Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Shark IQ Robot Self-Empty XL Vacuum $399.99 ($100 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2020 11:50 am
Nov 26, 2020
4 posts
11 upvotes
Québec

[Costco] Shark IQ Robot Self-Empty XL Vacuum $399.99 ($100 off)

Saw the deal in-store and online for that robot vacuum. $399.99 ($100 off)
https://www.costco.ca/shark-iq-robot-se ... 95293.html

Amazon Price: 549.99$ https://www.amazon.ca/Shark-R101AE-Self ... B07S864GPW
BestBuy Price: 699.99$ https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sh ... k/13836140
Canadian Tire Price: 699.99$ https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/shar ... 8286p.html
Last edited by qczlebro on Nov 27th, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
32 replies
Nov 12, 2019
340 posts
1191 upvotes
It's showing 499-100=399 atm

Vs say the i7 Roomba the first thing I notice is the bagless system (that's a +) but also that the virtual walls are strips you have to put on the floor - that's a big minus in my book especially with little ones, and open concept. Then again...major price difference...
Nov 26, 2020
4 posts
11 upvotes
Québec
I updated the info. The normal price is 499.99$. Sale price 399.99$. Thanks n1ckt0.

I was looking for that deal and I think it's a good value vs the i7 Roomba of course. :P
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3799 posts
1991 upvotes
Mississauga
I got the EcoVacs 950 for 499 .. this has the self empty base..for 399.
However the Ecovacs has the Lazer mapping.. so I think overall it maybe the better build and software ..

Any comments
May 8, 2013
684 posts
626 upvotes
London
Such a dumb robot. Many like it, I do not. If anything interrupts it's lane it just switches to the next lane. Dumb. Small storage capacity. Price is ok tho!
Jun 4, 2011
426 posts
604 upvotes
It's a good price but after looking over this quite a bit recently (when it went on sale for the same price at CT a month ago), gave it a pass and opted for the Roomba i4+ from Costco instead.

The main complaints are that the mapping is slow and dumb, the internal dustbin fills up easily and there isn't a sensor to detect when it's full (so if it fills up halfway thru a job it'll just run around/go through the motions and claim it is done), and that it isn't nearly as good at actually cleaning vs a Roomba or a stick vac.

The price and bagless auto empty are attractive though, I think you could buy this in a condo with no pets and be happy. As soon as you have something that can fill the bin in a job (pets in a house) it doesn't seem to do as well.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6990 upvotes
GTA
I have this.

Good: it cleans ok, empties itself, the brush eats hair pretty well

Ok: it's stupid, low capacity

Bad: not as good as a Roomba
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1397 upvotes
Lévis
Same price as last year. Got it for 380$ because of the newsletter rebate. Gave it to my sister because I didn't liked it.
Warm deal IMHO.
Last edited by SPARTACVS on Dec 1st, 2020 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pourquoi pas?
Dec 30, 2003
125 posts
45 upvotes
I've been debating between this or keeping the Neato Botvac D4 I picked up earlier for $299. D4 seems to get better reviews but no self empty feature! :(

The self-empty feature sounds really appealing for someone with a dog.

Also Canadian Tire also has a newer version (original MSRP is lower) for $349. I'm not sure what the differences are between the $349 version and the $399 version for Costco other than the larger XL self-empty cannister. Are the bots the same?

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/shar ... um+cleaner
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1546 posts
1600 upvotes
Toronto1818 wrote: I've been debating between this or keeping the Neato Botvac D4 I picked up earlier for $299. D4 seems to get better reviews but no self empty feature! :(

The self-empty feature sounds really appealing for someone with a dog.

Also Canadian Tire also has a newer version (original MSRP is lower) for $349. I'm not sure what the differences are between the $349 version and the $399 version for Costco other than the larger XL self-empty cannister. Are the bots the same?

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/shar ... um+cleaner
The neato is better. Navigation will run circles around the shark.

Buy the shark and try it. You can always return to Costco Thumbs Up Sign

I had the shark and it could not map my place with 30 runs. Also didn't clean the carpets well. Have now the d3 and night and day difference.
Sep 12, 2018
404 posts
222 upvotes
I bought mine from Best Buy 2 weeks ago for the same price. It has a new model and firmware number than the ones sold a year ago.

It has a better mapping system now, I have deleted the map 3 times and it mapped my upper level in 2 to 3 runs every time. Also the clean a specific room has worked every time with me so far, I do not use that often since I prefer to run the whole floor at once, the only thing it has not improved is that sometimes it does clean the area close to the base to "locate" it self and than go to the room you select.

The brush is another plus, I have to clean my Deebot 601 and Dyson V8 every 2 to 3 runs because wife's hair I have not clean it's brush for 11 runs and counting now, on the other hand it does seems to miss small fluffs here and there (my upstairs is all carpet) that the Deebot did not.

The second biggest factor for me is the self empty bin and the fact is bagged, like other said it does not have a bin full sensor so it goes back to the base every 30 minutes, it might run with a full bin for the first runs but after that you are safe. Like I said it has run on a all carpet area around 11 times now and the self-empty bin is not full yet.

