Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Samsung Dishwasher DW80M3021US $329 + energy savings 25%

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2019 5:11 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2913 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
Every single thread mentioning Samsung appliances is the same thing. Not defending any brand, I couldn't care less about them, but literally the first google result says otherwise?

https://blog.yaleappliance.com/are-sams ... s-reliable

Dishwashers: 85 serviced / 915 sold - 9.29%

I was surprised at the reliability of the dishwasher as only a few have fewer repairs within the first year.

It’s statistically more reliable than a Miele dishwasher, known for reliability.

2019 Reliability for Dishwashers:
Brand Service Qty | Shipped Qty | Service Ratio
Samsung 85 | 915 | 9.29 %
Bosch 303 | 2735 | 11.08 %
Miele 155 | 1078 | 14.38 %

https://blog.yaleappliance.com/bid/8633 ... nce-brands

Puls also have a huge report on appliances:
https://blog.puls.com/appliance-repair-report

I mean, I'm not saying go and buy Samsung stuff - if you think any other brand is better, and you can afford it, by all means, get that one. You vote with your wallet...

But is it really that bad? Something is not matching here...
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
3164 posts
3358 upvotes
57330 downvotes
neonic wrote: Every single thread mentioning Samsung appliances is the same thing. Not defending any brand, I couldn't care less about them, but literally the first google result says otherwise?

https://blog.yaleappliance.com/are-sams ... s-reliable

Dishwashers: 85 serviced / 915 sold - 9.29%

I was surprised at the reliability of the dishwasher as only a few have fewer repairs within the first year.

It’s statistically more reliable than a Miele dishwasher, known for reliability.

2019 Reliability for Dishwashers:
Brand Service Qty | Shipped Qty | Service Ratio
Samsung 85 | 915 | 9.29 %
Bosch 303 | 2735 | 11.08 %
Miele 155 | 1078 | 14.38 %

https://blog.yaleappliance.com/bid/8633 ... nce-brands

Puls also have a huge report on appliances:
https://blog.puls.com/appliance-repair-report

I mean, I'm not saying go and buy Samsung stuff - if you think any other brand is better, and you can afford it, by all means, get that one. You vote with your wallet...

But is it really that bad? Something is not matching here...
There are a lot of samsung appliances out there so the negative reviews seems greater than all the other brands.

Also keep in mind that only when someone has an issue do they voice their opinion.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
In4mer514 wrote: Great deal but high failure rate... If you check on Costco site you can snag s whirlpool for a good deal
I checked the site out and it seems almost every review is a paid promotion. How can you trust those reviews??
Dec 22, 2010
755 posts
738 upvotes
Ontario
KiraSensei wrote: There are a lot of samsung appliances out there so the negative reviews seems greater than all the other brands.

Also keep in mind that only when someone has an issue do they voice their opinion.
You can also see a comment like, "stay away from Korean Auto and appliances". It looks like some of the negative comments are personal attacks from personal grudge. It's pretty common here on RFD.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
If anyone needs a Samsung repair man... Hit me up, I'm basically one now after repeatedly fixing all the Samsung appliances that have broken down over the years.
Feb 20, 2006
700 posts
568 upvotes
simplypop wrote: **** I hate Samsung. My Samsung fridge had ice build up, started occurring after 4 years. My Samsung clothes washer was on the “recall” list for exploding, but they wouldn’t take it back. Offered me $200 rebate on another Samsung ONLY. I told them to shove it and I’ll keep the pos. So they sent a tech, took off the cover and literally strapped all the pieces that go flying together so they wouldn’t fly everywhere when it explodes. Lastly my Samsung dishwasher just died after five years of minimal use. Google all these problems they are common.

I’m never buying a Samsung again. Not even a phone.
I have the Samsung fridge. AVOID samsung appliance at all cost.
Lewiejames wrote: Same here, my Samsung fridge has the ice build up behind the twin cooler thing. Ice machine is also hit and miss, sometimes produces ice and sometime not...painfully now that it’s -15 it can’t stop churning ice, cone the summer I am sure it’ll stop! I also have a glass top stove, one of the elements has buggered, works but the hot plate icon is always lit.. cost $100 to repair myself, so probably thousands by a tech! Once one packs in I’ll sell both and go whirlpool, basically anything but South Korea.
I have exact same issue with the glass top stove hot plate icon, and i don't even bother to fix it.
Last edited by hchai on Dec 11th, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4047 posts
3277 upvotes
Ottawa
Gtsourapis wrote: Anyone know when Costco starts selling their Lacoste polos?
WTH does it have to do with this thread?

I don't have any Samsung appliances and I probably stay that way for a long time.

I have a Bosch fridge (icemaker stopped working after 8 years) and a Bosch dishwasher going 8+ years without an issue and several sets of LG front load laundry pairs, no issue either.
Dec 3, 2010
701 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
"avoid Samsung appliances” - local Home Depot appliances sales person said to me after I was about to buy a set of Samsung washer/dryer 5 years ago.

Went with LG in the end. No issues so far.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2104 posts
2931 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Arent all these made by the same manufacturer and just rebranded anyway?
Aug 3, 2007
629 posts
366 upvotes
We purchased all new kitchen appliances 8 years ago and bought Samsung - they were all gorgeous and top of the line (Fridge, Dishwasher, Stove, Microwave/hood).

Everything was a nightmare and Samsung could care less. The dishwasher was the worst and after it was repaired numerous times and replaced twice we convinced Sears to give us our money back and we bought a Bosch (zero issues in 6 years). The fridge was a joke and after a few repairs, they replaced it two years in with a different model but now that Samsung fridge has issues (ice maker - mother board needs to be replaced and it is very noisy). The stove is okay but one burner never worked properly and now doesn't work at all. The microwave was okay but the door broke and I repaired it myself and then this year it just died and was not worth the cost of the repair so we replaced it.

I will never purchase another Samsung appliance, not even with a full lifetime warranty because there is way too much hassle waiting for repairs or you are stuck with installation fees for replacements.
Last edited by TaraNoodle on Dec 11th, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9238 upvotes
The NORTH
superxxxstud wrote: Arent all these made by the same manufacturer and just rebranded anyway?
No.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2577 posts
1733 upvotes
We have a samsung kitchen (all bought by the previous owners) out of it only the dishwasher has sucked, all other appliances have been good in the past 3 years. YMMV That being said, once this dishwasher fails again, im going Bosch 500 series.