Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Skullcandy Method ANC Bluetooth Earbuds

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2021 12:57 am
Tags:
None
Jan 20, 2019
316 posts
569 upvotes
Ajax, ON

[Costco] Skullcandy Method ANC Bluetooth Earbuds

https://www.costco.ca/skullcandy-method ... 00975.html

Model: S2NCW-M448

Features:

Bluetooth wireless technology

Up to 10 hours of battery life

IPX7 sweat and waterproof

Magnetic earbuds

This model selling at 79.99 other retailer and not to confuse this one with S2NQW-M448 which is lower model IPX4 and UpTo 6 hours selling at 59.99.
Thread Summary
Shopping around? Take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best wireless earbuds!
22 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7556 posts
6834 upvotes
cky312 wrote: One huge thing to note. These do not actually have any Active Noise Cancelling features, Costco just mislabeled these. They're supposed to be called Skullcandy Method Active according to Amazon:
https://www.amazon.ca/Skullcandy-Method-Wireless-Earbuds-S2NCW-M448/dp/B07VT1Z7DQ?th=1
But Costco's model number is the ANC version..?

Edit: nope, you're right. Model number is not the ANC one.
Last edited by hvc on Sep 25th, 2021 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
Consequence wrote: Micro USB charging tho
Nothing wrong with micro USB charging. Lots of headphones/Bluetooth devices still use micro USB instead of usb3. For small battery devices, there really isn’t much of an advantage switching to USB 3.
Oct 10, 2018
48 posts
37 upvotes
Ottawa
Looking for one for work/exercise etc. Is SkullCandy generally a good/reliable brand? I use a iPhone earphones so it would be hard to get worse in terms of audio quality lol.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Paigne wrote: Nothing wrong with micro USB charging. Lots of headphones/Bluetooth devices still use micro USB instead of usb3. For small battery devices, there really isn’t much of an advantage switching to USB 3.
I don't get it either, micro USB people probably have a ton of extra cables--I know I do. I only have a few USB-C cables so seems like it's actually better to have micro USB for things like headphones and random devices. Granted one can't charge on the same cord they charge their phone with with but then I never charge anything but my phone in that location anyway, even when I had micro-USB phones.
Sep 29, 2009
816 posts
1427 upvotes
Kitchener
ES_Revenge wrote: I don't get it either, micro USB people probably have a ton of extra cables--I know I do. I only have a few USB-C cables so seems like it's actually better to have micro USB for things like headphones and random devices. Granted one can't charge on the same cord they charge their phone with with but then I never charge anything but my phone in that location anyway, even when I had micro-USB phones.
The actual connector for micro USB is simply less sturdy than USB C. No matter how careful you are, micro ports wear out on things you charge often way faster than USB C.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Consequence wrote: The actual connector for micro USB is simply less sturdy than USB C. No matter how careful you are, micro ports wear out on things you charge often way faster than USB C.
This is not really true. Both are rated for the same 10,000 insertion cycles:
Wikipedia wrote: Micro-USB and USB-C receptacles are both designed for a minimum rated lifetime of 10,000 cycles of insertion and removal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_hardware#Durability

As with anything you can find a receptacle that fails before this number of cycles, but that could happen with either a micro-B or a C one. Micro-B was specifically designed so the cable is more likely to fail first and I'd imagine this was also the intent of USB-C but either way USB-IF never touted C to have any better durability than micro-B. It does have a lot of other enhancements and features but durability was never one of them.
Dec 5, 2010
327 posts
417 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: This is not really true. Both are rated for the same 10,000 insertion cycles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_hardware#Durability

As with anything you can find a receptacle that fails before this number of cycles, but that could happen with either a micro-B or a C one. Micro-B was specifically designed so the cable is more likely to fail first and I'd imagine this was also the intent of USB-C but either way USB-IF never touted C to have any better durability than micro-B. It does have a lot of other enhancements and features but durability was never one of them.
real world experience trumps these "ratings" I've had 3/5 phones fail where? At the micro-usb port. 0 / 6 usb-c phones or tables or laptops have not failed. I'd trust personal experience over a wikipedia article.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
raftermania wrote: real world experience trumps these "ratings" I've had 3/5 phones fail where? At the micro-usb port. 0 / 6 usb-c phones or tables or laptops have not failed. I'd trust personal experience over a wikipedia article.
:facepalm:

It's not a "wikipedia article" that's just the easiest place to take it from, it's a USB-IF specification.

And no a small sample size of one person's few devices does not trump anything.
Aug 25, 2011
397 posts
516 upvotes
京都
If anyone wants to grab the Method ANC (or anything else really) from skullcandy.ca (seeing as how OP's is not ANC?), here is a $20 code I got from roll up the rim:
RUTR20-GXJ3-6NM5-9XBL-DR3J
Just not my cup of tea. Enjoy.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
Paigne wrote: Nothing wrong with micro USB charging. Lots of headphones/Bluetooth devices still use micro USB instead of usb3. For small battery devices, there really isn’t much of an advantage switching to USB 3.
I don't mind admitting my selfishness but Type C isn't for the benefit of devices but instead for ME!!! I tired of always poking in the microusb cables & finding its not going. Maybe its my eyes but I keep having to turn on the lights for do so. Type C solves that all for me. & I only need 1 cable on the go for the lappie, the phone & the Jabra 85h headphone.

Color me bad in wanting the same for earbudsFlushed Face
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2709 posts
5163 upvotes
I have a lot of micro usb cables but it's just so much more convenient to have usb c since I can just use the same cable I use to charge my phone, without needing another cable/charger. It's all about convenience
Rogers 30GB $35
Oct 22, 2013
703 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
sushiphage wrote: If anyone wants to grab the Method ANC (or anything else really) from skullcandy.ca (seeing as how OP's is not ANC?), here is a $20 code I got from roll up the rim:
RUTR20-GXJ3-6NM5-9XBL-DR3J
Just not my cup of tea. Enjoy.
I have one of these codes as well that I don’t plan on using. If anybody on here is interested, send me a PM.
Jun 6, 2018
321 posts
232 upvotes
you guys think this is good for sleeping with? looks relatively flat
Oct 16, 2002
834 posts
674 upvotes
raftermania wrote: real world experience trumps these "ratings" I've had 3/5 phones fail where? At the micro-usb port. 0 / 6 usb-c phones or tables or laptops have not failed. I'd trust personal experience over a wikipedia article.

Totally. Have a bunch of bent micro USB connectors that I had to throw out. The insertion rating measures how many times you can reinsert the wire without failure but doesn't measure real world abuse of phones falling and dangling on wires or kids jerking the connector sideways.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
aomous wrote: I have a lot of micro usb cables but it's just so much more convenient to have usb c since I can just use the same cable I use to charge my phone, without needing another cable/charger. It's all about convenience
Everyone is going to have different preferences and setups of course, but what if you want to charge your phone and earphones at the same time? One cable isn't going to accomplish that and won't be very convenient :P

For me it's more convenient to just have a different cable in a different location to where I charge my phone, just to charge the myriad of other devices that use micro-USB. I mean what did you do with all your other things that used micro-B? Just throw them out and get rid of them after C started coming in? I mean you could have but I suspect it's more than likely most people still have quite a few things that use micro-B.

An alternative is just get a cable-end adapter that changes micro-B to C or vice versa. Then a "one cable station" would work for everything I guess.