Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Simplehuman Rechargeable Sensor Soap Dispenser, 2-pack - $89.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2021 11:21 pm
Oct 6, 2010
329 posts
286 upvotes
Markham

[Costco] Simplehuman Rechargeable Sensor Soap Dispenser, 2-pack - $89.99

If you have the $25 code from auto renewal or the gift of membership it makes it a bit cheaper.. if you need 4 that is.

Comes out to be $44.99 each without the code. Seems cheaper than the last time from the previous thread and it was so popular in rfd:

bed-bath-and-beyond-simplehuman-touchle ... v-2436926/
52 replies
Sep 28, 2010
149 posts
151 upvotes
Not a fan of the new design for these pumps. I have 5 simple human pumps in my house and 1 of them was purchased in March which is this design. It has jammed twice since I’ve owned it. The first time I was able to use unclog cycle to fix it automatically. The second time it happened it would not dispense soap no matter what was done and I’m currently going through the warranty process for a new one.

I’ve been using the same brand of soap in them for over 5 years and jamming has only been a problem in this version.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26651 posts
15245 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone use these? I bought a Costco in-store one (Umbra), plastic surround (white) looked nice. The thing is in return territory (if they'll allow it, I don't know) it just came to a halt (barely anything comes out)
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Jan 23, 2021
65 posts
234 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: Anyone use these? I bought a Costco in-store one, plastic surround (white) looked nice. The thing is in return territory (if they'll allow it, I don't know) it just came to a halt (barely anything comes out)
Not sure about the umbra ones but the big draw to the this model is the battery is built-in and rechargable (no more wasting batteries). Other benefit is the on/off switch for when you need to refill and clean it. This one also senses how far your hand is from the sensor to dispense either less ore more soap (the closer your hand is the less soap you get) it took a bit of time to get used to. Never had them clog on me. Overall works very will in the kitchen for us. The only drawback is that you cannot see how much soap there is left in it unless you pick it up and look at the bottom.

However this deal at Costco isn't that great. These new stainless ones sometime go on sale at Bestbuy for $34.99 each. That is what I purchased mine at.
Last edited by Ligorath on Dec 5th, 2021 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1928 posts
2774 upvotes
Halifax
DaVibe wrote: Anyone use these? I bought a Costco in-store one (Umbra), plastic surround (white) looked nice. The thing is in return territory (if they'll allow it, I don't know) it just came to a halt (barely anything comes out)
Costco accepts returns for items like these pretty much anytime.

For this particular item I am sure they get literally thousands of returns. We had 4 and 2 failed within a month. They are not very good.
Mar 13, 2007
71 posts
167 upvotes
Calgary
I have the old micro USB version of this for about 3 years and it's been flawless and I only seem to charge it once a year. It uses a peristalsis pump which makes me think it will work forever and does seem to be the optimal design for a soap pump. The fact that it says it's a clog proof tubing pump makes me think it uses the same reliable design. This one is different in that the back is not clear and you can't see the inner workings of the pump. The spout has a kind of sphincter that prevents soap from dripping afterwards so amazingly I have found it way more reliable than any hand pump I've ever used.

This deal is very tempting.
Nov 11, 2017
28 posts
54 upvotes
What soaps will work with our liquid soap pumps?

Below is a list of recommended soaps:

Best:
  • simplehuman lavender
  • simplehuman cucumber
  • simplehuman mandarin orange
  • simplehuman geranium
  • simplehuman spring water
  • simplehuman fragrance free
  • simplehuman lemon

Acceptable:
  • Bath & Body Works
  • Dial
  • Cleanwell
  • Dr. Bronner's
  • EO
  • Method
  • Mrs. Meyers
  • Seventh Generation

Not recommended:
  • Lysol
  • Softsoap

Although, dishwashing liquid is not listed, our pumps can handle it. Our pumps are not designed for foaming liquid soaps.
Our liquid soap pumps also work with gel hand sanitizers. Please do not use any soap or hand sanitizer with exfoliants or moisturizing beads as this will clog the pump.

Reference: https://simplehuman.zendesk.com/hc/en-u ... soap-pump-
Apr 4, 2016
68 posts
48 upvotes
I have 5 in my house filled with softsoap and dawn. Never jammed once and only need a charge about once every 6 months.
If there are issues I've heard the simple human warranty is great too. You get what you paid for.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26651 posts
15245 upvotes
Toronto
tdracer wrote: Costco accepts returns for items like these pretty much anytime.

