None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1198 posts
299 upvotes
Vaughan

Costco Shed Foundation

I understand that there are a couple of threads out there discussing building the shed foundation. However, I couldn't quite find the answer I needed.

I hired contractors to do interlocking in the backyard and also a spot for the shed for which they layed concrete 30inx24in slabs. The initial plan was to just build the shed ontop of these slabs. Overall, the slabs look fairly level but there are some that are ever so slightly higher and others ever so slightly lower.

When building the shed, can I just put it on top of the slabs? or do I need a wood base for the shed which will then go on top of the slabs.

Thanks
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3995 posts
3017 upvotes
GTA
What is under the slabs? Compacted gravel, sand? Or maybe they just put the slabs on the ground? I build the frame on concrete slabs. Excavated some dirt, compacted some gravel, concrete slabs on all corners on inside wooden frame. 10 years after the build and the eye on the level is still perfectly in the middle:-)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1198 posts
299 upvotes
Vaughan
Tommy74 wrote: What is under the slabs? Compacted gravel, sand? Or maybe they just put the slabs on the ground? I build the frame on concrete slabs. Excavated some dirt, compacted some gravel, concrete slabs on all corners on inside wooden frame. 10 years after the build and the eye on the level is still perfectly in the middle:-)
they put compact gravel and then screening on top and then the concrete slabs. they had to had to add quite a bit since the grading was pretty bad.

can you clarify what you mean by "concrete slabs on all corners on inside the wooden frame"? does that mean you built the wooden frame, then put the gravel inside the wooden frame, and then slabs on top of the wooden frame?