Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

SanDisk Extreme Portable 1TB Solid State Drive (SSD) For $149.99 (online) , $139.99(in store)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2021 6:27 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1546 posts
1439 upvotes
CFRTim wrote: Yes, but how does it compare with the infernal one for loading times of last gen games
I'm using some old 240gb SSD from my 2015 laptop on my Xbox with an adapter and loading times are almost as good as the internal SSD. I haven't really noticed any load times that would make me think it's slow at all.

I assume this one will be faster than the one I'm using so I think you'll be fine.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5761 posts
3916 upvotes
Toronto
Feels Good Man wrote: I'm using some old 240gb SSD from my 2015 laptop on my Xbox with an adapter and loading times are almost as good as the internal SSD. I haven't really noticed any load times that would make me think it's slow at all.

I assume this one will be faster than the one I'm using so I think you'll be fine.
Decent chance the speed is about the same. This isn't a particularly fast drive though games don't really benefit much from significantly faster drives anyways.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1077 posts
662 upvotes
Somewhere between Mi…
kool_buddy wrote: I went to Costco again yesterday and ended up getting this as it is cheaper at the warehouse but after reading all the feedback on this forum, I am reluctant to even open it. I still have to see what can I purchase with my $200 voucher on Costco.ca.
Like another poster here said, you can also consider the Samsung T5. That's what I used my $50 gift card on and I'm very happy with it. Lots of reviews out there but it's a bit more money. I would use the $200 voucher for groceries instead and buy the drive outright. You are probably less likely to return a complete order of groceries than a SSD if it came to that.
Last edited by reddyflag on Jul 7th, 2021 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 14, 2005
397 posts
166 upvotes
Brampton
WOW, great price for a TB SSD drive.
Sony XBR65X900H, Panasonic TH-50PX77U, Denon AVR-X3800H, Pioneer vsx-1325, Sony UBP-X800M2, klipsch Ref 82, Cervin-Wega E76-c, Klipsch 12" Sub, JBL-10 Sub, Polk-Audio Surround speakers, Harmony Ultimate, Playstation 5, Wii, WiiU, AppleTV 4K,
Jan 21, 2017
988 posts
339 upvotes
Would this work well as an external drive for photo editing ?
May 11, 2014
488 posts
217 upvotes
MTL, QC
DPR2017 wrote: Would this work well as an external drive for photo editing ?
Yes for sure.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6304 upvotes
Prince George
Buying an enclosure plus an M.2 NVMe drive would put you in the same ballpark price wise, and you could probably get more performance out of it. But it's not Costco warranty or plug and play I guess.
Jun 13, 2017
700 posts
468 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
I don't understand people who say X is better than this deal. X also costs more.
"If you offend the OP instead of thanking him, I will gladly report you for either harassment or off-topic."

ArloCopter
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2106 posts
3926 upvotes
Surrey
yup using it as boot drive on iMac
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1546 posts
1439 upvotes
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: Buying an enclosure plus an M.2 NVMe drive would put you in the same ballpark price wise, and you could probably get more performance out of it. But it's not Costco warranty or plug and play I guess.
Do you have any recommendations? Looking to get this but open for options

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)