Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Simplehuman 45L stepcan $100 ($130)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2019 9:07 pm
Jun 18, 2016
269 posts
595 upvotes
Thanks OP. [...] This is a good deal.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jun 18th, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed inappropriate bit
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
2753 posts
3016 upvotes
Read it " Lava hot garbage deal" was confusing for a moment there.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4331 posts
2763 upvotes
Sony PS4 is worth 3 trash cans
Sennheiser HD650 - 4 cans
Apple iPhone - 10 cans
LG OLED TV - 15 cans
Toyota Corolla - 190 cans
1 Bedroom condo - 3000 cans

1 trash can : 20 avocado toast

Simple human simple math
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1221 posts
784 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Jonick wrote: People that claim simplehuman products are overpriced clearly never owned a simplehuman product
They are still overpriced. The problem is there's no affordable comparables.
You either buy some crappy flimsy Rubbermaid thing for under $20, or you pay $100+ for quality. Realistically there should be a $50-$80 quality option, but for some reason this segment seems to not exist (or barely anyways).
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
7649 posts
41702 upvotes
Ontario
Kevin8se7en wrote: They are still overpriced. The problem is there's no affordable comparables.
You either buy some crappy flimsy Rubbermaid thing for under $20, or you pay $100+ for quality. Realistically there should be a $50-$80 quality option, but for some reason this segment seems to not exist (or barely anyways).
There are affordable ones. I remembered there was another brand at Costco around $50-$60.

similar product and fingerprint resistance.
Costco West Lists

Costco 【West】 2020 Clearance items .97
If you have time, please do the RFD Survey. It only takes a minute. More sponsors for them. Link
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12917 posts
3948 upvotes
Ottawa
Kevin8se7en wrote: They are still overpriced. The problem is there's no affordable comparables.
I agree there isn't anything in the middle. I have had the generic stainless steel ones you find at Canadian Tire/Walmart/Home Depot and they aren't a substitute, so I forked over the cash for the SImple Human. It does hurt to pay so much for a garbage can but after the initial shock of the price, I do see that I'm getting a better product.

Personally I think people are getting too caught up with whether this is a hot deal or not. I do think that the OP's hot deal exclamation is doing no favours, it just brings out the worse in people. I appreciated the last time somebody posted a legit deal on SimpleHuman prodiucts because I like the product and would buy it again.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Nov 25, 2016
518 posts
375 upvotes
Burnaby
^^ agreed. I think a lot of people will be willing to shell out a bit extra for decent quality and durable products without breaking the bank. Sort of like that Muji philiosophy (although those guys are overpriced in BC).
Jun 8, 2019
150 posts
276 upvotes
Why on earth would you want your garbage can to be fingerprint proof ?!?!?!!?!

First world problems.,,,,..
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido. [removed solicitation]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
2273 posts
2104 upvotes
Alberta
roedoe wrote: Why on earth would you want your garbage can to be fingerprint proof ?!?!?!!?!

First world problems.,,,,..
You enjoy cleaning fingerprints?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2365 posts
1068 upvotes
B.C.
Rubbermaid stuff is awesome! Bad example! It's also not that cheap.

Although they don't seem to sell their step cans in Canada.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1350 posts
1128 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
OP, why do you keep putting LAVA HOT and stuff in most of your posts when their ice cold.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4741 posts
1564 upvotes
Toronto
Thatdealguy wrote: 1) This is a Lava hot deal. Maybe not for you but for some it is. This rarely goes on sale and Costco is selling it now. Backed by Costco warranty. Lava hot.
You have to compare apple with apple.
I hope you don't take offense, because I'm legitimately trying to be helpful.

But some people do get turned off when the OP states that a deal is lava hot, flaming hot, supernova hot etc. because a) it seems over the top the more 'colourful' language is used, and b) that's what the voting system is there to decide. It might come across as the OP telling you how to vote or trying to encourage people to vote a certain way (kind of like saying "this is so clearly hot that you're dumb if you don't vote it hot"). It's like how you get people saying "please be gentle, it's my first/second/third post" which can be taken to mean "you better upvote me or I'll never share a deal again". The deal should be able to stand on its own, and the community decides how hot it is.

Personally I think it's a good deal. I just think the method of delivery might encourage people to try to find fault with it.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
2953 posts
611 upvotes
BC
I love these trash cans. What hasn't been mentioned on this thread is that they're extremely good at keeping away odor. I keep one upstairs strictly for diaper changes, and compared to a diaper genie I've saved hundreds of dollar. When the doors are closed on these, you can't smell a thing unlike lesser trash cans.

As for the kitchen.... yes they're still worth every penny.