Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Save $500 when buying 3 major kitchen appliances

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2020 1:05 pm
[OP]
Member
Jun 20, 2008
322 posts
424 upvotes
Winnipeg

[Costco] Save $500 when buying 3 major kitchen appliances

Costco has a 3 day deal on major appliances. Put any 2 appliances in your cart and there is an automatic $200 discount, and any 3 appliances brings a $500 discount. You can mix and match any brands or appliances you want. There are a few exceptions, such as the Bosch 800 series that already has a thread going, but this seems like a great chance to put together your own kitchen set.

I am taking possession of a new home in June and we need all new appliances. Any suggestions on the best combo of dishwasher/fridge/range that can be put together for between $3000-$5000?
Last edited by mnikkel on Apr 11th, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
33 replies
Newbie
Apr 4, 2013
69 posts
8 upvotes
Never feel you have to get same brand for your kitchen. I would get the following:

Fridge: Samsung
DW: Bosch
Stove: KitchenAid

Walk into a applicance store like Trail and ask what's brand is reliable. They know as they see what items come back for servicing or warranty issues.

Tell you buying for house and planning to buy ABC for kitchen. Just lie to them as they lie to us.

Good luck.
Member
Oct 2, 2016
494 posts
175 upvotes
bumbo73 wrote: Never feel you have to get same brand for your kitchen. I would get the following:

Fridge: Samsung
DW: Bosch
Stove: KitchenAid

Walk into a applicance store like Trail and ask what's brand is reliable. They know as they see what items come back for servicing or warranty issues.

Tell you buying for house and planning to buy ABC for kitchen. Just lie to them as they lie to us.

Good luck.
May I ask why would you recommend these brands? Are they based on function, appearance, reliability or something else? I have been trying to find the most reliable brands for electric range, laundry pairs and fridge, but all brands seems to have mixed review.
Member
Nov 22, 2013
206 posts
196 upvotes
I don’t see any details or small print. i added a washer dryer and don’t see any extra discount other than the Eco rebate here in Ontario.

Is that normal?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5641 posts
1408 upvotes
Costco is great
but their appliance delivery is absolute dogshit.

i would not recommend ordering from Costco to my worst enemy.

every single one of my appliances arrived damaged. they delivered a completely wrong model of range .

i ordered in December and I am still without the correct range

and now because of Covid 19 they are happy to deliver the new replacement to my doorstep only and not remove the old one -- this helps no one.

i'd never order from Costco again
ever
Member
Oct 31, 2015
456 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto, ON
milolai wrote: Costco is great
but their appliance delivery is absolute dogshit.

i would not recommend ordering from Costco to my worst enemy.

every single one of my appliances arrived damaged. they delivered a completely wrong model of range .

i ordered in December and I am still without the correct range

and now because of Covid 19 they are happy to deliver the new replacement to my doorstep only and not remove the old one -- this helps no one.

i'd never order from Costco again
ever
Hmmm,

I have ordered my entire kitchen from Costco, my brother in law is a contractor and has ordered about 40-50 appliances from Costco with zero issues.
Loves it because he gives his customers 2 year warranty.

I would also bet you that the same delivery companies are used across most of Canada and just subcontracted out. Don't ever see branded appliance trucks driving around.
Member
Oct 31, 2015
456 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zhaobinis1 wrote: May I ask why would you recommend these brands? Are they based on function, appearance, reliability or something else? I have been trying to find the most reliable brands for electric range, laundry pairs and fridge, but all brands seems to have mixed review.
LG for Laundry, Bosch for dishwasher,

Fridge, range is really a crapshoot. I haven't seen too many people say bad things about any ranges. Fridge you hear bad from everyone...
Member
Oct 31, 2015
456 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Randalpink73 wrote: I don’t see any details or small print. i added a washer dryer and don’t see any extra discount other than the Eco rebate here in Ontario.

Is that normal?
Appears to be kitchen only
Jr. Member
Nov 12, 2017
125 posts
72 upvotes
Calgary
I recently noticed Costco appliance purchase has no longer come with installation or haul away.... did anyone notice this change?
Member
Oct 31, 2015
456 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hsiaolunwang606689 wrote: I recently noticed Costco appliance purchase has no longer come with installation or haul away.... did anyone notice this change?
Yeah its because of COVID. No one is delivering in homes as of now... nor should they. I doubt you want a two people who have been in 100 other houses that week... walking and touching things in your house.
Jr. Member
Feb 13, 2019
166 posts
54 upvotes
bumbo73 wrote: Never feel you have to get same brand for your kitchen. I would get the following:

Fridge: Samsung
DW: Bosch
Stove: KitchenAid

Walk into a applicance store like Trail and ask what's brand is reliable. They know as they see what items come back for servicing or warranty issues.