The biggest con is that the app is terrible, it lags, freezes and don't let you do basic stuff like set the cleaning mode to eco or max for every run, you have to change everytime that you run or you cannot create a different schedule to different rooms etc. However, I am starting to use Home assistant and it will handle all the automation like the ones I mentioned above. So of you are a heavy app user you might not like it, but if you dont mind the robot doing the whole floor the app schedule would be ok.
2017 - Koodo - $35/5GB
2019 - Zoomer - $40/6GB
2020 - Telus - 2x $40/25GB
2022 - Koodo - 2x $35/50GB
2022 - PS5 - $207 - SDM Big Redemption Event
2022 - OLED 55" - $350 - Skyworth OLED 55"
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
Bubblegum86 wrote: The neato is better. Navigation will run circles around the shark.

Buy the shark and try it. You can always return to Costco Thumbs Up Sign

I had the shark and it could not map my place with 30 runs. Also didn't clean the carpets well. Have now the d3 and night and day difference.
Depends on your floorplan I guess as I much prefer the shark over the D3.

I'm in a condo, I have had both a D3 and Shark self empty. D3 has no go lines, but it does not do zone cleaning, it has no side brushes so it cannot clean up close to the baseboards. All those crumbs in the kitchen that get pushed up under your sink or island do not get cleaned up by the D3, that includes all walls and corners.

The shark isn't as smart in terms of mapping, but in my own experience it does cover the entire area, it will come back to places it originally missed. For example if it hit an object and continued to the next lane without trying to hug the object and go all the way around.. it will come back after other larger sections are cleaned, it has a very predictable algorithm it uses. Not only are the side brushes important for a complete clean but the main brush does better with hair. The vac is also smaller and can get into tighter areas are lower clearances. However my floorplan is all hardwood and tile, so the argument about carpet is likely very true.. just depends on your floorplan.

So personally I'd take the less than perfect mapping, with better cleaning ability, zone cleaning, and self empty. To each their own though.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
Justonemore wrote: I bought mine from Best Buy 2 weeks ago for the same price. It has a new model and firmware number than the ones sold a year ago.

It has a better mapping system now, I have deleted the map 3 times and it mapped my upper level in 2 to 3 runs every time. Also the clean a specific room has worked every time with me so far, I do not use that often since I prefer to run the whole floor at once, the only thing it has not improved is that sometimes it does clean the area close to the base to "locate" it self and than go to the room you select.

The brush is another plus, I have to clean my Deebot 601 and Dyson V8 every 2 to 3 runs because wife's hair I have not clean it's brush for 11 runs and counting now, on the other hand it does seems to miss small fluffs here and there (my upstairs is all carpet) that the Deebot did not.

The second biggest factor for me is the self empty bin and the fact is bagged, like other said it does not have a bin full sensor so it goes back to the base every 30 minutes, it might run with a full bin for the first runs but after that you are safe. Like I said it has run on a all carpet area around 11 times now and the self-empty bin is not full yet.

The biggest con is that the app is terrible, it lags, freezes and don't let you do basic stuff like set the cleaning mode to eco or max for every run, you have to change everytime that you run or you cannot create a different schedule to different rooms etc. However, I am starting to use Home assistant and it will handle all the automation like the ones I mentioned above. So of you are a heavy app user you might not like it, but if you dont mind the robot doing the whole floor the app schedule would be ok.
The app does not freeze in my experience, but I'm on Android. For the 30 min evacuation, you can disable that in the app "Evacuate and resume". See attached pic. I run mine frequently enough and have a small enough floorplan that it would never fill up on one full run, hence why I can disable recharge and resume and evacuate and resume.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Sep 12, 2018
404 posts
222 upvotes
TheGoodDealer wrote: The app does not freeze in my experience, but I'm on Android. For the 30 min evacuation, you can disable that in the app "Evacuate and resume". See attached pic. I run mine frequently enough and have a small enough floorplan that it would never fill up on one full run, hence why I can disable recharge and resume and evacuate and resume.
It is good to talk with the person that pushed me to get a Shark. When researching what robovac to get I found your original thread on last black Friday that I decided to give Shark IQ a chance and I liked enough to get a second one this cyber Monday.

I noticed that the model number of the bundle and the Vaccum itself as well as the firmware number is completely different than what people were posting on that thread so I imagined that is was a newer and improved version as I didn't experience much of the problems listed there.

Mapping was a breeze, editing the map was pretty easy and selecting a specific room have worked 100% so far.

And I would like to ask you if you have the same experience? And how well the software has improved from last November to today?
2017 - Koodo - $35/5GB
2019 - Zoomer - $40/6GB
2020 - Telus - 2x $40/25GB
2022 - Koodo - 2x $35/50GB
2022 - PS5 - $207 - SDM Big Redemption Event
2022 - OLED 55" - $350 - Skyworth OLED 55"
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
Justonemore wrote: Mapping was a breeze, editing the map was pretty easy and selecting a specific room have worked 100% so far.

