Shopping Discussion

Costco Shipping always this slow?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2021 12:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6797 posts
2479 upvotes

Costco Shipping always this slow?

Order received: 5/5/2021 2:12 PM (Central Daylight Time)
Origin: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Current status:
In Transit

History:
Date Time Status Activity
5/10/2021 8:33 AM In Transit ** Received in Vancouver (TRANSOURCE) / Reçu à Vancouver (TRANSOURCE)
5/11/2021 9:45 AM In Transit Shipped on Trans#12166, ETA to Calgary DC is May 13
5/18/2021 7:32 PM In Transit Received at Kore Calgary / Reçu à/ le KORE Calgary
5/19/2021 6:24 AM In Transit Shipped J&R Hall eta DA 05/25/21

I don't understand how you could possibly take this long to ship a package? Destination is WInnipeg.
12 replies
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
16835 posts
32860 upvotes
Scarborough
The bike I ordered from Costco in early May arrived in 6 business days. BC > ON via UPS ground.

Your order seems to be moving especially slow.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 14, 2001
4857 posts
3318 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Not always.
😱
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6797 posts
2479 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: The bike I ordered from Costco in early May arrived in 6 business days. BC > ON via UPS ground.

Your order seems to be moving especially slow.
Being shipped from Alero Worldwide which I never heard of till now. Kinda weird.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 3, 2014
3164 posts
2821 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
baz5 wrote: Order received: 5/5/2021 2:12 PM (Central Daylight Time)
I don't understand how you could possibly take this long to ship a package? Destination is WInnipeg.
What did you discover when you called Costco.ca Customer support? I've had one or two longer deliveries, but they were delayed at source, not during shipping.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2490 posts
1809 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Yup.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6797 posts
2479 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote: What did you discover when you called Costco.ca Customer support? I've had one or two longer deliveries, but they were delayed at source, not during shipping.
Haven't called yet as there are atleast somewhat updates. Had a desk before there were no updates in two weeks and they reshipped.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2008
1714 posts
678 upvotes
The Capital
I guess it depends on what you bought?

I bought a TV on May 12, and I'm getting it this week (28th)... I'll be curious to see how it arrives, as Fedex already called me and forewarned me that I may have to pay brokerage...

That will be unfortunate as I didn't see a warning on their site...
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 3, 2006
5237 posts
2547 upvotes
Winnipeg
baz5 wrote: Being shipped from Alero Worldwide which I never heard of till now. Kinda weird.
Many items that Costco sells come directly from the manufacturer or a third party.
This isn't a blog.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4800 posts
4549 upvotes
Toronto
Most things (especially large stuff: appliances, furniture, etc.) are drop shipped, i.e. Costco doesn't keep inventory and tells the distributor to send it to you directly. That's likely what happened and the distributor used that courier/freight company that is probably small and taking their time. It's out of Costco's control. You can complain to Costco, Costco will complain to the distributor, the distributor will complain to the courier, but it'll probably be at your door by it time the message gets relayed.

Another distributor might use a better/fast courier for their items. Items that Costco Online keeps in inventory is usually sent out via UPS, which is fast.

That's why you can't generalize and say "Costco shipping". It really varies by who is shipping and what they use.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6797 posts
2479 upvotes
Sounds they are going to call to delivery very soon.
I was correct about calling costco as because there were still updates they can't really do anything.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22827 posts
21659 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mmagda wrote: I guess it depends on what you bought?

I bought a TV on May 12, and I'm getting it this week (28th)... I'll be curious to see how it arrives, as Fedex already called me and forewarned me that I may have to pay brokerage...

That will be unfortunate as I didn't see a warning on their site...
jcon wrote:
Many items that Costco sells come directly from the manufacturer or a third party.
jm1 wrote: Most things (especially large stuff: appliances, furniture, etc.) are drop shipped, i.e. Costco doesn't keep inventory and tells the distributor to send it to you directly. That's likely what happened and the distributor used that courier/freight company that is probably small and taking their time. It's out of Costco's control. You can complain to Costco, Costco will complain to the distributor, the distributor will complain to the courier, but it'll probably be at your door by it time the message gets relayed.

Another distributor might use a better/fast courier for their items. Items that Costco Online keeps in inventory is usually sent out via UPS, which is fast.

That's why you can't generalize and say "Costco shipping". It really varies by who is shipping and what they use.
All of this

Sounds like your Costco item is coming to you direct from manufacturer

As well, there are a lot of SUPPLY CHAIN issues cuz of Covid.

So for example, if it was an Appliance ... there are back orders & huge delays right across North America

Boils down to electronics / parts coming from Asia, world shortage now due to their past lockdowns / shutdowns
And transportation issues (no kidding ... the slow boat from China) ... cuz fewer planes flying than normal
And International Ports are clogged with ships waiting to unload / reload
And here in North America we’ve all seen lockdowns & shutdowns ... and outbreaks in plants & warehouses
It all takes its toll / adds up

Also why costs are going up ...
Demand is outstripping current supply
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2011
1462 posts
1492 upvotes
Toronto
Just to chime in, I also am waiting to get something from Alero Worldwide / Kore Calgary for some furniture I bought on Costco. The item actually is coming from Calgary to Ontario.

They said 10-15 business days so hopefully it works out to less than 3 full weeks…

Some other items I bought was shipped via UPS as they were smaller items.

Top