Tell you buying for house and planning to buy ABC for kitchen. Just lie to them as they lie to us.
Good luck.

DO NOT GET A SAMSUNG FRIDGE
COILS FREEZE UP FOOD SPOILS AND NO FIXES
TECH BEEN HERE 5 TIMES
Last edited by Programmer97 on Apr 11th, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 10, 2004
4041 posts
1376 upvotes
Edmonton
Randalpink73 wrote: I don’t see any details or small print. i added a washer dryer and don’t see any extra discount other than the Eco rebate here in Ontario.

Is that normal?
I can't get any discount on washers and dryers... so not really sure what applies to their bundle savings.
Member
Oct 7, 2003
399 posts
142 upvotes
Programmer97 wrote: DO NOT GET A SAMSUNG FRIDGE
COILS FREEZE UP AND NO FIXES
TECH BEEN HERE 5 TIMES
This. Pretty much don’t get any Samsung appliances except for maybe a stove. Samsung fridges are horrid
[OP]
Member
Jun 20, 2008
322 posts
424 upvotes
Winnipeg
Okay, so it looks likes it's only kitchen appliances so I'll adjust the title. Any appliance that says BUNDLE OFFER AVAILABLE will work. I did find a handy glitch if you happen to be getting a Bosch Dishwasher. I think most of them say that you have to get the specific junction box separately for installation for $25. However, that junction box counts as an appliance in the cart. So, I have a diswasher, fridge, and the junction box with $500 off. Image
Images
  • costco cart.jpg
Last edited by mnikkel on Apr 11th, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1577 posts
285 upvotes
Programmer97 wrote: DO NOT GET A SAMSUNG FRIDGE
COILS FREEZE UP AND NO FIXES
TECH BEEN HERE 5 TIMES
Agreed, same thing happened here. There's supposedly a 'kit' available to fix but doubt this is permanant.

Samsung electric stove and dryer purchased at the same time are also broken.

Meanwhile same LG appliances purchased a year later for another house are all working fine.

But stay away from those Samsung fridges in particular
Member
Aug 21, 2011
247 posts
187 upvotes
Montreal
mnikkel wrote: So, I have a diswasher, fridge, and the junction box with $500 off.
Good find !
Looks like you took the last junction box however ;-)
Member
Dec 3, 2008
405 posts
338 upvotes
hsiaolunwang606689 wrote: I recently noticed Costco appliance purchase has no longer come with installation or haul away.... did anyone notice this change?
I had a freezer ordered right before they changed their policy. They sent an email regarding the change and gave me $50 credit for the inconvenience.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 12, 2011
2835 posts
1183 upvotes
Markham
bumbo73 wrote: Never feel you have to get same brand for your kitchen. I would get the following:

Fridge: Samsung
DW: Bosch
Stove: KitchenAid

Walk into a applicance store like Trail and ask what's brand is reliable. They know as they see what items come back for servicing or warranty issues.

Tell you buying for house and planning to buy ABC for kitchen. Just lie to them as they lie to us.

Good luck.
I agree with your point but Samsung for appliance is just dumb
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Member
Feb 28, 2011
400 posts
666 upvotes
ottawa
mnikkel wrote: Costco has a 3 day deal on major appliances. Put any 2 appliances in your cart and there is an automatic $200 discount, and any 3 appliances brings a $500 discount. You can mix and match any brands or appliances you want. There are a few exceptions, such as the Bosch 800 series that already has a thread going, but this seems like a great chance to put together your own kitchen set.

I am taking possession of a new home in June and we need all new appliances. Any suggestions on the best combo of dishwasher/fridge/range that can be put together for between $3000-$5000?
I followed advice of my appliances tech who is fixing them for living. I got whirlpool fridge and stove and, Bosch dishwasher. I also got amana microwave but, it was damaged so I sent it back and reordered new one. Costco is not bad for buying appliances, they did price adjustment for me, I bought my fridge for 1645$, it went down $100 next week, I submitted price adjustment online and week later got my $100 back plus tax.

Samsung according to my tech are the worst and lg not far behind. All brands nowadays will not last so, choose best serviceable which are whirlpool, Maytag, amana

Also, if you are using Costco MasterCard it would double the warranty. I read somewhere that MasterCard will recognize 2 years Costco warranty and doubles it as long as you pay for appliances in full, no gift certificates or, other method mixed in. You can check with MC on that. Costco also sells addit warranty.
Member
Aug 12, 2003
460 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Programmer97 wrote: DO NOT GET A SAMSUNG FRIDGE
COILS FREEZE UP FOOD SPOILS AND NO FIXES
TECH BEEN HERE 5 TIMES
Same issue. Had out of warranty service, cost a bunch. Now leaking water.

Top