Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Simplehuman 45L stepcan $100 ($130)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2019 9:07 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135811 upvotes
888888 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: OP, why do you keep putting LAVA HOT and stuff in most of your posts when their ice cold.
at first, I thought it was $175 on Amazon. Then another rfder said it is the wrong model .

I forgot to remove the lava hot. 40% off on simple human is lava hot
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Jan 20, 2019
534 posts
975 upvotes
Going to buy one of these to throw away my $2200 headphones in, then throw them both away in my reasonably priced $20 50L stainless steel trash can.
May 8, 2013
684 posts
626 upvotes
London
I got a ninestars dual can automatic for about 100 from Walmart. The manual open button got depressed a little more than it should, I emailed them and they just sent an entire new can. First is still going strong about a year in.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
3487 posts
3894 upvotes
Montreal
Jonick wrote: simplehuman has these little designs that just makes it great. The lid doesn't slam when you close it, locking lid, step mechanism that doesn't break, hinge can allows you to keep it oven, easy to clean, doesn't rust. and the list just goes on.
It's important to point out to people all the little ways this product makes your day better everyday.

And there's another one: vents. In my previous trashcan, placing and especially removing the full bag was a pain due to suction. But my 50L simple human can has well placed vents in the plastic liner that holds the bag. Smooth pull out every time. No other can I have does that.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5778 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
FrancisBacon wrote: It's important to point out to people all the little ways this product makes your day better everyday.

And there's another one: vents. In my previous trashcan, placing and especially removing the full bag was a pain due to suction. But my 50L simple human can has well placed vents in the plastic liner that holds the bag. Smooth pull out every time. No other can I have does that.
Those vents are a great feature and make removing a full trash bags effortless. Another nice feature on the sensor cans is the sensor itself. When the lid is closed, the sensor is sensing motion above the sensor to open the lid preventing false positives when walking past the can. When the lid is open, the sensor shifts its target area to the front of the can. This keeps the lid open when the user is standing in front of the can scraping plate etc. Other motion sensing cans I've had don't do this and often attempt to close on your plate. It has an extremely quiet/smooth operation and the lid forms a nice seal prevent the escape of odors.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2018
1515 posts
2810 upvotes
Winnipeg
FrancisBacon wrote: And there's another one: vents. In my previous trashcan, placing and especially removing the full bag was a pain due to suction. But my 50L simple human can has well placed vents in the plastic liner that holds the bag. Smooth pull out every time. No other can I have does that.
See, I've never given these a second glance.... "What kind of numbnuts pays *that* much money for a trashcan?" I would think. But you might have convinced me to take a closer look, because bag suction drives me bonkers, and has caused the bag to split more times than I am willing to admit.

I'd gladly pay $100 to remove that annoyance from my life for the next 5-10 years.....
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Kevin8se7en wrote:
You either buy some crappy flimsy Rubbermaid thing for under $20
I'm a fan of Rubbermaid commercial.
But I don't think they make step cans, only the giant barrels that you see in restaurants.
Not something most people want at home but I wouldn't trade mine for anything, especially since I have a "work top" on mine adding counter space.
craeyon wrote: I dare someone, DOUBLE DARE someone to post these in the Hot Deal forms:
Not this specifically, but someone posted an $800 pizza oven a few weeks back.
Same "theme" as this thread. "Overpriced etc"
Dualit Toaster God Tier level toaster. Most of you people will have a heart attack looking at the price and go "wtf, my toaster costs $40". Hell most people will have a heart attack spending $200 on a toaster.
Serious question: What's actually so good about it?
I'm used to commercial toasters (even for home).
I have yet to see a decent Vitamix deal posted on these forums. The A6300 will never be posted here because the starting God damn price is $820.00. All I see is shitty Ninja (I've owned one before) and Blendtec blenders posted on these forums.
It's not the A6300 but other Vitamix deals have been posted.
I picked up a refurb from here a few years ago.

what about the sh!t TCL TV thread that everyone keeps banging on about in the Hot Deals section. Ask yourselves, the two most difficult things in this world to replicate are audio and video of reality. Big companies like Sony, Dolby, THX, Carl Zeiss, Samsung spend millions of dollars in research on sensors and capture technology to replicate real life audio and video as close as possible so that it can be presented to you in a manner that is the closest to that original reality. You think some sh1t TCL brand is going to give that level of satisfaction? I mean comon.
I don't know a ton about TVs, but don't most manufacturers just buy a panel off someone on that "big list" and then "wrap" it in plastic?
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2012
5379 posts
4994 upvotes
Toronto
$3 plastic bucket under the sink works fine for me and my family.

