Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Segway ES3 Electric KickScooter ($700)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2020 9:41 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5851 posts
1601 upvotes
Calgary
i do like this for the better portability while folded and the longer range, but they ride similar and the xiaomi can be had for $300 USD if you're close to the border, no contest

Also, no mechanical brakes is kinda scary.
Oct 24, 2009
692 posts
682 upvotes
Vancouver
HenryK046 wrote: I rode the M365 to and from work (7KM each way) in the scarborough area for 3 days a week this past summer, passed by many police cars and none of them had a problem.
I jaywalked in front of many police cars and never had a problem. Illegal is still illegal. One pull up, you will be paying the same price as your cost to buy scooter..
Oct 23, 2019
28 posts
56 upvotes
dantey wrote: Anyone know if these scooters can be carry on luggage or do they gate check them as a complimentary mobility aid item?
You can gate check and bring in the airport as a mobility scooter but your battery must be in your check in luggage.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
7986 posts
4250 upvotes
Toronto
M365 has a disc brake which is better than a step brake in an emergency and many situations. But it's a toss up as this has better range, suspension and solid wheels (no flats). Need one that's a best of both worlds.
Aug 15, 2018
385 posts
628 upvotes
Vancouver
MrMcMike wrote: still illegal in BC. $600 fine.
hopefully it will change soon. (unlikely when ICBC is running the show)
(illegal to operate a motorized vehicle without insurance, unable to get insurance as it doesn't not meet motorized vehicle standards)
been riding one everywhere for 6 months no problem
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
1451 posts
310 upvotes
Nexus1172 wrote: been riding one everywhere for 6 months no problem
Like taya1214 said a few posts back, illegal is illegal. All it takes is one officer who follows everything by the book and you could be nailed with a fine. You take your chances if you think the risk is low in riding a scooter on the street when the law says it's illegal. Just because you haven't been caught doesn't mean others will have the same luck. To each their own.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2004
1936 posts
620 upvotes
gta
Want to get one of these for going to work. If I ride on sidewalk it is ok with the law?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2694 posts
381 upvotes
Toronto
vtse wrote: Hasn't happened in my 2 years of riding though and rode by many cops/cars.
HenryK046 wrote: I rode the M365 to and from work (7KM each way) in the scarborough area for 3 days a week this past summer, passed by many police cars and none of them had a problem.
No traffic enforcement? Makes sense, you're both from Toronto! ;)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
8166 posts
46975 upvotes
Ontario
DealDemon wrote: Want to get one of these for going to work. If I ride on sidewalk it is ok with the law?
Don't think they will enforce it. In Vancouver, it is illegal to ride a bike without helmets but people are still doing it. Police did nothing when they saw them.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2004
1936 posts
620 upvotes
gta
Screenshot_2019-12-13-11-03-33-810_com.android.browser.jpg
Anyone have any opinion with this one?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8099 posts
530 upvotes
Toronto
I had a look at this model from Blade and the range seems low.
DealDemon wrote: Screenshot_2019-12-13-11-03-33-810_com.android.browser.jpg

Anyone have any opinion with this one?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8099 posts
530 upvotes
Toronto
I think that the ES3 now has suspension upgrades. How do you enjoy your scooter after all of this time?
vtse wrote: I've owned this for about 3 years now, paid ~$1000 back when and had to buy battery separately. A great ride overall, will get a LOT of banging on Toronto roads due to bumps and lack of suspension but they've got a rubber/plastic guard on the bottom designed to take the impact instead of the bottom shell - hence the really loud part. I hit 24-26 km/h on it's fastest mode.

Unfortunately, on a ride over the summer, after a few bumps (I can only assume this is the case), something came loose in the computron and I'm now getting an error and it won't run anymore. Haven't tried to go through warranty or anything though, been too lazy, although there are Tube videos to show potential fixes, but not the easiest as it requires taking apart the handlebar assembly and aligning magnets on the trigger.

This shouldn't be compared to the M365 Pro, it's in line with the original M365 though. The M365 Pro is in the same category as the new Ninebot ES Max, not the ES3.

At this price and Costco guarantee, highly recommend. Although like the Vancouver comment, I'm fairly confident it's grey area in Toronto as well, as it's a motorized vehicle, although you can get away with pretending to kick it maybe... at least that was my backup plan if I ever got pulled over. Hasn't happened in my 2 years of riding though and rode by many cops/cars.

Highly recommend a helmet as these are fast, front wheel drive, and therefore you will fly forward.