Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4 in. 64 GB, Wi-Fi Tablet $457.99 w/flip case

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2020 10:18 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9944 posts
820 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4 in. 64 GB, Wi-Fi Tablet $457.99 w/flip case

Costco has samsung tab s6 lite includes a case
$20 regular price

https://www.costco.ca/samsung-galaxy-ta ... 960.html[i][/i]
Last edited by akito925 on Jul 1st, 2020 9:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
18 replies
Aug 21, 2018
63 posts
111 upvotes
Any reason why I should choose this tablet over the regular iPad?
Aug 29, 2016
16 posts
4 upvotes
yeah its crazy this "s" line tablet is way worse in specs compared to the s5e which is a year old at the same price?!
Nov 26, 2014
249 posts
440 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Get the iPad air on the student deal and sell your free airpods. It will cost about the same as this and you'll have a better tablet.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8627 posts
4992 upvotes
Toronto
r3dcomet wrote: yeah its crazy this "s" line tablet is way worse in specs compared to the s5e which is a year old at the same price?!
Well it's called "Lite" but it's no S6e if that's where your thinking goes, probably belongs more in the A line. It's the first S tab without AMOLED screen or fingerprint reader.
Aug 29, 2016
16 posts
4 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Well it's called "Lite" but it's no S6e if that's where your thinking goes, probably belongs more in the A line. It's the first S tab without AMOLED screen or fingerprint reader.

Agreed would be better suit for the A line....the screen is worse than the S2 ffs. Not sure how this justifies this price tag even on sale
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
3948 posts
1604 upvotes
Quebec
i am looking for a nice and big tablet to play game, witch one do you guys suggest?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4188 posts
2277 upvotes
r3dcomet wrote: yeah its crazy this "s" line tablet is way worse in specs compared to the s5e which is a year old at the same price?!
and now it's $20 off!

Tablet choices are terrible if you look away from iPads. I'm not a fan of iOS devices at all but when it comes to tablets, Apple has the best user experience.

Android tablets are so hit or miss, either they're bargain basement specs held together by hot glue and loose promises or priced so high you might as well go iPad or even a Chromebook tablet 2 in 1 or Surface.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2010
1301 posts
617 upvotes
I also prefer iPad over Androids tablets (owned 2 of them), but one of the big selling point of Samsung's tablet is the AMOLED screen. Without it in this one, it's not that interesting.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2234 posts
429 upvotes
York
This is only a good deal if you want to draw a lot and you want a budget tablet as it includes the s-pen. With the iPad you need to fork over another $129 for the 1st Gen Pencil on a base iPad.

It's a shame they got rid of the AMOLED screen though as that's the Galaxy Tab's main selling point.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4350 upvotes
Alberta
Still not a good deal, I wouldn't buy any S tablet without a Amoled screen.
Nov 24, 2018
270 posts
166 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
I was shopping for a Tablet.
There was several choice, Ipad air/ pro and 10.2 inch; S4, S5e and S6 back in March. S6 lite was not out back then.

Depend how your usage is; I end up finding an AAA+ used S4 on kijiji; paid 400$.
It came with Android 9 (Just updated 2 days ago with OTA to Anrdoid 10). The AMOLED on the S4; S5e; S6 plus the Dolby Atmos Stereo Speaker will blow the Ipad away.
I connect to an PS4 for remote play.
I hook up my PS4 shock controller via bluetooth and play remotely. Apparently Ipad can also.
S4 has a good aspect ratio; Ipad is quite squarish for game play.
I also emulate with Retroarch, fairly easy to transfer files with the SD card.

S5e. S6, are very light; but no 3.5mm jack.
The S-pen is also a selling point since its included with the Samsung (Apple you have to buy extra).

Also; Android has SD card slot!!! I store lots of movie and stuff in there and let my kids watch. i only have 64gb, but put in another 256gb SD (29$ from costco).
Ipad will never match this.
Also; i have a OTA TV Tunner dongle. I use it to watch live TV.
https://www.mygica.com/product/atsc-tuner/
Last edited by BertL67369 on Jun 30th, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7318 posts
729 upvotes
Toronto
Finally upgraded from my original 10.5 Tab S to a Tab S4 barely used with a keyboard a few months back on letgo for $300.. The reason I didn't just buy a regular Ipad is the screen on the S4. The rest of the differences did not sway me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)