Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Segway ES3 Electric KickScooter ($700)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2020 3:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9717 posts
64289 upvotes
Ontario

[Costco] Segway ES3 Electric KickScooter ($700)

US costco instore = $580 USD = $754 CAD
Costco online = $700

Bluetooth connectivity
Feature controls and firmware upgrades via the Segway app
Lightweight and foldable for easy storage
Range: 50 km (may vary based on riding style and terrain)
Equipped with anti-lock braking system
LED display
Cruise control
Kickstand
Certified to UL 2272 by CSA
Max speed: 25 km/h

Xiaomi

Weighs just 26.9 lbs. (12.2kg)
max speed of 25km/h

I just purchased one. Hopefully, it is better than the xiaomi model.
100 quantities as of this post.
40 replies
Nov 26, 2015
624 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Which is better? This one or xiaomi m365 pro?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6090 posts
2438 upvotes
Canuckland
krnmeraiya wrote: Which is better? This one or xiaomi m365 pro?
M365 but I’d get the ES3 in a heartbeat over it due to costo warranty

m365 is the WW when it comes to Warranty
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1968 posts
561 upvotes
Ninebot owns Segway and also makes the Xiaomi M65.. consensus around is the Xiaomi (pro) version is the more reliable, robust scooter with much greater after market support (parts, accessories). go figure....
If people are looking for a higher end scooter the dual motor version (Rev, Janobike) are the next step but not sure they legal here...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8700 posts
5083 upvotes
ON
Doesn't say what kind of weight it supports...
Nov 26, 2015
624 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DealCanuck wrote: M365 but I’d get the ES3 in a heartbeat over it due to costo warranty

So just like any other costco electronics it comes with two year warranty?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
2594 posts
1213 upvotes
Anyone know if these scooters can be carry on luggage or do they gate check them as a complimentary mobility aid item?
Oct 11, 2018
21 posts
DealCanuck wrote: M365 but I’d get the ES3 in a heartbeat over it due to costo warranty

whats WW
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6090 posts
2438 upvotes
Canuckland
krnmeraiya wrote: So just like any other costco electronics it comes with two year warranty?
I think it’s lifetime
Aug 20, 2013
101 posts
168 upvotes
Edmonton
still illegal in BC. $600 fine.
hopefully it will change soon. (unlikely when ICBC is running the show)
(illegal to operate a motorized vehicle without insurance, unable to get insurance as it doesn't not meet motorized vehicle standards)
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2179 posts
1433 upvotes
Toronto
I've owned this for about 3 years now, paid ~$1000 back when and had to buy battery separately. A great ride overall, will get a LOT of banging on Toronto roads due to bumps and lack of suspension but they've got a rubber/plastic guard on the bottom designed to take the impact instead of the bottom shell - hence the really loud part. I hit 24-26 km/h on it's fastest mode.

Unfortunately, on a ride over the summer, after a few bumps (I can only assume this is the case), something came loose in the computron and I'm now getting an error and it won't run anymore. Haven't tried to go through warranty or anything though, been too lazy, although there are Tube videos to show potential fixes, but not the easiest as it requires taking apart the handlebar assembly and aligning magnets on the trigger.

This shouldn't be compared to the M365 Pro, it's in line with the original M365 though. The M365 Pro is in the same category as the new Ninebot ES Max, not the ES3.

At this price and Costco guarantee, highly recommend. Although like the Vancouver comment, I'm fairly confident it's grey area in Toronto as well, as it's a motorized vehicle, although you can get away with pretending to kick it maybe... at least that was my backup plan if I ever got pulled over. Hasn't happened in my 2 years of riding though and rode by many cops/cars.

Highly recommend a helmet as these are fast, front wheel drive, and therefore you will fly forward.
Last edited by vtse on Dec 9th, 2019 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 9, 2013
128 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
vtse wrote: I've owned this for about 3 years now, paid ~$1000 back when and had to buy battery separately. A great ride overall, will get a LOT of banging on Toronto roads due to bumps and lack of suspension but they've got a rubber/plastic guard on the bottom designed to take the impact instead of the bottom shell - hence the really loud part. I hit 24-26 km/h on it's fastest mode.

Unfortunately, on a ride over the summer, after a few bumps (I can only assume this is the case), something came loose in the computron and I'm not getting an error and it won't run anymore. Haven't tried to go through warranty or anything though, been too lazy, although there are Tube videos to show potential fixes, but not the easiest as it required taking apart handlebar assembly and aligning magnets on the trigger.

This shouldn't be compared to the M365 Pro, it's in line with the original m365 though. The M365 Pro is in the same category as the new Ninebot ES Max, not the ES3.

At this price and Costco guarantee, highly recommend. Although like the Vancouver comment, I'm fairly confident it's grey area in Toronto as well, as it's a motorized vehicle, although you can get away with pretending to kick it maybe... at least that was my backup plan if I ever got pulled over. Hasn't happened in my 2 years of riding though and rode by many cops/cars.

Highly recommend a helmet as these are fast, forward drive, and therefore you will fly forward.
I rode the M365 to and from work (7KM each way) in the scarborough area for 3 days a week this past summer, passed by many police cars and none of them had a problem.
Banned
Feb 20, 2007
3042 posts
1315 upvotes
krnmeraiya wrote: Which is better? This one or xiaomi m365 pro?
I had the M365 probably before anyone else on this forum.l, and it uses the Segway app and shows up as a nine or scooter. Also looks pretty much exactly the same as the Segway branded.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6126 posts
1894 upvotes
Calgary
i do like this for the better portability while folded and the longer range, but they ride similar and the xiaomi can be had for $300 USD if you're close to the border, no contest

Also, no mechanical brakes is kinda scary.
Oct 24, 2009
866 posts
1213 upvotes
Vancouver
HenryK046 wrote: I rode the M365 to and from work (7KM each way) in the scarborough area for 3 days a week this past summer, passed by many police cars and none of them had a problem.
I jaywalked in front of many police cars and never had a problem. Illegal is still illegal. One pull up, you will be paying the same price as your cost to buy scooter..
Oct 23, 2019
31 posts
106 upvotes
dantey wrote: Anyone know if these scooters can be carry on luggage or do they gate check them as a complimentary mobility aid item?
You can gate check and bring in the airport as a mobility scooter but your battery must be in your check in luggage.