Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Select Nellie's Laundry Product up to $20 off (02-27 / 03-12)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2017 9:12 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
4751 posts
24976 upvotes
Montreal

[Costco] Select Nellie's Laundry Product up to $20 off (02-27 / 03-12)

Costco has an online promotion for select Nellie's All Natural cleaning products until March 12th.

https://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?sor ... langId=-24

$20 OFF Nellie’s Bulk Laundry Soda
$16 OFF Nellie’s Bulk Oxygen Brightener
$12 OFF Nellie’s Starter Kit
$10 OFF Nellie’s Laundry Soda
$5 OFF Nellie’s Lamby Wool Dryerballs

Prices include shipping
Last edited by krazykanuck on Feb 27th, 2017 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
Additonally,get 3X Aeroplan Miles on all Costco.ca online purchases until March 12th

82 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5690 posts
1684 upvotes
Ah man I just bought the 4-pack of tins like a month ago. Might as well stock up, though, thanks OP!

Question; Any reason why I should get the Oxygen Brightener if I have about 175 loads left of the regular detergent? I believe it's supposed to be better for whites but it would take me like 2 years to go through 500 loads of white laundry lol
Mar 22, 2005
681 posts
862 upvotes
Québec,Qc
Thanks!

I got a $10 OFF $50 from Costco.ca in my e-mail. I was wondering what I could buy with it. Decided to give a go to this product as it's always a hit on RFD when it's at this price point. Got it for $80 with taxes.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7140 posts
1349 upvotes
thx... will give them a try.
krazykanuck wrote: I have - ditched all fabric softner sheets now. I can't really tell if the run times are shorter due to the heat kept from the balls, but the clothes comes out softer and has less lint. No static cling.
Jul 28, 2010
608 posts
577 upvotes
Montreal
I'm still halfway through the bulk powder container after 1 yr! This stuff is awesome.
Jun 5, 2008
664 posts
400 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Bought the pail. And the oxygen boosted. And the balls. I expect this to work as good as my Persil. If not, I hope it tastes alright because I will have to start eating it I guess.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
370 upvotes
Brampton
I'm still halfway through after almost 2 years.
Koodo 60$ 10gb plan
Public Mobile 36$ 4gb plan
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
6090 posts
2013 upvotes
Montreal
krazykanuck wrote: I have - ditched all fabric softner sheets now. I can't really tell if the run times are shorter due to the heat kept from the balls, but the clothes comes out softer and has less lint. No static cling.
Dryer balls work by creating space between items in your dryer instead of having them all clumped together and laying on each other. This allows the air to circulate better which should allow the load to dry faster.

I use the Nellie's dryer balls too and while I've never compared drying times, I agree that they have replaced my fabric softener sheets.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9759 posts
4117 upvotes
Ottawa
Not directly related to this deal but has anyone tried the Nellie's stain remover stick? It's not available from Costco but if it works well I'll pick some up from amazon.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3865 posts
1577 upvotes
Scarborough
I'm running out of my Tide and want to bite the bullet on this, my question is I still own a significant amount of OxiClean powder that I have purchased from Costso. Will I be able to still use the OxiClean or it's not necessary? And can I still use bleach? Thanks

Edit: Is it really only one tablespoon of this stuff for even huge loads? That's unbelievable if it's true.
Sep 17, 2007
285 posts
125 upvotes
Wasaga Beach
OrangeBerry wrote: I'm running out of my Tide and want to bite the bullet on this, my question is I still own a significant amount of OxiClean powder that I have purchased from Costso. Will I be able to still use the OxiClean or it's not necessary? And can I still use bleach? Thanks

Edit: Is it really only one tablespoon of this stuff for even huge loads? That's unbelievable if it's true.
You can still use bleach etc with Nellie's. And YES it really is only 1 tablespoon per load.
We've been using it for years, and it really works. We haven't noticed any difference in cleaning compared to the regular laundry detergent.
Jun 9, 2015
872 posts
937 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For the people that switched from scented detergent, do you not miss the smell of clean laundry/morning dew/etc.?

I have a feeling I'm going to get complaints if I switch.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3865 posts
1577 upvotes
Scarborough
BushCaddy wrote: You can still use bleach etc with Nellie's. And YES it really is only 1 tablespoon per load.
We've been using it for years, and it really works. We haven't noticed any difference in cleaning compared to the regular laundry detergent.
Thanks and what about OxiClean?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1957 posts
371 upvotes
Aurora
Lampsy wrote: For the people that switched from scented detergent, do you not miss the smell of clean laundry/morning dew/etc.?

I buy the cheapest liquid detergent I can find - usually at Canadian Tire. They have pretty potent smells.
I put it in an old shampoo pump bottle, then give it 1 or 2 squirts per load if I want a scent. It lasts a long time.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2405 posts
248 upvotes
Cas77 wrote: Not directly related to this deal but has anyone tried the Nellie's stain remover stick? It's not available from Costco but if it works well I'll pick some up from amazon.
Available if you get the starter kit (haven't tried it)

might get the bulk soda and starter kit

anybody have experience with the oxygen brightener? don't have too many whites but curious about how well it treats colours
if I get the oxygen brightener I wouldn't need the bulk soda then right?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1431 posts
1952 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Good price, good product.

I'm still on my first pail/bucket from the sale posted in this old thread way back in 2014!

My SO thought I was crazy when this thing showed up at the door three years ago, but now she's got all her friends buying it.

We've had it for three years now and we do probably 2/3 loads a week (just us two) and we've used probably around 40% of it.

However, plan to not be at home while it's delivered in order to avoid the death glare from the Canada Post employee dragging it to the doorstep...the girl we have in our area is about 110 lbs soaking wet, felt bad for her haha
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
3297 posts
2276 upvotes
Toronto
Lampsy wrote: For the people that switched from scented detergent, do you not miss the smell of clean laundry/morning dew/etc.?

UGH no - don't miss the artificial asthma-inducing scents of either the detergent or fabric softeners. Do the world a favour and stop using that crap. If you like the smell of laundry go to a laundromat for your fix.

Nellie's is also good for avoiding the stink you can get with front load machines. Plus, we've been using it for a while and my daughter's occasional eczema has not flared up since.

I don't have room for giant pails of detergent, so we just pick up the odd tin at Home Sense for about $10.