• Jul 30th, 2020 8:58 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1702 posts
769 upvotes
Ontario

Costco shipping delay?

How long are people waiting for their orders from Costco Ontario? I ordered stuff at beginning of month and still not arrived, should I give it a bit longer?
Thanks
·Ï¢årµ§·
38 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3391 posts
1196 upvotes
Woodbridge
April 5th - Ordered a coffee grinder, sweatshirt and eye cream
April 6th - Costco notification that all three items shipped and received UPS My Choice notification of delivery on the 7th
April 7th - coffee grinder and sweatshirt delivered
April 8th - received UPS My Choice notification of delivery on the 9th
April 9th - eye cream delivered

April 9th - ordered a piano keyboard, Costco's estimated delivery is April 23rd
April 11th - ordered exercise bike, no estimated delivery
April 12th - Costco notification that exercise bike shipped (shipped from Costco's Vaughan warehouse, delivery to Woodbridge through UPS' Concord distribution centre)
April 13th - Costco notification that keyboard shipped (shipped from Costco's Vaughan warehouse, delivery to Woodbridge through UPS' Concord distribution centre)
April 14th - UPS My Choice notification of exercise bike delivery on the 15th
April 15th - UPS My Choice notification of exercise bike delivery today, then another notification of revised delivery date of the 16th (tracking status - In Transit in Concord ON)
April 15th - UPS My Choice notification that keyboard is delayed (tracking status - Held in Concord ON - the notification stated that the package was scheduled to be delivered on the 15th but this was the first UPS notification about this package - nothing about it having been shipped or scheduled delivery, just the delay)
April 16th - UPS My Choice notification that keyboard is still delayed
April 17th - UPS My Choice notification that keyboard is delayed by one day and scheduled delivery of Monday, April 20th (tracking status - Delay, scheduled delivery April 20th).
April 19th - UPS My Choice notification that keyboard is scheduled to be delivered on Monday, April 20th
April 20th - UPS My choice notification that keyboard is delayed (tracking status changed back to Held).

No further news on the exercise bike. It was scheduled for delivery three days last week but the tracking status never moved from In Transit. No idea why the keyboard went from Held to Delay back to Held. Presumably, there must have been some scan or some event somewhere along the line. UPS reps on Twitter have been less than helpful, citing volume and an inability to contact the centre for any inquiries related to delays caused by COVID.

This thread has some other experiences - ups-held-delivery-2363902/
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15861 posts
13076 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
We found of late that the estimates on the website are pretty accurate
Today it says ... 7 to 12 Days

So I would expect anything I order today would be here somewhere in that timeframe
Some items definitely at the tail end (or a tad longer * )
Esp so if they are in the essentials category that the hoarders are still buying enmasse
(TP - PT - Disinfectant Wipes etc )

* We ordered a bunch of stuff at the end of March / beginning of April
When the order was placed the estimated delivery was 7 to 8 days
Which is when the majority of my stuff showed up
In the interim ... the delivery estimates on the website moved up to 9 to 10 days
That’s pretty much when my last item (PT ) showed up ... DAY # 10

So keep an eye on the website for Delivery Forecasts
And be aware that if you’ve ordered a Covid Essential item it could be a tad longer than the rest of your order

You can read my detailed account here = anybody-been-able-order-lysol-wipes-cos ... #p32369251
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1702 posts
769 upvotes
Ontario
Yes, mine says 7-12 days as well, but that was supposed to be last Friday. :(
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15861 posts
13076 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
IcarusLSC wrote: Yes, mine says 7-12 days as well, but that was supposed to be last Friday. :(
Remember ... how they count
Orders after NOON count into the next day / date
And they count Business Days ... whatever their interpretation of that is
(Prob not Saturday or Sunday )
With the recent long weekend
There are 2 extra days that don’t count too (at least in Ontario)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1702 posts
769 upvotes
Ontario
Yes, true enough. I'll have to wait a bit more I guess.
Thanks all...
·Ï¢årµ§·
Oct 16, 2007
655 posts
567 upvotes
Montr
I ordered many times from Costco.ca

It's getting worst everyday. The latest order, they shipped my 20 items in 12 separate packages (12 different tracking numbers). UPS was delivering 1-2 items everyday for a few days and then stopped. All the items where tracked at the same facility near me but they couldn't deliver them at once? Now, i just received an email from Costco, they will credit me the items since they are on their way back to Costco?!? I've waited 2 weeks for absolutely nothing.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15861 posts
13076 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
frederixx wrote: I ordered many times from Costco.ca