Tie up the bag, toss it in the bin in the backyard and wheel that to the curb every couple of weeks. When did garbage get so complicated you need cans to open themselves for you?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
Buying an expensive garbage bin on RFD is hilarious.

I love these threads because of the people who think their $20 garbage bin is better value than someone's $200 bin...

To each their own. Buy whatever makes you happy!
Nov 22, 2015
878 posts
1184 upvotes
Toronto
I think someone hit the spot in one of the posts before. There are some cheap options and some really expensive options but nothing in between when it comes to trash cans. I have used Simplehuman products and they are indeed superior quality. They dont rust and they work seamlessly. Are they overpriced. Yes. But I would still get this over a cheap that would be an inconvenience and would need to be replaced a few months/years down the line. For me its also a matter of not adding up to waste with all the Dollarama quality crap.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3651 posts
1429 upvotes
BC
torontotim wrote: $3 plastic bucket under the sink works fine for me and my family.

Tie up the bag, toss it in the bin in the backyard and wheel that to the curb every couple of weeks. When did garbage get so complicated you need cans to open themselves for you?
My parents did that growing up. Enjoy the permanent smell of garbage under the sink even if you stop doing that.

I also think putting anything under the sink where you water pipes are is stupid.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
3026 posts
1670 upvotes
B.C.
Ren wrote: My parents did that growing up. Enjoy the permanent smell of garbage under the sink even if you stop doing that.

I also think putting anything under the sink where you water pipes are is stupid.
Why is putting anything under the sink where the pipes are stupid?
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3651 posts
1429 upvotes
BC
WL1980 wrote: Sony PS4 is worth 3 trash cans
Sennheiser HD650 - 4 cans
Apple iPhone - 10 cans
LG OLED TV - 15 cans
Toyota Corolla - 190 cans
1 Bedroom condo - 3000 cans

1 trash can : 20 avocado toast

Simple human simple math
I can afford it because I’ve been skipping my avocado toast for decades.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2626 posts
2586 upvotes
Vancouver
lennyandcarl wrote: Why is putting anything under the sink where the pipes are stupid?
Because they have to come up with reasons for spending absurd amounts on trash cans.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
3487 posts
3894 upvotes
Montreal
lennyandcarl wrote: Why is putting anything under the sink where the pipes are stupid?
I wouldn't call it stupid, but if there's a leak you might get garbage juice all over your kitchen instead of relativity clean water.
Jan 6, 2008
368 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry but got this can last year from Costco for $65. Agreed, quality is great and I have 2 simplehuman cans (the other one is rectangle and used for recycling). I prefer the rectangular shape since it does not lean forward when is backed against a wall and you press the pedal. The semi round cans have that tendency when the upper part of the can is larger than the lower part. I had to put a piece of wood behind it to avoid leaning it forward.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3161 posts
3308 upvotes
OneAndTrueHeir wrote: See, I've never given these a second glance.... "What kind of numbnuts pays *that* much money for a trashcan?" I would think. But you might have convinced me to take a closer look, because bag suction drives me bonkers, and has caused the bag to split more times than I am willing to admit.

I'd gladly pay $100 to remove that annoyance from my life for the next 5-10 years.....
Most garbage cans have this feature though... At least in the $30-$40 range anyway.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
1133 posts
145 upvotes
Saw these at Costco Still Creek in Burnaby if anybody is looking for them. Seems like pretty nice quality but don't need one
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135811 upvotes
888888 upvotes
just checked today at yhe same location. Sold out!!!!
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Addict
May 17, 2017
1288 posts
3734 upvotes
Why can't people just move on if they don't like a deal?

You don't have to keep going on and on about WHY you don't like it, just move on...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)