Smith snow goggles I/O MAG XL $129.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 4th, 2021 9:03 am
[OP]
Mar 27, 2012
26 posts
149 upvotes

[Costco] Smith snow goggles I/O MAG XL $129.99

Smith snow goggles IO MAG XL, two lenses, looks like a good deal for this goggle.
*Notes: it has a low nose bridge.
Official store sales price is around $320
Images
  • 7230B88B-0AC7-4967-A1FF-8F2C7FBFA34F.jpeg
Last edited by useduse on Oct 26th, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
These may be "Asian fit" goggles with a low nose bridge. Model says they're regular I/O Mag XLs but "low nose bridge" is listed in the features.
130 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4845 posts
920 upvotes
what does the XL mean? for large faces?
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

11 Never Summer Heritage, 08 Rome Targa
08 Nitro Eero Ettala 155, 07 Rome 390
07 Capita Outdoor Living 154
Cervelo Soloist Carbon Ultegra
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4990 posts
2187 upvotes
Winnipeg
bluetroll wrote: what does the XL mean? for large faces?
From Smith Optics: You can only scope your line if you can see where you're going. Putting on the Smith I/O MAG™ XL goggles is like flipping the switch from regular to extra-widescreen. Our ChromaPop™ lens tech boosts color and contrast, so you get the clearest picture of the terrain ahead. Our highest level of anti-fog treatment and air flow keep the view sharp. Whether the day dawns clear or stormy, lens swaps are a snap thanks to our quick-swap MAG™ lens system. Because no two faces are the same, the XL model expands on the standard size for those looking for the largest possible lens.

Source: https://www.smithoptics.com/en_CA/goggl ... GLES.html/
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Jan 6, 2019
67 posts
94 upvotes
This is a good deal, basically pro deal pricing if you worked at a shop.
Sep 20, 2007
147 posts
92 upvotes
Smoking deal, HOWEVER, description says "low nose bridge" so this may be the asian fit. It's Costco, so if there's one nearby you and you're looking for a pair of goggles, it's worth a shot. You're not gonna find a better deal for a high end pair with two lenses.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4990 posts
2187 upvotes
Winnipeg
604al wrote: Smoking deal, HOWEVER, description says "low nose bridge" so this may be the asian fit. It's Costco, so if there's one nearby you and you're looking for a pair of goggles, it's worth a shot. You're not gonna find a better deal for a high end pair with two lenses.
Good catch. Yes, these are the "Asian" fit version. More details on the fit here: https://www.smithoptics.com/en_CA/goggl ... GGLES.html

Large fit; Low Bridge Fit for faces with a lower nose bridge and/or a wide or high cheekbone shape.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
May 10, 2016
457 posts
724 upvotes
Can confirm this is a great deal. Sport Chek has these on clearance for $235. I've been looking for a pair to replace my mediocre $35 AliExpress goggles and, like mattresses, they all seem to be incredibly overpriced for what you're getting.

I wish they had the regular I/O mag but I'll see how this one fits.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3952 posts
1463 upvotes
Montreal
What's the verdict on the magnetic lens change system? No issues with undesired popout?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1991 posts
426 upvotes
Alberta
Anyone know what the 2 lenses are?

I have some Smith I/OX already so really don't need these, but it's an awesome deal.
My Asian fit seem to just have some extra thick foam on the nose to help seal out drafts coming up.
Mar 3, 2020
173 posts
259 upvotes
Chingyul wrote: Anyone know what the 2 lenses are?

I have some Smith I/OX already so really don't need these, but it's an awesome deal.
My Asian fit seem to just have some extra thick foam on the nose to help seal out drafts coming up.
Do you have a pair of standard bridge ones and how they compare? I'm curious if you could just shave the foam or punch it out with a slightly larger bridge.
Mar 19, 2016
690 posts
673 upvotes
canada
Solid deal! Already have a good pair but would be tempted to get these otherwise.
Nov 26, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Chingyul wrote: Anyone know what the 2 lenses are?
Looks like it could be Chromapop Sun Black Gold Mirror or even Sun Platinum Mirror. The picture is petty bad.

I wonder if there's a way to tell what model year this is.
Dec 29, 2009
588 posts
198 upvotes
These are great googles. I will say that they are perfect if you have a smith helmet. I've always had difficulty having one helmet brand and another goggle brand. They fit but not as well as having the same for both
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2015
2129 posts
1094 upvotes
Calgary, AB
GT!! wrote: What's the verdict on the magnetic lens change system? No issues with undesired popout?
Been using them for several years and they are good. Much better than Smiths previous system.
Jul 19, 2010
650 posts
284 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP!I have always wanted Asian fit googles
Jan 11, 2013
91 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
It's a great price, I'm curious as what people without low nose bridges feel about this "low-bridge" version.
Nov 23, 2012
413 posts
304 upvotes
Brossard
ProCalgary wrote: Anybody know it is over the glasses? XL maybe?
I have the now defunct IOX / turbofan (the best!). "Regular" fit and being asian.

They fit super well with glasses with the lens "cavity" being so big and the soft "sides" for the glasses arms.

Run, not walk, to this deal. It's flaming hot.
Mar 5, 2008
446 posts
106 upvotes
ProCalgary wrote: Anybody know it is over the glasses? XL maybe?
no the lense is just a huge lense.