Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Simplehuman 45L stepcan $100 ($130)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2019 9:07 pm
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
1981 posts
1387 upvotes
Montreal
lennyandcarl wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 2:46 pm
Why is putting anything under the sink where the pipes are stupid?
I wouldn't call it stupid, but if there's a leak you might get garbage juice all over your kitchen instead of relativity clean water.
Jan 6, 2008
331 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry but got this can last year from Costco for $65. Agreed, quality is great and I have 2 simplehuman cans (the other one is rectangle and used for recycling). I prefer the rectangular shape since it does not lean forward when is backed against a wall and you press the pedal. The semi round cans have that tendency when the upper part of the can is larger than the lower part. I had to put a piece of wood behind it to avoid leaning it forward.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1684 posts
714 upvotes
OneAndTrueHeir wrote:
Jun 17th, 2019 9:32 am
See, I've never given these a second glance.... "What kind of numbnuts pays *that* much money for a trashcan?" I would think. But you might have convinced me to take a closer look, because bag suction drives me bonkers, and has caused the bag to split more times than I am willing to admit.

I'd gladly pay $100 to remove that annoyance from my life for the next 5-10 years.....
Most garbage cans have this feature though... At least in the $30-$40 range anyway.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
1039 posts
44 upvotes
Saw these at Costco Still Creek in Burnaby if anybody is looking for them. Seems like pretty nice quality but don't need one
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein
May 17, 2017
208 posts
444 upvotes
Why can't people just move on if they don't like a deal?

You don't have to keep going on and on about WHY you don't like it, just move on...
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4099 posts
360 upvotes
Markham, ON
This debate is very similar to buying a $3000 apple laptop vs a $500 asus laptop with similar specs.
Then again, we will always try to justify what we bought especially when we spent stupid money on something simple like a garbage can.

At the end of it all, we are simplehuman....
Sep 8, 2014
440 posts
1163 upvotes
tuffenough wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 1:43 pm
Now wait until you see the prices of the actual bags.
I use standard 100 pack of bags from Canadian tire in mine and they work fine. The actual simplehuman bags are not necessary.

I guarantee that all the negative votes are from those that don't own a simplehuman trash can. I absolutely love mine and was sick of the pedal mechanism breaking on my cheaper bins. This particular simplehuman trash can has a 10yr warranty. Well worth every dollar and I'd buy another in a heartbeat.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
6459 posts
33157 upvotes
prohomy wrote:
Jun 18th, 2019 11:02 am
I use standard 100 pack of bags from Canadian tire in mine and they work fine. The actual simplehuman bags are not necessary.

I guarantee that all the negative votes are from those that don't own a simplehuman trash can. I absolutely love mine and was sick of the pedal mechanism breaking on my cheaper bins. This particular simplehuman trash can has a 10yr warranty. Well worth every dollar and I'd buy another in a heartbeat.
from my understanding, they will still replace it for you after their warranty.