Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Simplehuman 45L stepcan $100 ($130)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2019 9:07 pm
Apr 5, 2009
636 posts
1292 upvotes
Vancouver
Simplehuman products are expensive but worth it. We’ve never bought the garbage can but it’s on our list of things we want. We also bought the $100 shower caddy from them and even years later it still looks new, no rust, no signs of wear. I’ve had cheap ones before and they break or rust after just a few months. Simplehuman is for people who want to buy once and know it’s going to be reliable and will last for a long time.
Aug 24, 2015
552 posts
2211 upvotes
AB
a lot of people will quickly criticize someone for spending $100 on an item they will use pretty much every day of their lives but won’t bat an eyelash spending $100 on a golden basketball that will just collect dust on a shelf
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
lennyandcarl wrote: Just to double check - the white kitchen bags from Costco will fit this right?

Can anyone confirm?
I can confirm this as I am doing this.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2007
1272 posts
1017 upvotes
I can vouch for simplehuman products as well. I have:

2 x liquid sensor soap pump. You really can't leave water spots and fingerprints on this metal. My god it is amazing.
1 x semi-round sensor can with liner pocket. Seriously just walk upto it and it opens up and it has all the garbage bags in the back for easy reload. No fingerprints.
1 x slim sink caddy. Suction cups kept failing but all I had to do was rub some vaseline on the edges of the suction cups and now it is awesome
2 x 10L butterfly step can. Sweet baby Jesus. The quietest thing ever and the butterfly closing mechanism is amazing. Quick open Quick Close. People can't tell when I am done pooping just because the lid doesn't go THUMP everytime I am done.
1 x 10L in-cabinet can. Awesome for space saving. Hangs just inside the sink door for throwing out kitchen wet garbage.
1 x adjustable shower caddy plus. You really need this in your bathroom/shower.

Amazing products. I mean seriously. I know I was out of my mind spending $150 on a garbage can but it was well worth it. Everything is rust-proof, fingerprint-proof and comes with many years of warranty.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
2211 posts
1356 upvotes
For others might want to check home sense or winners, they sometimes carry simplehuman garbage can.
Not sure if they carry any other products though.

As others also mentioned there's no need to buy their own bags, regular garbage bags will do.

These do come with a trial pack of 10 bags, aside from that there's not much difference as the one you have right now.
Feb 20, 2014
262 posts
148 upvotes
i have one and it's amazing. Sure, it's more expensive, but it looks great, works great and i hope to keep it for a long time.

it's really easy to clean, no streaks on the stainless steel at all
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
lennyandcarl wrote: Just to double check - the white kitchen bags from Costco will fit this right?

Can anyone confirm?
No you need special Simply Expensive Humans garbage bags.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
how reliable is the lid connection bracket? The part that connect to the rod that open the lid. On the cheap bins that's the only thing that will break render the bin useless. I saw one at home depot made out of metal which is probably more reliable. The plastic one will fail. Look like this one has 10 years warranty. What is the warranty on?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2009
3155 posts
1869 upvotes
xpressmerchant wrote: how reliable is the lid connection bracket? The part that connect to the rod that open the lid. On the cheap bins that's the only thing that will break render the bin useless. I saw one at home depot made out of metal which is probably more reliable. The plastic one will fail. Look like this one has 10 years warranty. What is the warranty on?
Im not sure what the offical warranty is, but i bought a cheaper model plastic SimpleHuman garbage bin a few years ago. During a move, one of the wheels separated and got lost. I called SimpleHuman for a price but they just sent me a new wheel.

Crazy expensive but good support and my latching mechanism is working fine after around 4 years of use
Dec 25, 2017
502 posts
1147 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Some of us got this for $15 a few weeks ago:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/home-de ... v-2286780/

I think these simplehuman threads are ok to post, but don't use superlatives so much. They just invite unfavorable comparisons.
Are you the dedicated simple human hater? Youre a complete [...] for proposing that these 2 cans are the same. Youre acting in bad faith.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 17th, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rude
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
Started off getting laughed at by fam after I replaced all the garbage bin in the home with Simple human ones cause of the cost.. didnt matter I got them all on deep sales.

After many family events at our place, the complements started from those same family members.

Now a in under a year they all have at least one simple human bin in thier homes.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2010
1803 posts
1303 upvotes
Toronto
We have the model that comes with Alexa and love it!
Was $340 but worth it....Jezh...
May 23, 2019
23 posts
11 upvotes
This isn't Lava Hot because it's $30 less than Amazon for a trashcan bud...
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2008
1168 posts
1981 upvotes
Montreal
[removed]

compare apples with apples. no 15$ garbage can will ever come close to a simplehuman can, not in terms of longevity, not in terms of quality, not in terms of design. by your logic, everyone should just get dollarama garbage cans and every other company that makes superior quality garbage cans should just stop.

