• Mar 29th, 2022 9:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6848 posts
3367 upvotes
Debtario

[Costco] Serengeti Sunglasses $35 off, All models $120 ONLINE

Warm deal, these have been down to $100 in store after $50 off around this same time last year (per this thread: costco-serengeti-sunglasses-104-99-delivered-2454568/)

https://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?dep ... =serengeti

Just noticed that Costco has $35 off all Serengeti Sunglasses, all models $120. Possibly cheaper in store, but have not been there lately to verify.

Great quality if anybody needs a pair now, real glass photochromatic lenses. Polarized Driver's lens is a brown/somewhat rose tint great for driving, while the Pisa model has a blue mirror lens with a more green/yellowish tint.

I own the Turin, Pisa, and a prescription pair of the Anzio II model, I can vouch for quality on those models and I like all of them though the Turin is what I wear for driving.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Mar 28th, 2022 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed retailer field so it's better for searches
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
19 replies
Dec 18, 2019
8 posts
5 upvotes
Same price in stores in BC. $35 dollar discount only.

PSA - Costco will not put prescription lenses into these or any glasses in the display case. They will only do it on the glasses that are on the wall display case, and only on the ones where the frame goes all the way around the lens.

I waited for the sale, went in to buy them with prescription lenses and I was told that they stopped doing it for the brand name sunglasses (Serengeti, Maui Jim, etc) about 2 months ago. It's a shame because insurance would have covered it for me.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1714 posts
686 upvotes
Montreal
Got the Stanton in March 2021 for $104, they are great for driving!
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2011
1064 posts
347 upvotes
Got Serengeti Mazzo at store today evening. $5 less at store compare to online.
Nov 21, 2006
619 posts
402 upvotes
Why are these glasses (specifically Serengeti Anzio II) available only at Costco Canada.
Couldn't find them anywhere else - could be a lower quality typical Costco re-branding ?
Jul 29, 2006
373 posts
485 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP!

I have Oakley and Maui Jim, both purchased at optical stores. I also have Serengeti which were purchased at Costco years ago. All are polarized but the Serengeti's are still the best optical quality and great for driving. Yes, the only downside is they are relatively heavy due to the glass lenses.
Aug 14, 2014
821 posts
700 upvotes
Are these good to use after doing Lasik prk surgery? I never wore sunglasses before due to my prescription and need them now
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6848 posts
3367 upvotes
Debtario
thebrain1611 wrote: Same price in stores in BC. $35 dollar discount only.

PSA - Costco will not put prescription lenses into these or any glasses in the display case. They will only do it on the glasses that are on the wall display case, and only on the ones where the frame goes all the way around the lens.

I waited for the sale, went in to buy them with prescription lenses and I was told that they stopped doing it for the brand name sunglasses (Serengeti, Maui Jim, etc) about 2 months ago. It's a shame because insurance would have covered it for me.
Is this for sunglasses lenses or any lenses? When I got mine last summer, they would put prescription lenses in the regular rayban cubmaster, but the polarized one for $10 was not eligible even though it's the same frame and model number.

Ended up going with the Anzio II for that reason.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Aug 11, 2014
92 posts
63 upvotes
Brampton, ON
How are Carrera sunglasses in comparison to Serengeti?
Dec 18, 2019
8 posts
5 upvotes
Probably prescription sunglass lenses only, but I didn't ask about regular prescription lenses.
Feb 9, 2011
820 posts
349 upvotes
Have had these for years. Excellent for driving in all conditions. My preferred pair is the Serengeti Anzio II Sunglasses for the "rose" lens as I find the brown lenses a little too dark for driving in less sunny conditions.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6848 posts
3367 upvotes
Debtario
Hotmel wrote: How are Carrera sunglasses in comparison to Serengeti?
Depends on model, TBH nothing special but not awful either. Made by Safilo group, not the evil luxottica if it matters.

If these are the <$50 ones in the blister packs then you mostly get what you pay for. Plastic lenses from what I've seen, but I've only handled maybe 2 models at most.
May 10, 2020
532 posts
386 upvotes
Hotmel wrote: How are Carrera sunglasses in comparison to Serengeti?
Frame look wise carrera might be better but lenses quality its night and day .
May 10, 2020
532 posts
386 upvotes
thebrain1611 wrote: Probably prescription sunglass lenses only, but I didn't ask about regular prescription lenses.
dont buy serengettis if u are going to take the lenses out .money is in the lenses
May 10, 2020
532 posts
386 upvotes
Esg876 wrote: Are these good to use after doing Lasik prk surgery? I never wore sunglasses before due to my prescription and need them now
if they give u proper coverage around the eyes ... if u see gaps than dont get these for that purpose
May 10, 2020
532 posts
386 upvotes
digger1 wrote: Why are these glasses (specifically Serengeti Anzio II) available only at Costco Canada.
Couldn't find them anywhere else - could be a lower quality typical Costco re-branding ?
they are discontinued models .So a normal optical wont keep them as they are discontinued and cant provide warranty . ALL those frame costco buys and sell them for cheap
Dec 18, 2019
8 posts
5 upvotes
noobsrus wrote: dont buy serengettis if u are going to take the lenses out .money is in the lenses
Good point! But my insurance will only pay for them if they're prescription so I might as well.
May 10, 2020
532 posts
386 upvotes
thebrain1611 wrote: Good point! But my insurance will only pay for them if they're prescription so I might as well.
Yes thats how I do..I get them to put my prescription in it and than when I go pick it up ask them to switch the lenses back lol
Oct 4, 2016
1 posts
I use to have just Maui Jim and Ray bans for sunglasses but I can tell I prefer the Serengeti for driving. You are not paying for frames, is the glass polarized lenses you are paying for. And they are Top.
Dec 18, 2019
8 posts
5 upvotes
noobsrus wrote: Yes thats how I do..I get them to put my prescription in it and than when I go pick it up ask them to switch the lenses back lol
Ha ha! Awesome! I should have done that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)