• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2020 5:08 pm
[OP]
Oct 17, 2004
643 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Samsung Dishwasher $374 after Ontario Energy savings

Costco has the DW80M3021US Dishwasher with Stainless Steel Tub available in-store
$499-$125 Ontario Energy savings.
Price comes to $374

Item # is 1185468 you can call the store to check inventory before you head over.

This is the link for the item but Costco doesn't have it online
https://www.samsung.com/ca/dishwashers/dw80m3021usac/
Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 11th, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
I'm too poor to buy crap
51 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1420 posts
422 upvotes
Recently I have had a Samsung dishwasher and fridge both die inside 5 years, fridge had issues after the first year.

Almost forgot to add stove. $2,500 model. 18 months in and it needed a new ignitor. There are pages and pages of this exact defect online but Samsung is doing nothing about it.
Last edited by jg123 on Jun 11th, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 18, 2010
992 posts
286 upvotes
Edmonton
I dont know if the 3021 is much better, but i have a DW80M2020US which i hate with a passion. Its like the person who had my house before me wanted the cheapest dishwasher possible, and it shows.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2006
5179 posts
41 upvotes
Midland
jg123 wrote: Recently I have had a Samsung dishwasher and fridge both die inside 5 years, fridge had issues after the first year.
Samsung Fridge, Mircowave and Stove - all are lemons. The central burner on the stove died in 1.5 years, the fridge vents and ice machine are all jammed with ice and I just hate the microwave.
Nov 13, 2019
22 posts
63 upvotes
Do yourself a favour and stay away from Samsung appliances, especially their dishwashers. I've hauled mine out many times. They are garbage.
Jul 5, 2008
551 posts
277 upvotes
jcoltage wrote: Samsung Fridge, Mircowave and Stove - all are lemons. The central burner on the stove died in 1.5 years, the fridge vents and ice machine are all jammed with ice and I just hate the microwave.
We have a Samsung Induction top stove. Love it and it's over four years old now. Wouldn't use anything but induction now and we've had every cooktop style there is.
Jan 27, 2015
320 posts
386 upvotes
King City, ON
I replaced a 15 year old microwave with a Samsung a few years ago. It died just after 2 years. The KitchenAid Gas Range and Fridge that it shared space with are still going strong after almost 20 years.
Aug 16, 2012
12 posts
12 upvotes
Winnipeg
Also have a Samsung induction cooktop & stove. It’s trash. The stove is +/- 50 degrees, horribly uneven heat, the induction cooktop works all right but it can’t support all the elements being on.
[OP]
Oct 17, 2004
643 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
2 things that I I think everyone needs to have in mind when looking at this item

+ Price is under $400
+ It is Costco so you can take it back if it dies on you
I'm too poor to buy crap
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1640 posts
933 upvotes
jcoltage wrote: Samsung Fridge, Mircowave and Stove - all are lemons. The central burner on the stove died in 1.5 years, the fridge vents and ice machine are all jammed with ice and I just hate the microwave.
Don't forget that Samsung Washing machines are designed to fail within 5 years as well. They purposely use two different types of metals that come in contact with each other and with water so that it rusts faster.
I'll Keep It Short and Sweet. Family, Religion, Friendship ... These Are the Three Demons You Must Slay if You Wish to Succeed in Business
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2434 posts
2068 upvotes
GTA
McAngus wrote: I replaced a 15 year old microwave with a Samsung a few years ago. It died just after 2 years. The KitchenAid Gas Range and Fridge that it shared space with are still going strong after almost 20 years.
Keep them as long as you can. Appliances today won't last that long.
Feb 20, 2006
216 posts
138 upvotes
I would advise stay away from Samsung appliance based on my own experience. Avoid at all cost.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3661 posts
1327 upvotes
I was going to get a Samsung but then I remembered everyone on RFD seems to hate them, got a Bosch instead and it's really solid

Bosch 300 but it's double the price after the energy rebate
Last edited by Squirrel99 on Jun 11th, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 5, 2009
233 posts
76 upvotes
Ottawa
My mom bough a Samsung Dishwasher and the bottom rack would always bump the side of the door when pushing it back in. Each time it would fall off the track, whether it was full or empty. She didn't want to return it, so I had to cut and modify part of the rack. There was zero QA done by Samsung on this dishwasher.