chunks of food on it. Especially on the third rack (possible even facing up)

Top