Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Samsung Dishwasher $374 after Ontario Energy savings

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2020 5:08 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1167 posts
464 upvotes
Friends dont let friends buy Samsung appliances.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5540 posts
5188 upvotes
kennyt18 wrote: Don't forget that Samsung Washing machines are designed to fail within 5 years as well. They purposely use two different types of metals that come in contact with each other and with water so that it rusts faster.
Oh please.

Every brand will have singular devices with lower reliability. They aren't 'designed' to fail 'within 5 years'.

FWIW, I have a 10 year old Samsung clothes washer and dryer, both units have been used almost EVERY DAY for the last 6 years (kids will increase your washer usage). The dryer failed last year with a broken belt, fixed it myself for about $50 (Samsung designs their units so that you can fix them without moving them or getting to the back of the unit, VERY convenient). Only issue with the washer is having to clean out the filter every few months.

Bought this particular Samsung dishwasher a couple years ago and it's been fantastic. Considering how often I use it (used to be once a day, with COVID and everyone eating at home often twice a day).

Only complaint? Samsung units play this weird song at the end of cycle, seems obtuse, and the song the dishwasher plays is an extension to the one the washing machine and dryer play.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
6473 posts
4484 upvotes
Kitchener
LOVE our Samsung appliances, no issues except with the 8 year old washing machine that cracked the spider bracket (which I took apart and replaced - what a pain in the butt finding a replacement).

Current Samsung appliances we own:
3X Refrigerators
2X Induction Stoves
2X Washers (one issue)
2X Dryers
1X Over the Range Microwave (Panasonic makes better ones)

That being said, I would steer clear of Samsung dishwashers and just go with ANYTHING made by Bosch. It just seems as if Samsung doesn't know how to make good dishwashers.
Last edited by Rob_EV on Jun 11th, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1219 posts
1497 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
S T A Y
A W A Y

Ours has been a PITA in our experience (came with the house brand new) and others we've talked to had the same issues. Stove is the same, almost every area with LEDs/lights has had to be replaced. Fridge has been surprisingly fine (expecting it to die tonight now lol).

Only benefit is ease of finding pretty cheap replacement parts.

There's a reason why Samsung appliances get roasted on every single website with reviews...
Dec 12, 2013
52 posts
45 upvotes
GTA
Agree with the lack of quality for Samsung dishwashers, they are junk. The previous owner of my house spend the money on a high end Samsung dishwasher, and it is crap.i would not spend the money on this one too replace it.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
32595 posts
6364 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
mk316 wrote: 2 things that I I think everyone needs to have in mind when looking at this item

+ Price is under $400
+ It is Costco so you can take it back if it dies on you
You get what you pay for. I don't like to abuse the generous Costco policy and the hassle of ripping out a dishwasher and replacing it every two years doesn't save you any money.

Samsung should stick to making cell phones and SSDs. I wouldn't even buy their televisions. Not a fan of their cell phones either.
Last edited by Gee on Jun 12th, 2020 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 13, 2010
145 posts
232 upvotes
mk316 wrote: 2 things that I I think everyone needs to have in mind when looking at this item

+ Price is under $400
+ It is Costco so you can take it back if it dies on you
Is Costco also going to fix the water damage in your Kitchen?
Jul 5, 2008
551 posts
277 upvotes
Rob_EV wrote: LOVE our Samsung appliances, no issues except with the 8 year old washing machine that cracked the spider bracket (which I took apart and replaced - what a pain in the butt finding a replacement).

Current Samsung appliances we own:
3X Refrigerators
2X Induction Stoves
2X Washers (one issue)
2X Dryers
1X Over the Range Microwave (Panasonic makes better ones)

That being said, I would steer clear of Samsung dishwashers and just go with ANYTHING made by Bosch. It just seems as if Samsung doesn't know how to make good dishwashers.
I agree on the Samsung items but I had a Bosch where the controls failed after two years. I could still turn it on an run a cycle but no way to change it or know what it was doing. Best dishwasher I've had was an Asko. After 12 yrs we sold the house and the dishwasher went with the sale, still working great.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1630 posts
726 upvotes
Laval
Had a Samsung dishwasher...failed within 1st year
..tech reolaced whole board...then adter that year...having draining issues ...then side seals would get all mushy and filled with goo

Bad...happy since we got our Bosch
Apr 13, 2010
145 posts
232 upvotes
repatch wrote: Only complaint? Samsung units play this weird song at the end of cycle, seems obtuse, and the song the dishwasher plays is an extension to the one the washing machine and dryer play.
@repatch Here, let me solve that mystery for you:

It sounds better from a real sound system than when a Samsung appliance plays it, but we can't really blame Samsung for not reproducing it in the highest quality, can we? :)

If you're sick of it, I think there's a way to turn it off:
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kit ... d-p/849147
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5540 posts
5188 upvotes
S1 wrote: @repatch Here, let me solve that mystery for you:

It sounds better from a real sound system than when a Samsung appliance plays it, but we can't really blame Samsung for not reproducing it in the highest quality, can we? :)

Thanks, never thought to look up the song it was playing.

Unfortunately turning off the song turns off ALL chimes (just tried again to make sure), which isn't any good since the 'turn on' chime, and job starting chime are actually useful. Since it's a touch panel you have no feedback that a button press happened other than the chimes, so that's no good.

I'm more annoyed with the fact that an engineer at Samsung wasted their time implementing the song and putting into the unit then anything else.
Aug 3, 2007
550 posts
262 upvotes
We bought a new house that had no appliances included... we purchased high end Samsung stove, fridge, dishwasher and microwave. We had issues with every single appliance, Samsung is a nightmare to deal with. I have been forced to replace it all on my own dime except for the fridge but it has issues (noisy, temp problems and no more ice). I will never buy another Samsung appliance again.
Apr 23, 2016
429 posts
485 upvotes
Kelowna
I've got this dishwasher. It's somewhat quiet. The dishes come out pretty wet. The buttons are awful and not very responsive. At 1.5 years it's starting to make a high pitch squealing sound which I believe is the pump.

I'm putting off dealing with it because the thought of calling Samsung technical support gives me heart palpitations.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1630 posts
726 upvotes
Laval
R35gtr wrote: I've got this dishwasher. It's somewhat quiet. The dishes come out pretty wet. The buttons are awful and not very responsive. At 1.5 years it's starting to make a high pitch squealing sound which I believe is the pump.

I'm putting off dealing with it because the thought of calling Samsung technical support gives me heart palpitations.
I had an excellent service from Samsung when I had to get some work done on my new dishwasher...tech came to repair and replaced the main board rather quickly and easy. Didnt have to embark on any long negotiation.

Give that to them
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1997 posts
1344 upvotes
Calgary
S1 wrote: @repatch Here, let me solve that mystery for you:

Hilarious - we have had a Samsung washer/dryer for 8 years and we have always joked that maybe the song it was playing was the Samsung theme song or the national anthem of South Korea.