Hot Deals

Costco

Shark AI Ultra Robot Vacuum with Self-Empty Base $349.97 clearance in-store only

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2023 2:54 pm
Jan 1, 2021
267 posts
892 upvotes
I have this and used for 2 years already. Overall pretty good and still holds up today. Need to clean and empty the robot once a month but thats about it.

The only thing that sucks Is the mapping function, it's either very wacky or just randomly loses the map and you have to reset it. I gave up using that map function by now...
Jun 3, 2017
215 posts
176 upvotes
My partner's been looking for one of these but I'm a bit concerned how useful it will be with a toddler always leaving toys everywhere. Anyone have thoughts?
Aug 14, 2019
610 posts
843 upvotes
kinz186 wrote: My partner's been looking for one of these but I'm a bit concerned how useful it will be with a toddler always leaving toys everywhere. Anyone have thoughts?
can't speak to a toddler but my cats leave toys everywhere... it kinda just pushes them around.... it has issues with blankets though, it gets tangled in the brushes so every now and then it gets stuck on a blanket after my male cat does his business... *cough cough* and leave it on the floor.... we just try to keep an eye out for blankets and move them before the robot gets there...
Jan 6, 2011
444 posts
642 upvotes
toronto
MrLobo wrote: Can you buy the S7 MAXV ultra anywhere in Canada ?

Their website links to a dead Best Buy webpage and the amazon link is shipped from the US
i saw one on kijiji today actually if you are in GTA, sometimes ebay has some
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1147 posts
1785 upvotes
Vancouver
Dragonrana2 wrote: I have the shark AI that I bought at Cdn Tire last year. The problem with this AI robot is the Shark software. I try to get this AI robot to just vaccuum the kitchen it goes to other areas. I've remapped this many times, so I think the software by Shark is buggy. I think next time I will get roomba instead.
I also bought the Shark AI self-empty XL *60-day capacity* from Canadian Tire at the beginning of last month in December. It was on-sale for $399.99 which was around the same price as Costco. The only big difference is that the one from Costco is a 30-day capacity. I also had Canadian Tire money to spend so after taxes and all, I paid $368.39 all in plus I received $40 in CT money for spending X amount (activated offers).

I would say that this robot vacuum is helpful with keeping dirt and hair (I have 3 females living in my household) to a minimum, but it won't clean perfectly. I still use a cordless stick vacuum to spot clean areas that it can't clean. Overall, it works when it works and other times it is just spinning in circles thinking that there are obstacles blocking it's path all around. Like you had mentioned, I would ask my Google speaker to have "Robocop" (name of my robot vac) to clean the kitchen and it will proceed on command but before it reaches the kitchen, it was like "uh no" and turns around to head back to base and empties.

I have to sometimes have to manually pause/stop then carry it to the zone I want it to clean which is annoying at times but not all the time that this happens. Overall, it is what it is and for what I paid then I am happy to still have a robot vac to help keep dirt and hair a minimum. I do feel the difference when I walk around my house.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1147 posts
1785 upvotes
Vancouver
kinz186 wrote: My partner's been looking for one of these but I'm a bit concerned how useful it will be with a toddler always leaving toys everywhere. Anyone have thoughts?
I have 4 kids, ages 2 and up... trust me, you better keep small objects off the floor at all times. I had to adjust to the way I leave things on the floor because one time the Shark AI robot went berserk all over my oldest son's LEGO that he left on the floor in his room. I was actually using a stick vacuum in another area of my home when I stopped to figure out where the Shark AI vacuum had gone since I couldn't hear it. I walked around the house to find it in my son's room in a rampage. It was hilarious and it took me awhile to retrieve all the small LEGOs that got sucked in or stuck in the brush area.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2824 posts
2628 upvotes
Robot vacuums will randomly fail in annoying ways if there's random stuff on the floor. I suggest you clear the floors before bed and run it at night. If you can't keep the floors clear, save your money.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2010
1005 posts
766 upvotes
Canada
DPR2017 wrote: Would you recommend this for a 3 floor set up?
Yes, one on each floor.
Jun 23, 2019
34 posts
21 upvotes
Has anyone seen these available in the Calgary area?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)