• Oct 30th, 2017 7:18 am
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1543 posts
624 upvotes
Vancouver
TitusBobby wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 3:47 pm
Are you sure this is a better, newer model than the Express which retails at over 300? 350 on Amazon and Shoppers and 320 when on sale

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ZXZAQ88/ref ... QybVGN6Q5J

I'd be interested for my hairy back which would cost a fortune otherwise
https://silkn.eu/uk/products/hair-removal/

This one looks exactly like the Motion 350.000 and the Express looks like the Express 300.000
Feb 5, 2013
16 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton
So the main difference between this pro version and the other bella flash @ Costco, is the amount of flashes it has?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1543 posts
624 upvotes
Vancouver
johnnylikey wrote:
Feb 21st, 2017 12:36 pm
So the main difference between this pro version and the other bella flash @ Costco, is the amount of flashes it has?
Yes. Especially the Pro is on sale now, it makes no sense to buy the regular model.

I got a reply from Silk'n about the difference between Flash & Go and Bella Flash Pro
The BellaFlash Pro and the Flash&Go Express are very similar devices as both are considered "lifetime" use for multiple users, and all of our hair removal products use the same great HPL technology for hair removal. HPL technology is safe and approved by Health Canada and FDA for at-home hair removal.

Other than the physical differences, the BellaFlash Pro is pre-loaded with 450,000 flashes, while the Express has slightly less at 300,000 flashes. Both devices have a 3cm² treatment window which is perfect for use on smaller/precision areas such as upper lip or cheeks, using the Pulsing mode. Both devices also feature a second mode, Gliding, that enables the machine to automatically release flashes as you gently slide it along your legs or other large areas.

The BellaFlash Pro has a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, as does the Flash&Go Express. However, if purchased directly from silkn.com we currently have a promotional double warranty offered with the purchase of an Express unit.
For $230, the Pro is a better buy and the warranty from Costco makes this a no-brainer deal.
Apr 6, 2011
72 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
pkphilip wrote:
Feb 21st, 2017 12:48 pm
Yes. Especially the Pro is on sale now, it makes no sense to buy the regular model.

I got a reply from Silk'n about the difference between Flash & Go and Bella Flash Pro

For $230, the Pro is a better buy and the warranty from Costco makes this a no-brainer deal.
i bought the regular model "Silk'n BellaFlash Hair Removal System" couple months ago for $189.99 ($50 discount)
and say its worth every penny. You have to be patient with this, even if you go out to get it professionally done, you also have to be patient. This isn't an immediate result product.

https://m.costco.ca/Silk'n-BellaFlash-H ... 47087.html

I don't understand why there's so much downvoting.
Jul 28, 2008
664 posts
36 upvotes
GTA
Has anyone seen this in store, or online only?
Sep 9, 2010
201 posts
38 upvotes
Mississauga
I would be concerned about health risks on these devices. They state don't use near moles or freckles. I assume birth/beauty marks are bad as well. It can burn your skin. If you have a history of skin cancer in your family meaning there must be some form of UV. Would be a shame to use something like this and find out years from now it caused skin conditions or worse skin cancer.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2007
2680 posts
42 upvotes
pkphilip wrote:
Feb 20th, 2017 1:04 am
I've done a lot of research because the wife wants to buy this for her birthday.

This device will not work in dark skin tone or recently tanned skin.

From what I have been reading, all the devices from Silk'n have got FDA approval for home use. It uses quartz bulbs that last about 350,000 times, which equals to about 2 person worth of treatments. You can use it anywhere, they do caution about using it near the genital, anus and eye.

I have inquired with Silk'n about the differences on this and the Flash & Go Express as the Bella Flash is not on their site. After some researches in their EU site, it seems this is the next model up from the Flash & Go Express.

I don't think this thread deserves the down-vote because this device does work, you just have to follow the instruction and not rush the treatments. Particular when something equivalents is about $300+, I will definitely buy this. This is Costco, and anyone can take advantage of the return policy should this not work for anyone.
I know Costco has a liberal return policy - but will they really take such an 'personal' item back if we're not satisfied? I was actually looking into getting an epilator from them and a return policy like this would be reassuring
Nov 11, 2003
374 posts
104 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought one for my girlfriend. Very good results. I heard it doesn't work so good on light coloured hair thou
Jul 28, 2008
664 posts
36 upvotes
GTA
Yes. Returned items don't go back on the shelf, so it doesn't matter.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1493 posts
193 upvotes
starrysim wrote:
Feb 25th, 2017 1:41 pm
Yes. Returned items don't go back on the shelf, so it doesn't matter.
They do. I've seen vacuums where the package had been disassembled and put back together. It wasn't the display model either.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1543 posts
624 upvotes
Vancouver
passthatversace wrote:
Feb 25th, 2017 12:42 pm
I know Costco has a liberal return policy - but will they really take such an 'personal' item back if we're not satisfied? I was actually looking into getting an epilator from them and a return policy like this would be reassuring
To be honest, working in big box retailers for over 15 years I have never seen a returned personal beauty/health items get re-stocked on the shelves. Big chains like Costco knows better about product with personal data and hygienic products cannot be resold without going through the respective procedures.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
1543 posts
624 upvotes
Vancouver
Lamma wrote:
Feb 25th, 2017 11:37 am
I would be concerned about health risks on these devices. They state don't use near moles or freckles. I assume birth/beauty marks are bad as well. It can burn your skin. If you have a history of skin cancer in your family meaning there must be some form of UV. Would be a shame to use something like this and find out years from now it caused skin conditions or worse skin cancer.
Silk'n uses quartz bulb flashes during treatment and from what I am reading, it's at 1Hz. Quartz bulb has small amount of halogen and these have been used in lighting for decades, like most halogen bulbs, they have a UV filtering glass to produce the same illumination with less UV than a standard incandescent lamp. Since this is FDA and Health Canada approved, I think it is safe to use. I think it's better to consult with Silk'n if you have history of skin cancer in your family.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2007
2680 posts
42 upvotes
Thanks everyone!!! I think I'm gonna take the plunge on this or the epilator :)
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2015
2831 posts
14166 upvotes
BC, Lower Mainland
vivibaby wrote:
Feb 25th, 2017 1:44 pm
They do. I've seen vacuums where the package had been disassembled and put back together. It wasn't the display model either.
Those were probably customers opened it instore to check what's inside.
We get that a lot in Richmond Costco. No manners at all