Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Sealy Posturepedic Bismark King Mattress $699 (Reg $1049)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2020 9:53 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 17, 2017
168 posts
246 upvotes
Ottawa

[Costco] Sealy Posturepedic Bismark King Mattress $699 (Reg $1049)

Sealy® Posturepedic® Cushion Firm Euro-top Mattress
Available With or Without Box spring
Made in Canada
Last edited by maxpayne77 on Dec 20th, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20 replies
Member
Jul 14, 2009
452 posts
825 upvotes
GTA
Don't know why Costco.ca reviews seem pretty terrible for all the Sealy Posturepedic mattresses, anyone have any feedback/reviews to share?
Thanks in advance =)
Sr. Member
Aug 17, 2008
957 posts
505 upvotes
SASKATOON
I wish people would say how much they weigh when they review mattresses.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2666 posts
1335 upvotes
B.C.
ripjohnnyc wrote: I wish people would say how much they weigh when they review mattresses.
Me too.

and then websites could let you sort by weight! Even better if they filter by weight.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2666 posts
1335 upvotes
B.C.
I'm very tempted to buy this. I want a firm mattress!

Comparing mattresses is nearly impossible until you get to the highest end ones. Everything low end is store specific and impossible to cross compare. You can kind of look at the specs and the brand and see what is out there... and take it wth a grain of salt.
Sr. Member
Sep 23, 2014
645 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TimBitz wrote: Don't know why Costco.ca reviews seem pretty terrible for all the Sealy Posturepedic mattresses, anyone have any feedback/reviews to share?
Thanks in advance =)
I have the Posturepedic Corey from Costco and it's pretty good so far, matress is firm and comfortable. I thought i'd prefer memory foam, but they're just too soft for me. This matress is hybrid so it's a good middle groud.

Only thing i don't like is Sealy strict warranty policy: no stain, requires bed frame with proper support, and sale receipt.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 19, 2007
614 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
TimBitz wrote: Don't know why Costco.ca reviews seem pretty terrible for all the Sealy Posturepedic mattresses, anyone have any feedback/reviews to share?
Thanks in advance =)
I have a Sealy posturpedic that on paper seems similar to this one. But I don't know how various models compare in reality. I bought mine through the Fairmont store. So it is the same mattress as in the Fairmont hotels. The pillow top is soft and plush enough to be comfy but not so thick as to feel like there is no support. Under the pillow top layer is very supportive with minimal motion transfer. I love it. I'm about 185 lbs btw.

Edit: https://canada.fairmontstore.com/collec ... irmont-bed
Member
User avatar
Apr 13, 2004
273 posts
169 upvotes
York Region, Ontario
700 coils for a queen...not exactly a high end mattress.

Please don't skimp on a mattress. You spend half your life on it. Quality sleep deserves the investment.
Member
Dec 31, 2018
224 posts
169 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: I have the Posturepedic Corey from Costco and it's pretty good so far, matress is firm and comfortable. I thought i'd prefer memory foam, but they're just too soft for me. This matress is hybrid so it's a good middle groud.

Only thing i don't like is Sealy strict warranty policy: no stain, requires bed frame with proper support, and sale receipt.
Who needs a warranty from Sealy when you buy from Costco... who have the best “warranty” policy
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2666 posts
1335 upvotes
B.C.
::2dFx:: wrote: 700 coils for a queen...not exactly a high end mattress.

Please don't skimp on a mattress. You spend half your life on it. Quality sleep deserves the investment.
How do you tell though?

Reviews are highly subjective. Price varies widely something Costco sells for $1000 might be $2000 somewhere else and on a regular sale cycle.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 24, 2011
642 posts
355 upvotes
Sherbrooke
So yea, I was looking for a mattress. I have gone to linen chest and tried all the mattresses there. I finally ended up with the idea that I needed the tempurpedic proalign king mattress at 3299.00.

Linen chest actually price matches and gives 10% of the difference.

I tried to find Tempurpedic proalign mattresses but I found out that most retailers have their own stupid names for mattresses that are the same. For example thebrick has ProSupport. Some other has Pro something. At the end they are all the same but different names so you cannot price match them.

Where I got lucky is that when I called thebrick they told me for boxing day they had up to 55% off on mattresses. But only 30% on Tempurpedic so I called Linenchest to get a price match. I ended up saving 30% on the 3299.00 mattress and now I have this VIP card that saves taxes on all products and sales. That I got from an employee who works there.

Can't wait to try it out.
Newbie
Dec 1, 2015
32 posts
Toronto, ON
What's everyone's thought on a firm mattress? Do they get slightly softer with time?
Newbie
Jan 2, 2012
69 posts
21 upvotes
2 years ago I bought my first and last memory foam mattress. It was made by Comfort Tech and I got it from Costco. The smell from off-gassing was terrible. I got sick after two nights on it. The smell lingered in the bedroom for weeks after they took it back. In the end I bought a natural latex matress that was really expensive but I have no regrets. Memory foam is a petroleum based material. I know there are different kinds of memory foam but make sure you do your research and know exactly what you're getting before buying one.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5481 posts
2148 upvotes
Winnipeg
bezumnik wrote: 2 years ago I bought my first and last memory foam mattress. It was made by Comfort Tech and I got it from Costco. The smell from off-gassing was terrible. I got sick after two nights on it. The smell lingered in the bedroom for weeks after they took it back. In the end I bought a natural latex matress that was really expensive but I have no regrets. Memory foam is a petroleum based material. I know there are different kinds of memory foam but make sure you do your research and know exactly what you're getting before buying one.
Tempurpedic
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5481 posts
2148 upvotes
Winnipeg
polorico wrote: So yea, I was looking for a mattress. I have gone to linen chest and tried all the mattresses there. I finally ended up with the idea that I needed the tempurpedic proalign king mattress at 3299.00.

Linen chest actually price matches and gives 10% of the difference.

I tried to find Tempurpedic proalign mattresses but I found out that most retailers have their own stupid names for mattresses that are the same. For example thebrick has ProSupport. Some other has Pro something. At the end they are all the same but different names so you cannot price match them.

Where I got lucky is that when I called thebrick they told me for boxing day they had up to 55% off on mattresses. But only 30% on Tempurpedic so I called Linenchest to get a price match. I ended up saving 30% on the 3299.00 mattress and now I have this VIP card that saves taxes on all products and sales. That I got from an employee who works there.

Can't wait to try it out.
How much did you end up paying for the tempurpedic. I just bought a king, they don’t discount much off
Jr. Member
Mar 9, 2004
169 posts
61 upvotes
::2dFx:: wrote: 700 coils for a queen...not exactly a high end mattress.

Please don't skimp on a mattress. You spend half your life on it. Quality sleep deserves the investment.
I agree with everything but technically don’t we spend a 1/3 of our life on a mattress? 8 hours out of a 24 hour day
Sr. Member
Nov 7, 2014
772 posts
355 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
orange20006 wrote: What's everyone's thought on a firm mattress? Do they get slightly softer with time?
Just get a firm pocket coil mattress. If you want softer buy a mattress topper. The foam generally fails before the springs do so it is more economical as it's easy to replace a topper

Top