• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2021 12:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6481 posts
2124 upvotes

Costco Shipping always this slow?

Order received: 5/5/2021 2:12 PM (Central Daylight Time)
Origin: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Current status:
In Transit

History:
Date Time Status Activity
5/10/2021 8:33 AM In Transit ** Received in Vancouver (TRANSOURCE) / Reçu à Vancouver (TRANSOURCE)
5/11/2021 9:45 AM In Transit Shipped on Trans#12166, ETA to Calgary DC is May 13
5/18/2021 7:32 PM In Transit Received at Kore Calgary / Reçu à/ le KORE Calgary
5/19/2021 6:24 AM In Transit Shipped J&R Hall eta DA 05/25/21

I don't understand how you could possibly take this long to ship a package? Destination is WInnipeg.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4556 posts
2845 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Not always.
😱
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6481 posts
2124 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: The bike I ordered from Costco in early May arrived in 6 business days. BC > ON via UPS ground.

Your order seems to be moving especially slow.
Being shipped from Alero Worldwide which I never heard of till now. Kinda weird.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2913 posts
2309 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
baz5 wrote: Order received: 5/5/2021 2:12 PM (Central Daylight Time)
I don't understand how you could possibly take this long to ship a package? Destination is WInnipeg.
What did you discover when you called Costco.ca Customer support? I've had one or two longer deliveries, but they were delayed at source, not during shipping.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2122 posts
1357 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Yup.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6481 posts
2124 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote: What did you discover when you called Costco.ca Customer support? I've had one or two longer deliveries, but they were delayed at source, not during shipping.
Haven't called yet as there are atleast somewhat updates. Had a desk before there were no updates in two weeks and they reshipped.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2008
1449 posts
389 upvotes
I guess it depends on what you bought?

I bought a TV on May 12, and I'm getting it this week (28th)... I'll be curious to see how it arrives, as Fedex already called me and forewarned me that I may have to pay brokerage...

That will be unfortunate as I didn't see a warning on their site...
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4906 posts
2065 upvotes
Winnipeg
baz5 wrote: Being shipped from Alero Worldwide which I never heard of till now. Kinda weird.
Many items that Costco sells come directly from the manufacturer or a third party.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4426 posts
3909 upvotes
Toronto
Most things (especially large stuff: appliances, furniture, etc.) are drop shipped, i.e. Costco doesn't keep inventory and tells the distributor to send it to you directly. That's likely what happened and the distributor used that courier/freight company that is probably small and taking their time. It's out of Costco's control. You can complain to Costco, Costco will complain to the distributor, the distributor will complain to the courier, but it'll probably be at your door by it time the message gets relayed.

Another distributor might use a better/fast courier for their items. Items that Costco Online keeps in inventory is usually sent out via UPS, which is fast.

That's why you can't generalize and say "Costco shipping". It really varies by who is shipping and what they use.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6481 posts
2124 upvotes
Sounds they are going to call to delivery very soon.
I was correct about calling costco as because there were still updates they can't really do anything.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
17721 posts
15180 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mmagda wrote: I guess it depends on what you bought?

I bought a TV on May 12, and I'm getting it this week (28th)... I'll be curious to see how it arrives, as Fedex already called me and forewarned me that I may have to pay brokerage...

That will be unfortunate as I didn't see a warning on their site...
jcon wrote:
Many items that Costco sells come directly from the manufacturer or a third party.
jm1 wrote: Most things (especially large stuff: appliances, furniture, etc.) are drop shipped, i.e. Costco doesn't keep inventory and tells the distributor to send it to you directly. That's likely what happened and the distributor used that courier/freight company that is probably small and taking their time. It's out of Costco's control. You can complain to Costco, Costco will complain to the distributor, the distributor will complain to the courier, but it'll probably be at your door by it time the message gets relayed.

Another distributor might use a better/fast courier for their items. Items that Costco Online keeps in inventory is usually sent out via UPS, which is fast.

That's why you can't generalize and say "Costco shipping". It really varies by who is shipping and what they use.
All of this

Sounds like your Costco item is coming to you direct from manufacturer

As well, there are a lot of SUPPLY CHAIN issues cuz of Covid.

So for example, if it was an Appliance ... there are back orders & huge delays right across North America

Boils down to electronics / parts coming from Asia, world shortage now due to their past lockdowns / shutdowns
And transportation issues (no kidding ... the slow boat from China) ... cuz fewer planes flying than normal
And International Ports are clogged with ships waiting to unload / reload
And here in North America we’ve all seen lockdowns & shutdowns ... and outbreaks in plants & warehouses
It all takes its toll / adds up

Also why costs are going up ...
Demand is outstripping current supply
Mar 28, 2011
979 posts
753 upvotes
Toronto
Just to chime in, I also am waiting to get something from Alero Worldwide / Kore Calgary for some furniture I bought on Costco. The item actually is coming from Calgary to Ontario.

They said 10-15 business days so hopefully it works out to less than 3 full weeks…

Some other items I bought was shipped via UPS as they were smaller items.