It's getting worst everyday. The latest order, they shipped my 20 items in 12 separate packages (12 different tracking numbers). UPS was delivering 1-2 items everyday for a few days and then stopped. All the items where tracked at the same facility near me but they couldn't deliver them at once? Now, i just received an email from Costco, they will credit me the items since they are on their way back to Costco?!? I've waited 2 weeks for absolutely nothing.
My last Costco order was 3 items.
And it did show up like this too
In 3 different pkgs
2 on one day
And then the 3rd on another

Right now I have an order in for 11 items (7 are Grocery + 4 are Non Grocery)
I do expect them to trickle in over the next 2 weeks
Probably all boxed separately
It is what it is
In these Crazy Covid days
Oct 16, 2007
655 posts
567 upvotes
Montr
PointsHubby wrote: My last Costco order was 3 items.
And it did show up like this too
In 3 different pkgs
2 on one day
And then the 3rd on another

Right now I have an order in for 11 items (7 are Grocery + 4 are Non Grocery)
I do expect them to trickle in over the next 2 weeks
Probably all boxed separately
It is what it is
In these Crazy Covid days
I didn't care much about the delay and seperate items, but why shipped them back when they've been sitting at the UPS facility near me for many days now. I'll give them a call today
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3391 posts
1196 upvotes
Woodbridge
frederixx wrote: I ordered many times from Costco.ca

If that happened to me that would be very frustrating. UPS is picking my items up from a Costco Distribution Centre that's 8km from my house and driving within 1km of my home to take them to the UPS Centre that's 5km from me. I wish I had the option to pick it up from one or the other. Hell, I'll grab them off the truck at a red light at this point. They're so close, yet so far :P
Dec 10, 2012
435 posts
281 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm in BC. Ordered March 21. Received my order yesterday. Total joke and all on UPS
May 16, 2012
180 posts
61 upvotes
Mississauga/Toronto
I ordered a soundbar from Costco last week, it arrived in 3 days.
I was surprised is came so quick. So I guess it depends on what you order and where it is fulfilled from.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4914 posts
3970 upvotes
Costco is amazing...ordered a chair Monday afternoon, it was shipped from Quebec and I got it Tuesday afternoon in Markham
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
6099 posts
3072 upvotes
Vancouver
I placed an order on Sunday April 19 for diapers/baby wipes and was shipped Monday April 20. Supposed to arrive tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3391 posts
1196 upvotes
Woodbridge
dejreg wrote: I ordered a soundbar from Costco last week, it arrived in 3 days.
I was surprised is came so quick. So I guess it depends on what you order and where it is fulfilled from.
StatsGuy wrote: Costco is amazing...ordered a chair Monday afternoon, it was shipped from Quebec and I got it Tuesday afternoon in Markham
notenoughsleep wrote: I placed an order on Sunday April 19 for diapers/baby wipes and was shipped Monday April 20. Supposed to arrive tomorrow.
Have any of your items passed through Concord ON?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1702 posts
769 upvotes
Ontario
I haven't even gotten notice its shipped. Costco sucks.
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2070 posts
2293 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sunday April 19th: Placed Order
April 22nd: Received shipping notice
Thursday April 23rd: Out for delivery
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
3391 posts
1196 upvotes
Woodbridge
blackston3 wrote: Sunday April 19th: Placed Order
April 22nd: Received shipping notice
Thursday April 23rd: Out for delivery
Show off.

UPS, right? Did yours pass through Concord at any point? I'm also curious about the weight of the package. Maybe small items are being processed differently? The stuff I'm waiting for is 50lb+ and 80lb+
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4914 posts
3970 upvotes
OntEdTchr wrote: Show off.

UPS, right? Did yours pass through Concord at any point? I'm also curious about the weight of the package. Maybe small items are being processed differently? The stuff I'm waiting for is 50lb+ and 80lb+
Yup...3 packages all passed through Concord including 2 big bulky items (accent chairs). The bigger items I got within a day being shipped from Quebec. (Left Quebec on April 20 and got it on 21 via Concord)

The smaller item (hair clippers) I got in two days , processed on April 20 and arrived April 22. Also via Concord