And I would like to ask you if you have the same experience? And how well the software has improved from last November to today?
Mapping (quicker) has improved since I first got it. I did originally have to run 10 to 15 times to get a map generated, like you said that's down to just a few if you do choose to generate the map.

I agree, editing the map, creating rooms, and zone cleaning works pretty well (for me). The room editing and creation used to be pretty poor 1 year ago. It was pretty difficult to place the boxes for rooms and resize, the boxes used to resnap to where ever you touched. What I mean by that, normally you'd want to place the box and align to one corner, and then resize to fit the room, but after you've align to one corner and then touch again to resize the room would move to where you touched, which would be the opposite corner of the existing box.. it was annoying to say the least. Every time you wanted to add a new room, it forced you to relabel all existing rooms again, it was a pretty poor UX but the vac worked well enough at the time I could get past it. Since then they've regularly provided app update (last Nov 4), and rehauled the room editor completely, you can zoom to get more precise with the boxes, it shows the length of each side in feet, and you can select more than 3 rooms for cleaning now. To me the continued updates show they're committed to the product and improving it. Still hoping for no go lines and multiple floorplan support one day, I may be dreaming though :)
Dec 14, 2019
86 posts
72 upvotes
Whitby
It’s not the lowest. Bought from Costco for 349.99 .. used it for 45/50 days and could not map the floor. Always came up with wrong map and no where it should look.

Have been using D5 for over 3 yrs, and it had mapped the floor on first shot.

Neato beats shark or iRobot any day because of the LiDAR detection which allows it to run anytime of the day as well. + it has the biggest suction opening because of the D shape.
Both shark and iRobot cannot run in the night and needs some light to be able to see with the camera to navigate.
Jun 4, 2011
426 posts
604 upvotes
Shaguar wrote: It’s not the lowest. Bought from Costco for 349.99 .. used it for 45/50 days and could not map the floor. Always came up with wrong map and no where it should look.

Have been using D5 for over 3 yrs, and it had mapped the floor on first shot.

Neato beats shark or iRobot any day because of the LiDAR detection which allows it to run anytime of the day as well. + it has the biggest suction opening because of the D shape.
Both shark and iRobot cannot run in the night and needs some light to be able to see with the camera to navigate.
I didn't want a neato because they don't self empty and I don't see the point in a robot that can't do that, my house is small enough that I can buy a stick Dyson and do it all in less time, with more physical effort and the same amount of bin emptying at the end.

Looked at the shark IQ simply because of the self empty and passed it over due to reports of poor...everything. Also looked at a proscenic m7 pro (too unknown, zero support expected from Chinese company) for similar pricing. And the deebot T8AIVI with its self empty base was too much, getting close to Roomba s9 territory, with reports that the water basin in it has to be refilled every time it starts (defeats the purpose of the self empty base no?).

In the end I bought the iRobot i4+ from the Costco deal, will see how it pans out when it arrives. A factor in buying it over the more expensive i7 is that it actually can see in the dark unlike other roombas, because it's kind of blind to start with (no top mounted vslam camera). So I can let run around the basement like some kind of robot vole if I'm really lazy.. and be sure that it actually does the job.

As soon as iRobot figures out reliable LiDAR and camera AI for their high end bots, everyone else is in trouble since you can't beat their reliability and build quality. In a few years I'd expect something like an S9 but with obstacle/poop avoidance... until then the i4 felt like a good enough middle of the road worker.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I also bought the iRobot i4+ as it has better reviews. Can always return if it sucks. Are you guys going to be reusing the bags or buying new ones? I think I'm gonna reuse them.
Dec 14, 2019
86 posts
72 upvotes
Whitby
hakira wrote: I didn't want a neato because they don't self empty and I don't see the point in a robot that can't do that, my house is small enough that I can buy a stick Dyson and do it all in less time, with more physical effort and the same amount of bin emptying at the end.

Looked at the shark IQ simply because of the self empty and passed it over due to reports of poor...everything. Also looked at a proscenic m7 pro (too unknown, zero support expected from Chinese company) for similar pricing. And the deebot T8AIVI with its self empty base was too much, getting close to Roomba s9 territory, with reports that the water basin in it has to be refilled every time it starts (defeats the purpose of the self empty base no?).

In the end I bought the iRobot i4+ from the Costco deal, will see how it pans out when it arrives. A factor in buying it over the more expensive i7 is that it actually can see in the dark unlike other roombas, because it's kind of blind to start with (no top mounted vslam camera). So I can let run around the basement like some kind of robot vole if I'm really lazy.. and be sure that it actually does the job.

As soon as iRobot figures out reliable LiDAR and camera AI for their high end bots, everyone else is in trouble since you can't beat their reliability and build quality. In a few years I'd expect something like an S9 but with obstacle/poop avoidance... until then the i4 felt like a good enough middle of the road worker.
bomber17 wrote: I also bought the iRobot i4+ as it has better reviews. Can always return if it sucks. Are you guys going to be reusing the bags or buying new ones? I think I'm gonna reuse them.
Does I4 work in the dark with absolute no lights? I really doubt it.. please let know then it will be a worthy pickGrimacing Face