Hot Deals

Costco

Shark AI Ultra Robot Vacuum with Self-Empty Base $349.97 clearance in-store only

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2023 2:54 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15167 posts
6733 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Costco] Shark AI Ultra Robot Vacuum with Self-Empty Base $349.97 clearance in-store only

Spotted this at Markham location (Yorktech). Only one unit left there. May be more at other locations.

Features:
  • Shark AI Laser Navigation for ultra-precise cleaning & object avoidance (Lidar)
  • 30-day capacity self-empty base
  • Shark ultra-cleaning performance
  • Self-cleaning brushroll for ultimate pet hair pickup
  • Up to 120-minutes of run-time for whole home cleaning

IMG_3757.jpg
50 replies
Feb 18, 2022
238 posts
207 upvotes
Montreal, QC
anyone know if this mops too?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1407 posts
1718 upvotes
Toronto
Delidelo wrote: anyone know if this mops too?
It doesn't, only the vacmop series vacuums do both
Mar 18, 2022
16 posts
24 upvotes
I have the non lidar one and it's good but I wish I got the lidar one as the map can be inconsistent. Otherwise a great machine.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2009
1452 posts
681 upvotes
I have this and absolutely love it, my favorite purchase of 2022 highly recommend.
Jan 21, 2017
972 posts
333 upvotes
Would you recommend this for a 3 floor set up?
Jul 1, 2021
41 posts
45 upvotes
This is actually a really good deal for a robot vacuum! Lidar and the self-empty bin at $349 is insane
Nello
Your average RFD user from Vancouver.
Aug 15, 2017
69 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone seen this deal in the lower mainland?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2828 posts
2640 upvotes
DPR2017 wrote: Would you recommend this for a 3 floor set up?
If you're asking if a robot vacuum can take the stairs, the answer is no.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1591 posts
878 upvotes
This is a great option. We got the same model plus mop for $449 at Canadian tire during their promo.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1902 posts
2712 upvotes
Halifax
Superman_2099 wrote: This is a great option. We got the same model plus mop for $449 at Canadian tire during their promo.
how is the mopping on it? do you mop daily, weekly?
Penalty Box
Jan 1, 2018
1248 posts
2306 upvotes
DPR2017 wrote: Would you recommend this for a 3 floor set up?
I have a 3 floor set up, robot vacuums are way too much of a pain in the ass for a 3 floor set up. I bought the best Dyson and I can now vacuum my entire house in the same time it would have took to set up the robot vacuum.
I think robot vacs are a must in certain houses, with large square footage per floor
Jan 13, 2017
785 posts
374 upvotes
I have the shark AI that I bought at Cdn Tire last year. The problem with this AI robot is the Shark software. I try to get this AI robot to just vaccuum the kitchen it goes to other areas. I've remapped this many times, so I think the software by Shark is buggy. I think next time I will get roomba instead.
Aug 14, 2019
614 posts
849 upvotes
Dragonrana2 wrote: I have the shark AI that I bought at Cdn Tire last year. The problem with this AI robot is the Shark software. I try to get this AI robot to just vaccuum the kitchen it goes to other areas. I've remapped this many times, so I think the software by Shark is buggy. I think next time I will get roomba instead.
saw the same thing some times (not too often but does happen) with spot cleaning... you could try just telling it to clean a room instead of a spot.... haven't seen it screw up for rooms...
Mar 16, 2007
337 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
UnexpectedToken wrote: saw the same thing some times (not too often but does happen) with spot cleaning... you could try just telling it to clean a room instead of a spot.... haven't seen it screw up for rooms...
Same here, I bought the 2in1 deal at Cdn tire for 349ish after the promo. Much better deal, the mop works well and the XL bin was a nice surprise - the software has it's quirks, sometimes after not using for a while I have to log in again, but restarting the app gets me in without logging in (?).
Aug 14, 2019
614 posts
849 upvotes
tdracer wrote: how is the mopping on it? do you mop daily, weekly?
i do weekly, with vacuum daily.... because you have to swap out the vacuum module for the mopping module it's kind of a pain so i don't do it more than weekly... and the mopping module doesn't auto-empty so you can't just leave it on...
it does a very good job though... for a robot vacuum.... obviously really stuck on stuff on the floor will see better results if you mop it manually but if you mop weekly and clean up spills right away it's plenty enough....

if you really want like a hands off experience you would want to get something like roborock s7 maxv ultra with the autofill water tank, auto-empty dirty water tank, auto empty debris tank and mopping pad cleaner on the base... but thats like three or four times of the price so /shrug
Mar 9, 2009
398 posts
236 upvotes
Dragonrana2 wrote: I have the shark AI that I bought at Cdn Tire last year. The problem with this AI robot is the Shark software. I try to get this AI robot to just vaccuum the kitchen it goes to other areas. I've remapped this many times, so I think the software by Shark is buggy. I think next time I will get roomba instead.
I bought this exact model last year and I have to agree the software is subpar. The vacuum had a very difficult time returning to the home base or vacuum specific rooms when choosing a custom job. After many calls for tech sport support for updating the unit, I gave up and returned it for the j7+ which worked flawlessly since.

Just my personal experience.
Nov 15, 2022
6 posts
3 upvotes
Agreed, the software needs work especially moving from iRobot to Shark. I even ran into the notorious logging in issues.

After using the Shark AI ultra 2 in 1 Robot Self Empty XL for a few months I will say, my next robot will have the ability to empty and refill when doing both vacuum and mopping. The model I have is not great with dog hair as the hair get's caught in the brushroll door and does not make it into the dust bin. Does not appear to be an issue when doing only vacuum though so this deal may not have this issue.

Mopping is good and you can create carpet zones so that the robot only vacuums those spots and not mop. I use it daily with the dogs in and out.

Not specific to the OP post but hopefully good info :)
Jan 6, 2011
447 posts
643 upvotes
toronto
DealBrowser wrote: Agreed, the software needs work especially moving from iRobot to Shark. I even ran into the notorious logging in issues.

After using the Shark AI ultra 2 in 1 Robot Self Empty XL for a few months I will say, my next robot will have the ability to empty and refill when doing both vacuum and mopping. The model I have is not great with dog hair as the hair get's caught in the brushroll door and does not make it into the dust bin. Does not appear to be an issue when doing only vacuum though so this deal may not have this issue.

Mopping is good and you can create carpet zones so that the robot only vacuums those spots and not mop. I use it daily with the dogs in and out.

Not specific to the OP post but hopefully good info :)
Humble brag, got roborock s7 maxv ultra recently and some addon from aliexpress for water/drain lines, so don't need to fill water or drain it. In robot maid heaven now.

OP, good deal on shark
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2110 posts
460 upvotes
I paid $379 for this on Amazon for a Christmas gift so this is a good deal!!
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.