Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Samsung dishwasher 24" $599 (Kelowna)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2022 10:02 pm
Member
Oct 31, 2015
494 posts
403 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cf7777 wrote: Costco sells discontinued product. Coukd be of poorest quality.

Several years ago, Costco isle lined up stacks of top load Samsung washer.
Same models got recalled because exploding tubs after news everywhere for few weeks.
You mean they sell products slightly different then you see everywhere else because competitors are going to cry that Costco is offering it cheaper... I havent seen a samsung laundry being sold at a Costco store in YEARS.
Jr. Member
Jun 11, 2009
139 posts
60 upvotes
Just replaced our dishwasher, fridge, and stove. Was originally looking toward Samsung and LG because of the features, aesthetics, etc. With Covid shortages that ended up not happening and I ended up with GE profile appliances. The have been great and I have had no issues with them. Will check back in 5 years when the extended warranty runs out ;)
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 20, 2004
3277 posts
875 upvotes
Calgary
Another person with Samsung DW horror story. Mine has been nothing but trouble. Extremely loud.
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2010
567 posts
480 upvotes
Ontario
So many fake stories are here. You know why it's hard to believe these crap? All of sudden everyone has Samsung appliances, and they are all broken. Samsung appliances weren't/ aren't even that popular. lol I don't understand why people are doing this, but I'm pretty sure it's similar to some idiots who bought wrong versions of samsung ssds. Who's going to take this crap seriously? It's so cringe it's hard to ignore.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10637 posts
3304 upvotes
testmann wrote: So many fake stories are here. You know why it's hard to believe these crap? All of sudden everyone has Samsung appliances, and they are all broken. Samsung appliances weren't/ aren't even that popular. lol I don't understand why people are doing this, but I'm pretty sure it's similar to some idiots who bought wrong versions of samsung ssds. Who's going to take this crap seriously? It's so cringe it's hard to ignore.
yeah we are all lying, i came here to bash samsung and dont have any thier stuff, i have nothing better to do with my life.
Member
User avatar
Jan 22, 2019
353 posts
288 upvotes
I had to take apart my Samsung fridge ice machine and literally use bathroom caulking around the seams so that warm air would stop leaking through the machine and freeze/thaw the ice maker. It’s been working for 3 year now, that being said. I’d never buy another Samsung appliance again.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 10, 2009
1237 posts
4977 upvotes
Van Isle
This is one of those rare posts where I literally was angry that there isnt an "all of above" option for the downvote reason
Militant Atheist....There's no goddamn god goddamn it
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4010 posts
1435 upvotes
Ontario
TorontoBORN wrote: I also have this dishwasher and dont have the issue you speak of. To be quite honest... i also wouldnt put a dish in a dishwasher with large chunks of food on it. Especially on the third rack (possible even facing up)
Never had this issue with any other dishwasher I owned. Any dishwasher should be able to accomplish simple tasks like that. And my $450 Fridgidaire one does that no problem. Even my glassware had less residue on the inside. Trust me, I wanted this Samsung one to work but it's no good.
Newbie
Dec 4, 2017
97 posts
122 upvotes
Buy it if you want to become a Samsung repairman.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 7, 2013
2036 posts
2039 upvotes
Montreal
after reading terrible stories about Samsung appliances, i decided to put my order ( 5 Samsung items ) on hold to shop different brand,
i tell you what, all brands are made cheap nowwa days ( i am not talking about 10k appliance/unit )
the agent recommended kitchenaid and reading reviews , i am not sure.
confusion !
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Member
User avatar
Feb 7, 2014
237 posts
80 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
My new condo has Samsung appliances Face Screaming In Fear....but I do have a 1 year warranty on all appliances.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 7, 2006
1696 posts
291 upvotes
Bought Samsung dishwasher, broke after 2 months. Had to install, uninstall for them to pick up for full refund under warranty then install new one. Got a whirlpool instead.

Stay away from Samsung.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
4666 posts
1935 upvotes
WFH
testmann wrote: So many fake stories are here. You know why it's hard to believe these crap? All of sudden everyone has Samsung appliances, and they are all broken. Samsung appliances weren't/ aren't even that popular. lol I don't understand why people are doing this, but I'm pretty sure it's similar to some idiots who bought wrong versions of samsung ssds. Who's going to take this crap seriously? It's so cringe it's hard to ignore.

My fridge stopped controlling the temperature after about 6 months wasting much of the food in it. The control board was replaced under warranty. The ice maker overflows and the mechanism gets blocked and caked up with ice. It requires defrosting and chipping away every 2-3 weeks. Samsung won't help with this problem.

My Samsung washer started banging and producing a burnt rubber smell after about 5 years. I took is apart and found that the spider arm was corroded through, the drum was off center causing the banging. The rim of the drum was rubbing against the door seal and the friction was causing the burning smell. The bearing seal was done so it would require a new bearing and the shocks were done. I figured about $600 in parts alone to fix. "Sorry, it's not of warranty, not our problem!"

