Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Sharp 4K 65” TV 4T-C65CK5UD $499.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2023 12:51 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 25, 2020
11 posts
44 upvotes

[Costco] Sharp 4K 65” TV 4T-C65CK5UD $499.99

This seems like an amazing price for a TV but I can’t find any reviews online. It’s hard to say if this is a steal or just a bargain. If anyone has purchased please share your experience.

I can’t see it on Costco.ca. Seen at the Ottawa (Kanata) location.
Images
  • DD2AC277-E9A4-4111-ACA2-D3555596A752.jpeg
221 replies
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1901 posts
2712 upvotes
Halifax
AFAIK in Canada Sharp brand name is still owned by Hisense. So this would be a rebadged Hisense. Maybe they are trying to bring the name back. I would say that quality / performance would be on par with Hisense model with similar specs.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15937 posts
7529 upvotes
London
Sharp is about as low end as you can get in tvs today

They are basically on par with RCA
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2952 posts
3211 upvotes
Surrey
Even if Sharp TVs are now produced by Hisense, my parents would prefer this Sharp TV any day over Hisense branded TVs, since our old Sharp TV survived for over a decade. Not the best reasoning but yea
Last edited by henrik112 on Dec 3rd, 2022 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
17327 posts
4719 upvotes
Damn..that is hot deal for 65inch

Anyone see this in GTA?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8826 posts
5816 upvotes
Global Village
henrik112 wrote: Even if Sharp TVs are now produced by Hisense, my parents would prefer this Sharp TV any day over Hisense branded TVs, since our old Sharp TV survived for over a decade. Not the best reasoning but yea
Don't expect anywhere near the quality. In fact the product quality was so bad under Hisense they were sued for destroying the brand reputation.

https://smarthomestarter.com/who-is-the ... -sharp-tv/
All day I dream about sports

My Banks: Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
2952 posts
3211 upvotes
Surrey
scoper wrote: Don't expect anywhere near the quality. In fact the product quality was so bad under Hisense they were sued for destroying the brand reputation.

https://smarthomestarter.com/who-is-the ... -sharp-tv/
I was just stating what my parents’ view of this product would be. However, I’m not interested in getting any other TV except an OLED, so that I can give them my X90J
Aug 20, 2017
226 posts
285 upvotes
My 3 year old sharp 55’ 4k is still going strong today.. not a single dead pixel..

Sharp panels were being made by Hisense for a while, but I believe it has since gone back to sharp..

My rca 1080p led tv lasted 10 years until I finally sold it a few years ago.. lol must have been from a good batch!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
6540 posts
8296 upvotes
GTA
henrik112 wrote: Even if Sharp TVs are now produced by Hisense, my parents would prefer this Sharp TV any day over Hisense branded TVs, since our old Sharp TV survived for over a decade. Not the best reasoning but yea
And this is why companies license TV brand names, to trick people into thinking that they are getting a TV of the same quality as they were in the past. People need to realize that they are trying to fool you by doing nothing more than slapping a name label on their TVs rather than putting their own name on them. It's just a sales tactic to sell TVs manufactured by them under the guise of being a well known and respected brand name.

Edit: Looks like Sharp took the license away from Hisense and starting making TVs again for North America which were available starting earlier this year.

In June 2017, Sharp sued its Chinese licensee Hisense for damaging the reputation of its brand, seeking an exit from its licensing agreement. Sharp accused the company of producing "shoddily manufactured" televisions under the Sharp name, including products they believed were in violation of U.S. safety standards for electromagnetic radiation, and the subject of deceptive advertising over their quality.
Last edited by tew on Dec 3rd, 2022 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24762 posts
32454 upvotes
Tough choice.

I would prefer ONN to Sharp at this point, but there's not much sunlight between the two.

The ONN 65" was also $499.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2017
1419 posts
1266 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
commanderding wrote: My 3 year old sharp 55’ 4k is still going strong today.. not a single dead pixel..

Sharp panels were being made by Hisense for a while, but I believe it has since gone back to sharp..

My rca 1080p led tv lasted 10 years until I finally sold it a few years ago.. lol must have been from a good batch!
Same with my 3 or 4 year old Sharp 55" 4k smart. I still remember $298 at Visions for doorcrasher, and could even price match that doorcrasher and get it even cheaper for $278 at Superstore in 2018 I think this was.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2308 posts
1352 upvotes
Home
It's QLED, so better than a run of the mill Hisense?
Oct 27, 2004
367 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
Saw it in Oshawa south, and 1 person return an opened box too.
Images
  • IMG_20221203_132920.jpg
Deal Addict
May 4, 2005
2652 posts
213 upvotes
Sandman wrote: Saw it in Oshawa south, and 1 person return an opened box too.
The boxing reminds me of the look of the Hinse and their labeling on the box
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2827 posts
901 upvotes
West
Is 60hz native refresh rate still a deal breaker for TV purchases? Haven't purchased a TV in years but remember back then that you needed a min of 120hz refresh rate to watch fast-moving sports without noticable stutter/ghosting. FWIW we have a 120hz Sharp Aquos TV purchased from Costco like 10-12 years ago and it works just as good as it did when we bought it (knock on wood).
Last edited by WhatsTheRush on Dec 3rd, 2022 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the Koodo plan bandwagon 😉
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15937 posts
7529 upvotes
London
WhatsTheRush wrote: Is 60hz native refresh rate still a deal breaker for TV purchases? Haven't purchased a TV in years but remember back then that you needed a min of 120hz refresh rate to watch fast-moving sports without noticable stutter/ghosting. FWIW we have a 120hz Sharp TV purchased from Costco like 13 years ago and it works just as good as it did when we bought it (knock on wood).
There is no content you're going to watch that is higher than 60hz

"120hz" modes on 60hz displays use motion interpolation which should never be used if you care about quality.

It is artificially adding transition frames to create a fake "smooth" image
Aug 21, 2011
35 posts
37 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
I had a Hisense 65” 4K QLED from Costco and I liked it and got second one this BF sale. The picture quality is amazing. If this is manufactured by Hisense I would not hesitate to buy it at this price. They are world’s No. 2 and China’s No. 1 if you watch World Cup these days. If you worry about quality just get Costco 5 year extended warranty.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24762 posts
32454 upvotes
philinux wrote: I had a Hisense 65” 4K QLED from Costco and I liked it and got second one this BF sale. The picture quality is amazing. If this is manufactured by Hisense I would not hesitate to buy it at this price. They are world’s No. 2 and China’s No. 1 if you watch World Cup these days. If you worry about quality just get Costco 5 year extended warranty.
If Costco warranty was around 2000 years ago, it would be the 11th commandment.
Sep 14, 2007
952 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto
What happens if you return a tv to costco outside of warranty period, they deny you?