• Nov 25th, 2022 12:11 am
[OP]
Mar 16, 2017
39 posts
50 upvotes

[Costco] Simplehuman Soap Dispenser $94.99 2 pack, instore price $74.99

Its good price and good reviews too.

UPDATE:

Instore price at Ajax is $74.99, please check your store.

Features:
Touch-free: neat, easy and automatic, touch-free operation means no germs passed on, and no smudges left behind
Clog-proof tubing pump: for precise and consistent soap flow
Funnel refill opening: makes it easy to refill your sensor pump without messy drips
Variable dispense: position your hand up close for a little soap and farther away for more
No-drip valve: flexible silicone valve snaps shut to create a seal preventing messy drips
Recharge puck (included) on the back is easy to access, and one charge lasts up to 3 months
Waterproof for easy cleaning: With an IP67 rating, you can rinse the pump in the sink to keep it clean

Includes:
Sensor soap dispenser × 2
Recharge puck × 2
Liquid hand soap sample pouch (lavender + vitamin E) × 2
Last edited by fanbouy on Oct 4th, 2022 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
118 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
8202 posts
6537 upvotes
Bought one in March 2020 and no issues still.
Feb 3, 2010
272 posts
336 upvotes
Feels like price went up? I think it was $80 for 2 the last time I bought them
Nov 24, 2011
241 posts
112 upvotes
Internet
Saw these in store clearance for 69.97
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2020
1485 posts
4584 upvotes
looks better than the ones i got at dollarama but i only spent $8 on those at least
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
2970 posts
3201 upvotes
Yes this one far better than the Umbra one. But will wait for this one to appear on Dollarama shelves instead.
Jul 16, 2009
693 posts
60 upvotes
I bought this a while ago for the bathroom. Any time the bathroom would fog up, these would go off. I couldn't stand this and returned it. FYI if you bathroom fogs up, you may not want this thing.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7496 posts
4102 upvotes
Toronto
Damn, $50 to dispense soap... I'd rather have $50 of soap

It's like a $200 wallet... Would you rather have an empty $200 waller or $200 and a rubberband haha
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10055 posts
14385 upvotes
GT-EH
agree it's pretty expensive for what it does...
for me, this is classified under a want versus a need... so I'll pass for now. ;)
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Apr 24, 2018
122 posts
97 upvotes
got the same set (from costco as well) for $70 a month or 2 ago
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1367 posts
2088 upvotes
Hammonds
I dislike this design for 2 reasons. You can't easily see how much soap you have, and you charge it instead of swapping in NiMH batteries. This model don't even appear to have any windows. However they look pretty and have a smaller counter footprint than the design that has a clear tank and takes 4xAA. I've bought cheaper other branded ones and every one has failed, 2 right out of the box. 5 simple human and no failures all through COVID. They are well designed and manufactured, hope that's still true.
Last edited by Ruciz on Oct 4th, 2022 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
17159 posts
4602 upvotes
$100 for Soap Dispenser??? really? what is so special about this? am i missing something? made out of gold or? i am curious
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1367 posts
2088 upvotes
Hammonds
kiasu wrote: $100 for Soap Dispenser??? really? what is so special about this? am i missing something? made out of gold or? i am curious
It's 2 and they include batteries and a decent warranty. Definitely overpriced at 95 as many posts show it was $70 in store.
Aug 15, 2018
334 posts
469 upvotes
Ouch, bought 2 for $30 in last year.
$30 each
Images
  • Simple.JPG
Dec 27, 2017
498 posts
234 upvotes
SimpleHuman stuff is pretty good and this is tempting! Certainly, don't need this, but would make it easy for the little human in the house to never learn how to use a pump! :)

On a side note, I hate that companies design stuff without considering how it works with existing stuff in the household. In this case, why have ANOTHER two charging adapters to store/throw around the house?? If I was a designer, I'd stick a conductive coil on the bottom that is compatible with any Qi charger that households likely already have and make adapter optional free accessory that you can get at the store IF you need one! I'm not an environmental activist (obviously, as I'm interested in this totally unnecessary first world device); just tired of a drawer full of wires and million cable standards. No excuse for that in 2022.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7496 posts
4102 upvotes
Toronto
eljay0 wrote: SimpleHuman stuff is pretty good and this is tempting! Certainly, don't need this, but would make it easy for the little human in the house to never learn how to use a pump! :)

On a side note, I hate that companies design stuff without considering how it works with existing stuff in the household. In this case, why have ANOTHER two charging adapters to store/throw around the house?? If I was a designer, I'd stick a conductive coil on the bottom that is compatible with any Qi charger that households likely already have and make adapter optional free accessory that you can get at the store IF you need one! I'm not an environmental activist (obviously, as I'm interested in this totally unnecessary first world device); just tired of a drawer full of wires and million cable standards. No excuse for that in 2022.
Kids today won't even know how to use a pump!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
8202 posts
6537 upvotes
eljay0 wrote: SimpleHuman stuff is pretty good and this is tempting! Certainly, don't need this, but would make it easy for the little human in the house to never learn how to use a pump! :)

I personally prefer to plug in the cable at the sink as opposed to bringing a charging pad to the sink and putting the dispenser on top of it. Or even worse, taking the dispenser to my bedside table where the wireless charger is.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)