The problems I have described are fairly common. A lot of us have spent a lot of money on Samsung appliances and feel ripped off. We take opportunities like this to vent and warn others to stay away from this crap.

There, I wasn't even going to post in this thread until I read your ridiculous comments!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 10, 2005
2468 posts
621 upvotes
A friend don’t let a friend to buy any Samsung appliances.

Stay away from any Samsung appliances!
King of the farm
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1478 posts
1679 upvotes
Ottawa
rocking23nf wrote: yeah we are all lying, i came here to bash samsung and dont have any thier stuff, i have nothing better to do with my life.
Gotta wonder if there's affordable therapy for that guys thinking 🤣

Perhaps it's first hand experience coupled with the countless bad reviews, and consumer reports? Nah...we just make it up cause we have an agenda against a brand Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Rolling Eyes
Sr. Member
Dec 22, 2010
567 posts
480 upvotes
Ontario
rocking23nf wrote: yeah we are all lying, i came here to bash samsung and dont have any thier stuff, i have nothing better to do with my life.
dirtmover wrote: My fridge stopped controlling the temperature after about 6 months wasting much of the food in it. The control board was replaced under warranty. The ice maker overflows and the mechanism gets blocked and caked up with ice. It requires defrosting and chipping away every 2-3 weeks. Samsung won't help with this problem.

My Samsung washer started banging and producing a burnt rubber smell after about 5 years. I took is apart and found that the spider arm was corroded through, the drum was off center causing the banging. The rim of the drum was rubbing against the door seal and the friction was causing the burning smell. The bearing seal was done so it would require a new bearing and the shocks were done. I figured about $600 in parts alone to fix. "Sorry, it's not of warranty, not our problem!"

The problems I have described are fairly common. A lot of us have spent a lot of money on Samsung appliances and feel ripped off. We take opportunities like this to vent and warn others to stay away from this crap.

There, I wasn't even going to post in this thread until I read your ridiculous comments!
Yes right, you weren't going to write a post, So convincing. lol Look at that the OP's profile and the posts. This is definitely targeted. I've seen a lot of these on RFD and because of that. I missed some deals. All these fake claims turned out to be it's their own faults. Good example again, is with samssung SSDs. Some idiots bought a wrong version of SSDs, and kept complaining about the warranty endlessly especially here on RFD. I missed good deals because of that. Turns out you don't have a warranty problem if you buy them at the major retailers like Staples, Bestbuy, etc. It's been confirmed, but those idiots still generalizing it. So annoying pieces of crap. Making up doesn't make it true.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1478 posts
1679 upvotes
Ottawa
testmann wrote: Yes right, you weren't going to write a post, So convincing. lol Look at that the OP's profile and the posts. This is definitely targeted. I've seen a lot of these on RFD and because of that. I missed some deals. All these fake claims turned out to be it's their own faults. Good example again, is with samssung SSDs. Some idiots bought a wrong version of SSDs, and kept complaining about the warranty endlessly especially here on RFD. I missed good deals because of that. Turns out you don't have a warranty problem if you buy them at the major retailers like Staples, Bestbuy, etc. It's been confirmed, but those idiots still generalizing it. So annoying pieces of crap. Making up doesn't make it true.
Yep, these people have been on RFD since 2005 just to convince you not to buy a Samsung dishwasher. Give your head a shake. People are sharing their experience; no one is stopping you or anyone else from buying anything. Make your own decisions.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13302 posts
2509 upvotes
Toronto
Honest opinion on my samsung appliance i have owned for about 2 years.

Dishwasher leaked and caused water damage. Replaced the water intake solenoid. All is good for now.

Gas stove. Light switch is broken after 1 year. Oven self clean can’t be used because the screen display gets fried. All rubber feet on the grates have disintegrated and fallen off. Knobs have begun to discolor despite not using abrasives or harsh chemical.

Fridge. Moisture problem. Condensation problem. Bottom freezer drawer does not pull out correctly anymore. Must use full force to pull out the remaining quarter. Design flaw. Handles cant be tightened properly and wiggles.



Noooooo more samsung ever…. But i do have a samsung electric dryer that is going on 9+ years with a few parts thrown at it. The washer died a horrific death many years ago
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13302 posts
2509 upvotes
Toronto
testmann wrote: So many fake stories are here. You know why it's hard to believe these crap? All of sudden everyone has Samsung appliances, and they are all broken. Samsung appliances weren't/ aren't even that popular. lol I don't understand why people are doing this, but I'm pretty sure it's similar to some idiots who bought wrong versions of samsung ssds. Who's going to take this crap seriously? It's so cringe it's hard to ignore.
LOL, i hope you’re not trolling or some crazy samsung fanboi. Samsung is good for other things, but just not appliances lol.
Member
Jun 22, 2016
413 posts
298 upvotes
Not important
We did have a Samsung Dryer before we moved and it's lasted 8-9 years with no problems.
Would I buy their appliances again? No.
If I had to buy one appliance from them, it's a dryer. It generally works no matter the brand like others have said.
If I had to choose their least reliable appliance, I'd go with dishwashers.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)