Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Simplehuman 45L stepcan $100 ($130)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2019 9:07 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8267 posts
2547 upvotes
Toronto
I was intrigued by the title
Garbage deal
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2197 posts
915 upvotes
B.C.
Anikiri wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 1:47 pm
Just use regular bags you find at Costco. Fits fine.
Just to double check - the white kitchen bags from Costco will fit this right?

Can anyone confirm?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1342 posts
1242 upvotes
Alberta
I'm sure that other garbage bags will fit, but I will only buy the simplehuman ones for a couple of reasons. The can has a dispenser built in to accommodate the bag refills. They are also custom tailored for the can and invisible with the lid closed. The bags are also very high quality with a nice draw string...
Dec 23, 2015
747 posts
865 upvotes
I think my ancestors would come back and slap me hard if I paid $100 for a trash can.
Apr 5, 2009
222 posts
330 upvotes
Vancouver
Simplehuman products are expensive but worth it. We’ve never bought the garbage can but it’s on our list of things we want. We also bought the $100 shower caddy from them and even years later it still looks new, no rust, no signs of wear. I’ve had cheap ones before and they break or rust after just a few months. Simplehuman is for people who want to buy once and know it’s going to be reliable and will last for a long time.
Aug 24, 2015
183 posts
611 upvotes
AB
a lot of people will quickly criticize someone for spending $100 on an item they will use pretty much every day of their lives but won’t bat an eyelash spending $100 on a golden basketball that will just collect dust on a shelf
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
8509 posts
6009 upvotes
Markham
lennyandcarl wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 2:43 pm

Can anyone confirm?
I can confirm this as I am doing this.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2007
1145 posts
344 upvotes
I can vouch for simplehuman products as well. I have:

2 x liquid sensor soap pump. You really can't leave water spots and fingerprints on this metal. My god it is amazing.
1 x semi-round sensor can with liner pocket. Seriously just walk upto it and it opens up and it has all the garbage bags in the back for easy reload. No fingerprints.
1 x slim sink caddy. Suction cups kept failing but all I had to do was rub some vaseline on the edges of the suction cups and now it is awesome
2 x 10L butterfly step can. Sweet baby Jesus. The quietest thing ever and the butterfly closing mechanism is amazing. Quick open Quick Close. People can't tell when I am done pooping just because the lid doesn't go THUMP everytime I am done.
1 x 10L in-cabinet can. Awesome for space saving. Hangs just inside the sink door for throwing out kitchen wet garbage.
1 x adjustable shower caddy plus. You really need this in your bathroom/shower.

Amazing products. I mean seriously. I know I was out of my mind spending $150 on a garbage can but it was well worth it. Everything is rust-proof, fingerprint-proof and comes with many years of warranty.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1148 posts
388 upvotes
For others might want to check home sense or winners, they sometimes carry simplehuman garbage can.
Not sure if they carry any other products though.

As others also mentioned there's no need to buy their own bags, regular garbage bags will do.

These do come with a trial pack of 10 bags, aside from that there's not much difference as the one you have right now.
Feb 20, 2014
54 posts
19 upvotes
i have one and it's amazing. Sure, it's more expensive, but it looks great, works great and i hope to keep it for a long time.

it's really easy to clean, no streaks on the stainless steel at all
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1648 upvotes
lennyandcarl wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 2:43 pm

Can anyone confirm?
No you need special Simply Expensive Humans garbage bags.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1601 posts
459 upvotes
how reliable is the lid connection bracket? The part that connect to the rod that open the lid. On the cheap bins that's the only thing that will break render the bin useless. I saw one at home depot made out of metal which is probably more reliable. The plastic one will fail. Look like this one has 10 years warranty. What is the warranty on?
Life is tough but so are you
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
2332 posts
989 upvotes
xpressmerchant wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 4:34 pm
how reliable is the lid connection bracket? The part that connect to the rod that open the lid. On the cheap bins that's the only thing that will break render the bin useless. I saw one at home depot made out of metal which is probably more reliable. The plastic one will fail. Look like this one has 10 years warranty. What is the warranty on?
Im not sure what the offical warranty is, but i bought a cheaper model plastic SimpleHuman garbage bin a few years ago. During a move, one of the wheels separated and got lost. I called SimpleHuman for a price but they just sent me a new wheel.

Crazy expensive but good support and my latching mechanism is working fine after around 4 years of use