Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Secret Kitchen Appliance Sale at Costco (online only)

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2021 7:54 am
May 26, 2005
964 posts
799 upvotes
GVRD
Fluid wrote: From my research, this was a problem over the past decade that has been resolved in the newer models, and LG has thrown in a 10 year warranty for compressors now as well. For that reason I decided to go with the LG, and am hoping that any issues will be resolved by thay generous warranty.
The other thing that the horror stories also had in common was the terrible customer service and technicians used by LG... Let's hope that is not the case any more.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1099 posts
695 upvotes
Toronto
Fluid wrote: From my research, this was a problem over the past decade that has been resolved in the newer models, and LG has thrown in a 10 year warranty for compressors now as well. For that reason I decided to go with the LG, and am hoping that any issues will be resolved by thay generous warranty.
I can speak from experience.
My 2018 fridge had its compressor failed last year.
LG full warranty only 1 year. They do cover their compressor, BUTTT it’s only for the parts.
You have to pay for labor.

They do have this all in one repair package tho. About 250$ all in (labor and parts) to guarantee fix.

Still not happy how a 2 year old fridge failed...
Jul 19, 2012
282 posts
614 upvotes
Victoria
Sourland wrote: ...the American brands (Whirlpool, Kitchenaid, Maytag, GE) but historically they have been the safer, more "reliable" options that aren't as feature rich.
Totally agree.

For me, I won't touch another Samsung dishwasher, etc., for at least a decade. I'm sure quality will eventually surpass US brands.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
2053 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
I need to purchase a fridge, oven and dishwasher for my new cottage but I don’t need them until august. Are the lead times really that long that I should considering buying them now?
Nov 15, 2007
189 posts
262 upvotes
Milton
roastpuff wrote: Don't get LG fridges, hear a lot of problems regarding their compressor.
I echo that response also. We had bought an LG fridge back in November and just short of the 3-month return window the compressor died. Was able to return it and got a Whirlpool fridge from Costco in replacement...
Nov 15, 2007
189 posts
262 upvotes
Milton
I would return that fridge as fast you can. Just because they cover the compressor, doesn't mean they will cover the labor charges. When our LG fridge broke we had the guys come out twice to replace the compressor and it didn't fix the problem it went again and luckily we were able to return it. I will never touch another LG product again.
Jan 14, 2014
135 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
I’ve had a history of bad luck with Samsung appliances. The one time we got a technician - he said LG you need specialized technicians and have issues getting parts, Samsung you can get parts but something will break down and he recommended the American brands.

We had a Side-by-side Samsung fridge where it’s a common problem that in the back of the unit ice builds up and stops the fan, you have to remove the shelving and open it to get the ice out every four to six months. Also I had to replace the intake water value cause it would sound like a jackhammer when you used the water dispenser. We finally gave up and replaced it with a French door whirlpool last year.

The Samsung dishwasher had a grinding noise cause the clips that hold the top tray after use start to come out and come through to the drain pump. Luckily these appliances came with the house but I personally will not get another Samsung.
Nov 17, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
British Columbia
Is there a code to put? Im ordering washer and dryer not seeing the discount.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7051 posts
1599 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
It's only a sale when you get more than one piece. We only need a new induction stove and I am not seeing anything interesting.
There's a sucker born every minute.
May 11, 2009
309 posts
127 upvotes
Burlington
Went with LG. My buddy bought a Frigidaire last summer, and it has completely stopped cooling as of last week. Technician came out and said all the freon has leaked out. Frigidaire still won't do anything, they want to send out a second technician.

Stay away!
Jan 23, 2007
83 posts
9 upvotes
VAN
Any good/bad experiences ordering appliances from Costco?
Jun 29, 2009
29 posts
12 upvotes
CANADA
I’ve only good things to say about Costco. Bought new Samsung Flex Duo range in early December. Range was a complete failure (oven didn’t heat properly). Costco let me return the range and meanwhile ordered a Maytag double oven range. Had to wait another extra month for delivery but Costco let me keep the Samsung until the Maytag was delivered.
Jun 29, 2009
29 posts
12 upvotes
CANADA
Definitely buy now. I have a secondary residence and had to purchase appliances. I would recommend Bosch dishwasher, Maytag double oven range.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1499 posts
2149 upvotes
Toronto
roastpuff wrote: Don't get LG fridges, hear a lot of problems regarding their compressor.
Our LG has been flawless. 2 GE fridges before that? Terrible. One did not even last a year. Got it replaced for free as was still under warranty and the 2nd lasted about 5 years before motherboard issues..could not be fixed.
Jan 12, 2011
266 posts
506 upvotes
Have had our LG fridge for over 5 years, still performs like new.

Now that I've posted this the compressor will probably fail in 3...2...1...
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
1647 posts
255 upvotes
Toronto
We went with an LG fridge this past spring, so for so good. I’ll never buy a Whirlpool again. Our previous fridge was also a Whirlpool so I thought to stay with them. Purchased a waterline French door fridge and the fridge was leaking from the back. They had a technician come over and blamed our water line when it is clearly a problem with the part of the fridge when the ice maker is turned on. Whirlpool failed to acknowledge the issue so we returned it. Horrible customer service as well.

Back on topic, anyone able to get the $550? I only get $250 in my cart and 2 weeks ago the sale was $300 off when purchasing 3 major appliances.
Images
  • 37F01225-CAC8-46D2-AD43-EFEF7BDB0A7E.jpeg
  • FA1C57DE-1333-4053-80A7-1EB9E83A88B5.jpeg
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3559 posts
4105 upvotes
Confirmed - buying an appliance in 2021 is mostly a crapshoot.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2006
2026 posts
438 upvotes
North York
No deals for a chest freezer but still bought one due to this post. Kopped at Danby chest freezer!
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3086 posts
910 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
I'm only seeing $250 when adding 3 appliances to my cart. Is the $550 for a specific brand? I tried adding LG appliances to my cart.