Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Samsung Dishwasher $374 after Ontario Energy savings

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2020 5:08 pm
May 30, 2015
635 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TaraNoodle wrote: We bought a new house that had no appliances included... we purchased high end Samsung stove, fridge, dishwasher and microwave.
Same thing here but also the washer and dryer and guess what, not a single problem in 5 years. We must be doing something wrong.

But even if I am 100% satisfied with all those appliances, I wont ever buy another Samsung product because they have the worst customer service on earth.
Jan 13, 2012
356 posts
373 upvotes
Vancouver
Trav wrote: I dont know if the 3021 is much better, but i have a DW80M2020US which i hate with a passion. Its like the person who had my house before me wanted the cheapest dishwasher possible, and it shows.
Funny, the people who bought our place didn't like our dishwasher, and part of our sale included a new one being installed. So they got a downgrade from a full stainless unit to the finest, cheapest one on the market. I think it was Frigidaire, but it was a definite step down.
May 17, 2006
55 posts
49 upvotes
I have the older model of this dishwasher without the metal handle and have been using it daily for over 4 years with no issues.

Got this one a few months ago for my mother. There is nothing wrong with this dishwasher. It is great value for the money, performs well, is reasonably quiet and it looks good. If it conks out after a few years, I am not going to lose sleep over $374. Installing and removing a dishwasher is very easy. They are not heavy, and fit in any hatchback vehicle.
Last edited by ydmf on Jun 12th, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*wink*
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6512 posts
2852 upvotes
Samsung is a bad brand. Clothes dryer the belt is designed to fail - they got like 30-40lbs of pressure sitting on 1cm of belt while the machine is in use. Design decisions meant to almost guarantee you'll need servicing from them within the first 2 years.
Last edited by badOne on Jun 11th, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 6, 2013
656 posts
88 upvotes
WATERLOO
Isn’t the Ontario energy savings program now over? How are you able to apply it to this purchase?
Mar 21, 2009
256 posts
183 upvotes
Hamilton
kennyt18 wrote: Don't forget that Samsung Washing machines are designed to fail within 5 years as well. They purposely use two different types of metals that come in contact with each other and with water so that it rusts faster.
Would agree with that. My brother had one. Died after 4 years. The private service tech said he's written death certificates for dozens of them.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2440 posts
1224 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
mk316 wrote: 2 things that I I think everyone needs to have in mind when looking at this item

+ Price is under $400
+ It is Costco so you can take it back if it dies on you
One does not simply return a dishwasher. You've got to go through the hassle of finding a way to disconnect the thing and then haul it over.
This space for rent.
Aug 16, 2008
571 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
I would avoid Samsung as well as I've heard of lots of problems with all their appliances.

If someone is looking for a good alternative available in GTA:

https://www.taappliance.com/en/product/ ... dwt25502ss

It's a basic washer. No drying or mulching. I've had it three years with no issues.

There is a blog about it here:
https://blog.yaleappliance.com/should-y ... appliances

Same price as the Samsung.
Fido $15/3gb less 50% for 24 months x 3
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
3486 posts
645 upvotes
R35gtr wrote: ...The dishes come out pretty wet....
I don't have this dishwasher but I have a new washer and things came out wet until I used rinseaid. My old dishwasher didn't need rinseaid but I think that's because it used more power to dry the dishes.
jcoltage wrote: Samsung Fridge, Mircowave and Stove - all are lemons. The central burner on the stove died in 1.5 years, the fridge vents and ice machine are all jammed with ice and I just hate the microwave.
If your ice machine is in the door, a salesman told me that you're supposed to empty the ice machine monthly. The storage area isn't as cold as the deep inside of your freezer and it warms up when you open the door. He also said that this instruction is in the manual.

I got a diff style and brand where the ice maker is on the interior because I don't need water dispenser.
Apr 26, 2020
15 posts
2 upvotes
Don't buy this. I bought one 3 years ago and the motor broke after 3 months. It made grinding noises and stopped pumping water into the arms. Technicians came and replaced the motor. It stopped working after a week. It wasn't cleaning any dishes at the top rack, always leaving residues from other dishes there. I told them about my problem again and they decided to send me a new one. Same issue. For some reason Samsung doesn't know how to properly drain the residues before pumping it back with clean water into the arms. It's very quiet though, but it's probably cause it's not doing its job Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

Prior to this I had a cheapest GE one from the last people living in the house. It was nosy but got the job done everytime until it died.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
1964 posts
1321 upvotes
Calgary
Like I said above, we have had our Samsung washer/dryer for 8 years now with no major issues. But we just researched new dishwashers (ended up buying a Bosch), and Consumer Reports had Samsung right near the bottom of the list.
Mar 7, 2011
40 posts
162 upvotes
Niagara
I had to login in to tell you, DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG APPLIANCES!! They are the worst. Bought all brand new.
Dishwasher-dead and out at the curb less than 2 years.
Stove/oven - all convection fans have died, 3 of them. Replaced 1 small one and the large one. Easy fix, but $60-$100 each, can't find the other small now.
Washing machine- recall after recall. Washes like shit. Independent contractor to fix it, said don't buy Samsung appliances, electronics are fine. Unbalanced drum during rinse, keeps cycling- load water, drain, spin, complain, repeat - if you are not at home, look forward to a nice water bill.
Dryer sounds so bad, runs forever
Fridge- all side selves are broken, can't hold anything. Using duct tape to keep them up.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1638 posts
933 upvotes

I'll Keep It Short and Sweet. Family, Religion, Friendship ... These Are the Three Demons You Must Slay if You Wish to Succeed in Business
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1776 posts
1437 upvotes
Toronto
Dukman wrote: I would avoid Samsung as well as I've heard of lots of problems with all their appliances.

If someone is looking for a good alternative available in GTA:

https://www.taappliance.com/en/product/ ... dwt25502ss

It's a basic washer. No drying or mulching. I've had it three years with no issues.

There is a blog about it here:
https://blog.yaleappliance.com/should-y ... appliances

Same price as the Samsung.
Funny you quote Yale appliances and not seeing their "Most reliable dishwasher" article

https://blog.yaleappliance.com/most-rel ... ishwashers

The most reliable dishwasher brands for 2020 are:

Whirlpool
LG
Samsung
Bosch
KitchenAid
Thermador
Miele
Fisher & Paykel
Jenn-Air
Asko

So,... LG and Samsung ahead of Bosch, KitchenAid and Miele.

Should one trust their review on Blomberg but not their article based on data on reliability?

RFD loves to hate Samsung (and LG to some degree) when it comes to appliances. If it's justified or not, I don't know.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Aug 5, 2009
85 posts
62 upvotes
Ottawa
Hate to pile on here but I too bought a Samsung dishwasher and it died in just over 3 years - fully dead not turning on. Also have a Samsung stove and the control panel is flashing ominously after 2 years. Also have a Samsung washer/dryer but those have been fine so far.