Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Samsung Dishwasher $374 after Ontario Energy savings

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2020 5:08 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5555 posts
5200 upvotes
neonic wrote: Funny you quote Yale appliances and not seeing their "Most reliable dishwasher" article

https://blog.yaleappliance.com/most-rel ... ishwashers

The most reliable dishwasher brands for 2020 are:

Whirlpool
LG
Samsung
Bosch
KitchenAid
Thermador
Miele
Fisher & Paykel
Jenn-Air
Asko

So,... LG and Samsung ahead of Bosch, KitchenAid and Miele.

Should one trust their review on Blomberg but not their article based on data on reliability?

RFD loves to hate Samsung (and LG to some degree) when it comes to appliances. If it's justified or not, I don't know.
It's not an RFD thing, but a common human thing.

First off: people experiencing something bad are FAR more vocal than those experiencing something good with a brand. The result is massively skewed negativity.

Second: people don't accept that brands can change. Once a brand has been deemed 'unreliable', it remains there for a LONG time. Look at LG with their phones. Mention ANY LG phone, and you get a torrent of people who suffered through the G4 bootloop issue, a phone from 5 years ago. People were legitimately burned by that phone, and even though the G5 was FAR better (but not perfect), and the G6, G7 & G8 have been basically perfect, they still swear they'll never pick up an LG phone.

It's odd though because there is some 'prebias' and fanboyism involved. Apple has had numerous 'quality' and design issues, yet the majority give them a pass. Samsung had a phone that literally tried to burn people's houses down and was BANNED from almost every airline, yet they got a pass there too.

So, has Samsung had problems with their applicances? Yup, absolutely. Have they been worse, over the past 20 years than everybody else? Nope, not a chance. Are they pretty much average? Yup.

Reliability goes up and down, but people only see the down.

Again, I've got 3 Samsung appliances and they've been no less reliable then any other appliance I've had.

Note that no matter WHAT appliance you buy today, it WILL NOT last as long as something your parents bought in the 70s (or whatever). Appliance reliability, ACROSS the board, has been going down for a while.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
5418 posts
956 upvotes
Samsung appliances are generally considered garbage.
Mar 6, 2018
79 posts
43 upvotes
Their appliances wont last like their smartphones, trash within 2 years
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2002
1211 posts
565 upvotes
Oakville
Sadly Samsung appliances have a short life span. I didn’t have luck with any of them. Keep away.
[OP]
Oct 17, 2004
644 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
TheImp wrote: One does not simply return a dishwasher. You've got to go through the hassle of finding a way to disconnect the thing and then haul it over.
Kind of easy to install actually. Size would fit fine in a small SUV.

Did install myself and I'm not that handy. Just a few youtube videos and you'll be good to go if you are replacing an existing one and using same connectors.

I'm a bit surprised that all commentary has evolved into a Samsung appliance review board and not much discussion about the deal and the price.

My 2 year old dishwasher, a Frigidaire died and the fix was a control board. I decided it made more sense to replace it since the price difference would be about $200. I tested the new one which is a step up in my opinion and I'm happy with it so far.
I'm too poor to buy crap
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2006
5179 posts
41 upvotes
Midland
poorwingman wrote:
If your ice machine is in the door, a salesman told me that you're supposed to empty the ice machine monthly. The storage area isn't as cold as the deep inside of your freezer and it warms up when you open the door. He also said that this instruction is in the manual.

I got a diff style and brand where the ice maker is on the interior because I don't need water dispenser.
Mine is internal: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sa ... s/13366569

The Samsung Fridge is going to the basement to spend however long its remaining life is. Can't believe it still on the showroom floor of Lowes/Home Depot after CBC Marketplace torpedoed that model.
Jan 15, 2016
191 posts
39 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Samsung appliances are trash