I use my garbage cans dozens of times a day and simplehuman has these little designs that just makes it great. The lid doesn't slam when you close it, locking lid, step mechanism that doesn't break, hinge can allows you to keep it oven, easy to clean, doesn't rust. and the list just goes on. This is consistent with all their products, not just a garbage can. The more you use it, the more you appreciate the little thoughtful things they put into the design. This is why I said earlier, people that complain about simplehuman never owned a simplehuman product. Either that, or they don't see the value in all the things I mentioned above.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 17th, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote removed
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2009
1136 posts
634 upvotes
Thanks OP for good deal but I already have this for kitchen and really worth it , no smell with lids closed and clean look and good capacity for 5 days garbage, very solid foot pedal operation. For this garbage bin you don’t have to hide anywhere and can place it at most practical location in the kitchen.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
Be prepared to spend a fortune if you have fingerprintphobia.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
Jonick wrote: If you phrase it that way, then if you are in the market for a yatch, you'd want a good quality yatch. And we're just saying this brand of yatch is expensive but worth it.

compare apples with apples. no 15$ garbage can will ever come close to a simplehuman can, not in terms of longevity, not in terms of quality, not in terms of design. by your logic, everyone should just get dollarama garbage cans and every other company that makes superior quality garbage cans should just stop.

I use my garbage cans dozens of times a day and simplehuman has these little designs that just makes it great. The lid doesn't slam when you close it, locking lid, step mechanism that doesn't break, hinge can allows you to keep it oven, easy to clean, doesn't rust. and the list just goes on. This is consistent with all their products, not just a garbage can. The more you use it, the more you appreciate the little thoughtful things they put into the design. This is why I said earlier, people that complain about simplehuman never owned a simplehuman product. Either that, or they don't see the value in all the things I mentioned above.
I am sure this can has superior build quality but my $10 Walmart plastic can still works fine after 5+ years.

When my plastic can finally bites the dust I will definitely consider this $100 simplehuman can. Hopefully this will be more affordable in 2024.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
3026 posts
1670 upvotes
B.C.
Just went out and bought it.

I'm so happy to have a step can that won't hurt my feet like the crappy one from crappy tire!
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2007
1272 posts
1017 upvotes
lol can we all just stop fighting? Both sides are valid in their own stance. Let me explain.

There is a lifestyle of /r/buyitforlife that is out there and the very philosophy of this lifestyle is the antithesis of these forms. These forms don't encourage price to performance but instead the lowest price possible. All of us Hot Deal subscribers including myself are guilty of this. Just look at our garages full of junk, our apartments full of clutter and your everyday lives full of sh!t items that we bought on sale that are now broken and useless after 18 months. This is the same mentality why Walmart is still in business.

If something goes on sale I almost always start questioning the product. Is it really a good deal? Is it built well? Where is it built? Why is it on sale or clearance? Ideally, good things usually almost always never go on sale and almost all the products posted on these forms are usually utter crap. Once in a while there are some really good hot deals but majority of them are not. I dare someone, DOUBLE DARE someone to post these in the Hot Deal forms:

Dualit Toaster God Tier level toaster. Most of you people will have a heart attack looking at the price and go "wtf, my toaster costs $40". Hell most people will have a heart attack spending $200 on a toaster.

or what about something familiar? The Vitamix A6300. I have yet to see a decent Vitamix deal posted on these forums. The A6300 will never be posted here because the starting God damn price is $820.00. All I see is shitty Ninja (I've owned one before) and Blendtec blenders posted on these forums.

or what about the sh!t TCL TV thread that everyone keeps banging on about in the Hot Deals section. Ask yourselves, the two most difficult things in this world to replicate are audio and video of reality. Big companies like Sony, Dolby, THX, Carl Zeiss, Samsung spend millions of dollars in research on sensors and capture technology to replicate real life audio and video as close as possible so that it can be presented to you in a manner that is the closest to that original reality. You think some sh1t TCL brand is going to give that level of satisfaction? I mean comon.

I own both the toaster and vitamix products above. They are quality items and I can expect solid 10 to 15 years out of them. The people who subscribe to the r/buyitforlife philosophy know the delicate balance between price to performance of the products they own. It doesn't mean you throw money away by constantly buying the next tier up. You will be broke pretty soon. I could've bought the commercial version of the Vitamix because it would be built even better but chose not to because I am not using it for commercial use. This requires tact. These people defending the Simplehuman products and their quality in this thread are the ones who subscribe to this philosophy and kudos to them. I genuinely NEVER expected a Simplehuman product to be posted on the Hot Deals thread because the person who posts, would be accused of being a heretic and that is exactly what happened here.

However, if you feel that you want to walk into a HomeDepot and buy a random brand of trashcan on clearance then all the power to you. You actually are the majority and I understand your point of view. I come from a brown family trust me I know. But please don't shove the minority here that actually wants good products in the douchy "rich elitist yacht owning" category just because we want what is best. I am not rich and live modestly just like you do (hopefully). I think we can all get along here.