For this particular item I am sure they get literally thousands of returns. We had 4 and 2 failed within a month. They are not very good.
Thanks, I'll give it a try
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1499 posts
2391 upvotes
Hammonds
SK89403 wrote: I have 5 in my house filled with softsoap and dawn. Never jammed once and only need a charge about once every 6 months.
If there are issues I've heard the simple human warranty is great too. You get what you paid for.
Yeah I run various softsoaps in the st1018 models for well over 2 years now with no issues. The Costco softsoap white stuff seems the thickest. Softsoap is overall quite thick and may cause issues if the pumps are rarely used and it dries up. I like the model with the soap window, I just use cheap ladda batteries, quick and easy just 8 cells 4 always charging or charged ready to swap (technically 20 batteries with 16 in use). They seem to work fine with MH and the 2000 recharge cycles should go the rest of my life unlike anything sealed inside a waterproof stainless body.
May 31, 2004
59 posts
65 upvotes
Calgary
OoiOoi wrote: What soaps will work with our liquid soap pumps?

Below is a list of recommended soaps:

Best:
  • simplehuman lavender
  • simplehuman cucumber
  • simplehuman mandarin orange
  • simplehuman geranium
  • simplehuman spring water
  • simplehuman fragrance free
  • simplehuman lemon

Acceptable:
  • Bath & Body Works
  • Dial
  • Cleanwell
  • Dr. Bronner's
  • EO
  • Method
  • Mrs. Meyers
  • Seventh Generation

Not recommended:
  • Lysol
  • Softsoap

Although, dishwashing liquid is not listed, our pumps can handle it. Our pumps are not designed for foaming liquid soaps.
Our liquid soap pumps also work with gel hand sanitizers. Please do not use any soap or hand sanitizer with exfoliants or moisturizing beads as this will clog the pump.

Reference: https://simplehuman.zendesk.com/hc/en-u ... soap-pump-
I've been using the semi-clear SoftSoap in my four 1st-Gen Simple Human dispensers for years, no issues.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2018
1116 posts
1617 upvotes
Ontario
Saw these as well and just bought another 2 pack. Have 4 of these same models already around the house and we love these things. Great for the kitchen or utility sink when your hand are dirty and you don't want to touch the soap. I know you still have to turn the water on but one less thing to do with dirty hands. A bit tricky to get consistent amounts of soap from them but still love them.
Nov 15, 2019
306 posts
419 upvotes
I have two of these ( https://www.shopperplus.ca/p-390079-lvb ... p-dispense ) I got on sale for about $28 each, one with soft soap and one with dawn. Both work great so far. The softsoap pump doesn't dispense as much soap, but it's fine for the bathroom. Honestly, having an automatic dawn dispenser is a game-changer for doing dishes. Anyone on the fence shoud go for it!
Jul 26, 2020
343 posts
561 upvotes
Joedest wrote: I have two of these ( https://www.shopperplus.ca/p-390079-lvb ... p-dispense ) I got on sale for about $28 each, one with soft soap and one with dawn. Both work great so far. The softsoap pump doesn't dispense as much soap, but it's fine for the bathroom. Honestly, having an automatic dawn dispenser is a game-changer for doing dishes. Anyone on the fence shoud go for it!
Agreed, these are great. Got them for house and office. Lowest paid was 22, highest 30.

Only gripes are: You need to unscrew 2 screws to replace the batteries (6xAA) and the footprint.
Last edited by Phil6667 on Dec 5th, 2021 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1123 posts
1064 upvotes
MARKHAM
Phil6667 wrote: Agreed, these are great. Got them for house and office. Lowest paid was 22, highest 30.

Only gripes are: You need to unscrew 2 screws to replace the batteries (6xAAA) and the footprint.
I bought something similar from amazon but it only uses 4xAA batteries: https://www.amazon.ca/Secura-Touchless- ... 901&sr=8-2

My house is loaded with simplehuman products but i can’t help but prefer the clear dispenser, it’s more aesthetically pleasing to see the colourful soap as it is dispensed. Can’t go wrong with OP’s deal though, I’m sure the simplehuman build quality is a lot better.
Jul 26, 2020
343 posts
561 upvotes
moufasa wrote: I bought something similar from amazon but it only uses 4xAA batteries: https://www.amazon.ca/Secura-Touchless- ... 901&sr=8-2

My house is loaded with simplehuman products but i can’t help but prefer the clear dispenser, it’s more aesthetically pleasing to see the colourful soap as it is dispensed. Can’t go wrong with OP’s deal though, I’m sure the simplehuman build quality is a lot better.
That's interesting, it's the EXACT same machine but with 4xAA instead of 6x (made a mistake in post, it's not 6xAAA but 6xAA, corrected it!).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7607 posts
5668 upvotes
Ottawa
Phil6667 wrote: Agreed, these are great. Got them for house and office. Lowest paid was 22, highest 30.

Only gripes are: You need to unscrew 2 screws to replace the batteries (6xAA) and the footprint.
6AA are not cheap, for long run Costco one is cheaper and better Environmental friendly。
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2020
1306 posts
1486 upvotes
All batteries eventually die, and when you can't replace them or get a warranty replacement, the product contributes to landfills. This dispenser contains a rechargeable battery that you can't replace easily. For that reason, I prefer the earlier models that have replaceable batteries. None of mine have died or clogged.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)